Ianto Jones/Gareth David-Lloyd Thunk and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
    I know the feeling Mealla, no one ever comes up here! N.Ireland, the forgotten viewers lol.
    Gareth was in Belfast a few months ago for the Vortex convention...

Comment

What?!?! =O

Comment

What?!?! =O
        I knew about the convention because my friends run the company but I didn't realise Gareth had been there until after the con.

http://www.utevents.co.uk/

Comment

Well they sure made every effort to advertise it I see!

**hmphs!**

lol

Comment

Well they sure made every effort to advertise it I see!

**hmphs!**

lol
            Did you see a story on BBC news about a giant Dalek on a hillside? That was Denis, the runner of UT events. My mate Thomas also built a Dalek out of snow to promote the event and the BBC heard about it and came and filmed an article about it.

Dalek on hillside

Snow Dalek

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
              Did you see a story on BBC news about a giant Dalek on a hillside? That was Denis, the runner of UT events. My mate Thomas also built a Dalek out of snow to promote the event and the BBC heard about it and came and filmed an article about it.

Dalek on hillside

Snow Dalek
              Those were pretty cool! And no pun intended on that last one! Snow is something we rarely see where I'm from. For us, when we do see snow, a light dusting can be considered by some as a blizzard!

Comment

Originally posted by Mealla McAllister View Post
                Spoiler:
                I understand your thoughts. But even it was purely for the shock value, it seemed to work. Everyone is shocked that it happened and people declare that they won't watch Torchwood again/are sending coffee to the BBC/whatever.
                Spoiler:
                Oh, it certainly worked for shock value, I wont deny that, but in terms of good story telling, it didn't seem necessary to me. Then again, I guess the point they were trying to make was that in times of war people do die for no reason...

I guess I just think that if you have to rely on the death of much loved characters (Owen, Tosh, and Ianto) to make good drama you're doing something wrong.

I've never met anyone, since I don't have the chances where I live. But it's always great to hear how nice the actors are!
                I've never met any of the cast either. I tend to avoid conventions and that sort of thing. I don't know, I had gone to one when I was a bit younger and didn't have any fun so I never tried again. I've always heard good things about Comic Con though and I'm fairly close to San Diego, so I might try that one of these years.
                Originally posted by Callista
                Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                Originally posted by HPMom
                She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Dalek on hillside

Snow Dalek
                  I recall being told about a giant Dalek at the hillside, but didn't know it was related to the convention.

Comment

Hi, I'm going to London in two weeks and I'd like to buy one book from the new set of TW novels. Last time I was there I got myself Twilight Street and Almost Perfect (loved them both ).
                    But this time I can't decide which one to buy, The House That Jack Built, Pack Animals or another one.

Have you read any of the new books? And would you be so kind and recommend one? TIA.

P.S. It would certainly help if the book had lots of Ianto in it.
                    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I guess I just think that if you have to rely on the death of much loved characters (Owen, Tosh, and Ianto) to make good drama you're doing something wrong.
                      But yes, that's so right. Hm.

Dalek on hillside
                      Snow Dalek
                      Wow, really cool. I heard about the Dalek on the hillside but I didn't know it was connected to something. And I still make fun together with my sis that the BBC wanders every winter through Britains front garden with a hair dryer to melt all the "copyright infrigments".
                      This heart was like a tardis
                      I went and lost the key in a fight

Facebook | Twitter | Livejournal | Last.fm

Comment

I'm still somewhat upset...
                        Spoiler:
                        it's not fair.

I can honestly say that Torchwood isn't going to be the same without him.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

hihi!!

sorry i haven't been around lately, i'm writing an article about torchwood: children of earth for www.cool****e.net and i've been putting all of my energy into that. i'm wondering, does anyone have a link to the footage of the torchwood panal at last years comic con? the one where JB and GDL kissed? i'm looking in particular for a moment where they are asked about their characters and their time on the show, and GDL says something to the effect of, he feels secure in the show coz he's with the boss?
                          thanks muchly, be back soon with caps
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

From the John/Jack thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4682

Linke I've said there, read the whole story, then make up your own mind.

Comment

Just finished Day Four of CoE.

Spoiler:
                              *curls up into a little ball and bawls*

Um, what I want to know is... why? Character development for Jack or something? For goodness sake! Jack's got more than enough character development already! And they killed Owen and Tosh off last season!

I think I'm just going to go cry again. Because Russell T. Davies has officially pissed me off.

In other news... I named my coffee maker Ianto. I'm trying very hard not to make a suit for it and have a stopwatch in its pocket...
                              Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                              "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                              sigpic
                              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                                Just finished Day Four of CoE.

Spoiler:
                                *curls up into a little ball and bawls*

Um, what I want to know is... why? Character development for Jack or something? For goodness sake! Jack's got more than enough character development already! And they killed Owen and Tosh off last season!

I think I'm just going to go cry again. Because Russell T. Davies has officially pissed me off.

In other news... I named my coffee maker Ianto. I'm trying very hard not to make a suit for it and have a stopwatch in its pocket...
                                *hugs*

I know,
                                Spoiler:
                                he's not getting on my good side either (but that's a rant saved for my LJ). It won't be the same without him

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                                X