Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting round to catching up with Torchwood.

Just watching "Daad Man Walking", and immediatly, something strikes me - the bullet hole in Owen's chest seems a bit on the large side to have been caused by a 9mm round.

Also, I think writer Matt Jones has maybe seen too many cartoons. The scene where Jack is tippy-toeing his way through the pack of sleeping Weevils reminded me of a gag in an old Sylvester the Cat cartoon - in this case Sylvester has to sneak through a dog pound in order to get something (I forget what exactly).
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Also, I think writer Matt Jones has maybe seen too many cartoons. The scene where Jack is tippy-toeing his way through the pack of sleeping Weevils reminded me of a gag in an old Sylvester the Cat cartoon - in this case Sylvester has to sneak through a dog pound in order to get something (I forget what exactly).
      Right down to one of them hugging his foot like a teddy bear, wasn't there?
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
        Right down to one of them hugging his foot like a teddy bear, wasn't there?
        Yup.

Best line in the ep? Ianto: "...I keep getting re-directed to Weight Watchers..."

I almost fell off my chair laughing.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Thought of a couple things about the last ep. 1. Why not use krazy glue on the cut in Owen's hand? It "bonds to anything" right? And it wouldn't leave a bunch of useless stitches in his hand forever. 2. How can Owen not have breath to save the old man? I know it made for a dramatic moment, but he's been breathing steadily since his resurrection and reflexive action or not, it still implies that he's drawing air into his lungs, to say nothing of the fact that you need to have air in order to talk.

Anyway, the tiptoe through the weevils thing WAS very funny and cartoonlike, I didn't feel it detracted from the ep. Ah, the callback to childhood. Jack's way cooler than Sylvester, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Anyway, the tiptoe through the weevils thing WAS very funny and cartoonlike, I didn't feel it detracted from the ep. Ah, the callback to childhood. Jack's way cooler than Sylvester, though.
            I'm not saying it "detracted from the episode" in any way, it made me chuckle to know that I'm not the only one who loves old cartoons.

And yeah, Jack is waay cooler than Sylvester. He's more a Pepe Le Pew type if you ask me.
            Last edited by BruTak; 01 March 2008, 06:12 AM. Reason: Typo.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              I had to restrain myself from singing "Tiptoe, though the Weevils" the way "Tiptoe, through the Meanies" was sung in Yellow Submarine

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                I had to restrain myself from singing "Tiptoe, though the Weevils" the way "Tiptoe, through the Meanies" was sung in Yellow Submarine
                I have not seen Yellow Submarine in years!

I love that movie!
                sigpic

Comment

Right there with ya.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I have not seen Yellow Submarine in years!

I love that movie!
                    I tried to introduce my daughter to it, no joy, she thinks it's too weird

Comment

I tried to introduce my daughter to it, no joy, she thinks it's too weird
                      Old Fred: "Frankenstein!"
                      Ringo: "I used to go out with 'is sister..."
                      Old Fred: "His sister?"
                      Ringo: "Yeah - Phyllis."

Kids today are weird. I had to explain to my 14yr old niece what Tetris was...
                      sigpic

Comment

Old Fred: "Frankenstein!"
                        Ringo: "I used to go out with 'is sister..."
                        Old Fred: "His sister?"
                        Ringo: "Yeah - Phyllis."

Kids today are weird. I had to explain to my 14yr old niece what Tetris was...
                        What day is it today
                        Sitar-day
                        George'll be in then
                        My daughter loves Tetris

Comment

Just watched "A Day In The Death".

Still think Owen's bullet hole is too big for an entry wound...

Where was Martha going at the end? She was walking towards Cardiff Bay. Was she getting picked up by some ultra-secret UNIT submarine or something?
                          sigpic

Comment

The bullet hole doesn't look much like a bullet hole. Knife wound, maybe. Not that I have much experience with what bullet wounds look like, of course. Just autopsy scenes from CSI and NCIS and whatnot.

And I kept waiting for Martha to disappear in a flash of light. Wrong show, I know, but I was still half-expecting it.

Comment

Maybe she got beamed aboard the Valiant?
                              sigpic

Comment

Just watched "A Day In The Death".

Still think Owen's bullet hole is too big for an entry wound...

Where was Martha going at the end? She was walking towards Cardiff Bay. Was she getting picked up by some ultra-secret UNIT submarine or something?
                                I'll have to show it to my OH, he'll know, he picks holes in anything Gun related

Comment

Working...
                                X