No announcement yet.

Ianto Jones/Gareth David-Lloyd Thunk and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It 12.15am on Friday Morning and i have just watched Day 4 on iplayer!

Spoilered for major COE plot!! WARNING: don't read if you haven't watched Day 4 yet.
    Spoiler:
    I am very difficult to shock but this episode managed to do just that. Ianto has been killed off! I cannot believe this. I also cannot believe that the writers, namely RTD, went anywhere near the thought of killing him off. i would say that if asked, about 85% (at least) would say that Ianto is the heart and soul of torchwood. Not Jack, definatly not Gwen, but Ianto. Ianto isn't just the person who "cleans up after us and gets us everywhere on time." but the one who keeps everyone together.

To kill Ianto off worse thing you can do. We're still reeling after the fact that Owen and Tosh were killed off in series 2. To kill off a 3rd character, and much loved i may add, is abit much! RTD is not gonna kill off Jack (fair do's!) and Gwen is very much adored and worshipped by the writers (obvious!) so she's not gonna get killed off, the old guy is getting killed off anyway......Hmm, who can they kill off? Ah, i know! Ianto! Don't worry no-one will notice! *snort* Excuse my language but Bullsh*t!!

If Ianto is somehow not revived, i can guarantee 2 things:

1. The ratings for series 4 will drop like a stone, with fans boycotting Torchwood.
    2. And because off the lack of ratings Torchwood will get cancelled.

I like Gwen, i really do, but i do not want Torchwood to turn in to The Gwen Cooper-Williams Show!!

Also there is the whole Janto fandom!! Killing Ianto will effectively kill off the Jack/Ianto fandom. And if TPTB have killed the Janto pairing, then after the "Day 4" episode was aired TORCHWOOD HAD EFFECTIVELY BEEN KILLED SINCE IT WILL NOT SURVIVE WITHOUT IANTO!!!

Edited to say: I wonder if RTD has an email address, so i can cyberly (is that a word? Is now!) shove this post down his throat!!
    Last edited by Kady; 09 July 2009, 04:10 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

It's been a while since I've been, so here goes. If anyone is interested, there's a petition over at
      Spoiler:
      http://community.livejournal.com/antigwenallies/. While I may not have warmed-up to Gwen in the past, I can really say I don't hate her.But there is a petition going on there. Also there is an address provided for RTD.
      Russell T Davies
      c/o. BBC
      PO Box 1922
      Glasgow
      G2 3WT.

Comment

Okay, even though I haven't seen it yet, I'm a sucker for spoilers... O..M..F..G!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

OKAY Somewhat of a happier note:

US FANS: GARETH IS GOING TO BE AT HURRICANE WHO IN FLORIDA OCTOBER 30 TO NOVEMBER 1ST.

Here's the link to the site, and if you hurry before July 31, full weekend tickets for adults are ONLY $55!!!

So after missing Gareth in June in Chicago, I was just (a few minutes ago) browsing the calendar on his site to see if he was gonna be nearby any time soon. Well, I found that!!

Comment

day four spoilers
          Spoiler:
          i can't believe RTD would do that. he can't go an ep without flaunting homosexuality, there's no way he'd kill off the couple now. i'm only gonna watch tomorrows ep to see how they bring him back. if they don't that's TW gone. at least i don't have to worry about another show to watch
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
            day four spoilers
            Spoiler:
            i can't believe RTD would do that. he can't go an ep without flaunting homosexuality, there's no way he'd kill off the couple now. i'm only gonna watch tomorrows ep to see how they bring him back. if they don't that's TW gone. at least i don't have to worry about another show to watch
            Completely agree. If it isn't fixed, I'm done after tomorrow's ep.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Me too, and i've read a lot of forums and posts on facebook etc that say the same thing. So many people are saying without Ianto they won't watch. It just wouldn't be the same not a popular choice this one (surprise surprise).
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                i doubt they'd keep him dead. they have the risen mitten, and i know that's been done before, but this is ianto!
                "what?"
                *throat punch*

Comment

Spoiler:
                  After the cancellation of sga I believed to have see the worst, I made a mistake the death of ianto is just cruel, he's the best character of the show, without him no more TW for me

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Yep, it doesn't matter too me if it's cheesy or already been done before, we have to have Ianto back!
                    sigpic

Comment

new pic:

mild spoilers, and for size
                      Spoiler:

and kidwizz wont be able to do the capping afterall so i'll have to get my bf's copies and use them
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*

Comment

I was reading GDL's profile on IMDb and i think we all maybe a little bit quick of the mark as this is was i noticed in his filmography:

"Torchwood" .... Ianto Jones (31 episodes, 2006-2009)
                        - Children of Earth: Day Five (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                        - Children of Earth: Day Four (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                        - Children of Earth: Day Three (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                        - Children of Earth: Day Two (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                        - Children of Earth: Day One (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones

He is, according to this site, creditted to be in Day 5. Just thought you guys should know.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know, they wouldn't be likely to leave his name off day 5 until it's been released worldwide, otherwise people would know something happened to him. But hey, optimism ash, think positive.

Either way, I'm substituting canon and replacing it with my own reality.
                          Ianto is at the hub, messing with Jack's stopwatch.

Originally posted by Callista
                          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                          Originally posted by HPMom
                          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                            Either way, I'm substituting canon and replacing it with my own reality.
                            Ianto is at the hub, messing with Jack's stopwatch.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ntrycide_1.png
                            Ooooooh, i definately liking that idea!!! *giggles*
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Damn it, day four did not end in a good way. ._. Why the hell did they have to kill off Ianto? <_<

I'm hoping that they bring him back, but if they decide not to I won't be very suprised. They'll probably get new Torchwood staff if season four airs.
                              ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                                Ooooooh, i definately liking that idea!!! *giggles*
                                Jack likes that idea too.

Originally posted by Callista
                                Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                                Originally posted by HPMom
                                She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Working...
                                X