Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode, with enough humour and carnage. Loved the character interaction, and the plot as a whole. Although I found it very sad when

Spoiler:
    They shot Beth. Poor woman.

Ianto is funny. *nods*
    ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

That was fantastic.

Really good moral questions over what to do with Beth, and whether she was human. Great performances from all the cast there, including the woman playing Beth.

I'm hopeful that this invasion thing will be going somewhere big - could be a great story. Also hoping that Vice President Jim (from Neighbours) Widmore/Alan Dale is their leader.

And I've got to agree with Willow's question of "wtf has gotten into Ianto?" He was completely wonko this week! Definitely got all the best lines - "Or the first sign of exploding..."; "It's even worse than I thought."; "He is dashing, you've got to give him that."; and the rant about the phones being down.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        That was fantastic.

Really good moral questions over what to do with Beth, and whether she was human. Great performances from all the cast there, including the woman playing Beth.

I'm hopeful that this invasion thing will be going somewhere big - could be a great story. Also hoping that Vice President Jim (from Neighbours) Widmore/Alan Dale is their leader.

And I've got to agree with Willow's question of "wtf has gotten into Ianto?" He was completely wonko this week! Definitely got all the best lines - "Or the first sign of exploding..."; "It's even worse than I thought."; "He is dashing, you've got to give him that."; and the rant about the phones being down.
        im assuming it might be something to do with his date with jack thats made him so cheerful

Comment

Was that a Dalek gun/Tommy gun hybrid from "Evolution of the Daleks" I spotted in the Torchwood armoury?

I wonder where that came from...
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I thought this episode was really good, a lot better than the last series
            Spoiler:
            In Next Week's trailer, did I see Tosh snog Ianto?

Speaking if Ianto, I think he's narked at Jack running off with the Doctor, I've behaved like that when my OH has royally p!$$ed me off, lovers tiff is all it is.
            Spoiler:
            I thought Jack was a bit harsh in this episode, it's nice to see Owen's grown up, he was a complete to$$er last year but I've grown to like him a bit more in the last 2 episodes

Comment

although I think JB was struggling a bit in this episode to find the right Jack to play, the episode in itself was great.

IMO Ianto was the shining star in this one....

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
              I so second that... everytime he opened his mouth a snarky, sarcastic, hilarious comment came out! I was like WTF at first?! What happened to Ianto?! But it was brilliant... had to rewind each time to hear again cause I missed half of it cause I laughed so hard...

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
              im assuming it might be something to do with his date with jack thats made him so cheerful
              jup, I think he had a VERY GOOD offscreen week *lol* and I like it how it lets Jack pay... the comment about Jack's manners in bed? (although what was that about Gwen starting it?!) LOVED it

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

The Last Episods "spike armed aliens" was RUBBISH! It has to be the worst episode of Tourchwood YET!

Something about it just felt, low budget, cheap rubbish.
                Don't get me wrong, the story was an intresting idea, But it could have been done so much better.
                Looking at the last series of Tourchwood and Doctor Who, I exspect so much more and to have each show feel "epic" but it did not.
                I think it was the Direction, as part where just filmed rubbish, Like the assult on the military base which had Nukes inside, That was so poorly done! ITS A NUKE FILLED MILITARY BASE! and theres like 4 gaurds outside with no defences apart from a few sand bangs and a computer (which was in the open) It just did not feel like a high cost Doctoir Who like sci-fi.

Lets just hope this was the money saver of this series as from the previews the rest of the eps look great! Can't what for the bug one!
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Not terrible, an improvement over most of last season's efforts.

The bad:
                  The alien plan was nonsense, it made no sense at all. None. It wasn't a credible threat and it wouldn't have taken more than a couple of lines to generate something more sensible, like the military were keeping a crashed spaceship, or something that the aliens needed. Cardiff is hardly the ideal place to start an invasion if you're not going to use the Rift in some way. The nukes were such a stupid idea.
                  It felt like a lot of characters had nothing to do. Torchwood would be fine of Tosh, and Doctor man were completely absent. Ianto perfectly filled the role of "amusing guy", gwen is a good "empathy girl" and Jack is "superhero dude" with just the three of them it would work just as well, and would leave room for some actual development that's not "OOOH I SAID SEX!!"
                  The reduction of the stupid adolescent references is welcome, but they still just don't work on the whole. It feels like it was written by 12 year olds, for 12 year olds. Enough with the nudge-nudge wink-wink nonsense.
                  Some of the slower moments dragged on, without adding anything to the story.
                  Owen might possibly be one of the worst characters in Sci-fi right now, boring, bland and just plain annoying. I really hope he dies. Soon.
                  The refrerences to classic sci-fi were weak, references only work if they're pulled of with style, smarts, or humour. They failed on all accounts.

Good
                  Explosions. Great explosions!
                  The core idea was actually interesting, shame about the execution.
                  Ianto's one liners amused.

I'll watch next week, but if it doesn't pick up I'll probably consign TW to the "Watch if nothing else is on" pile like I did last year.
                  I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                    I so second that... everytime he opened his mouth a snarky, sarcastic, hilarious comment came out! I was like WTF at first?! What happened to Ianto?! But it was brilliant... had to rewind each time to hear again cause I missed half of it cause I laughed so hard...
                    "They know more about this place than I do. No-one knows more than I do!"

"How do you know that?"
                    "I know everything. And it's written at the bottom of the screen."
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                      The bad:
                      The alien plan was nonsense, it made no sense at all. None. It wasn't a credible threat and it wouldn't have taken more than a couple of lines to generate something more sensible, like the military were keeping a crashed spaceship, or something that the aliens needed. Cardiff is hardly the ideal place to start an invasion if you're not going to use the Rift in some way. The nukes were such a stupid idea.
                      Well, it wasn't the best plan ever, but then it also wasn't the plan. It seemed to be the cell's contingency 'clean-up' plan in case one of them were compromised. Disable the military, cause panic and set off a nuke to remove all the evidence of alien involvement.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

ok, i wasn't the greatest fan of this episode. it was ok but to be honest, despite it being understandable given the situation, i couldn't stand the womans complaining and crying.

However, for the first time since the first few eppys of season 1, i thought ianto was great. His one liners just made the episode. Fantastic!
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                          "They know more about this place than I do. No-one knows more than I do!"

"How do you know that?"
                          "I know everything. And it's written at the bottom of the screen."
                          you gotta love him for that

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                          Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            ok, i wasn't the greatest fan of this episode. it was ok but to be honest, despite it being understandable given the situation, i couldn't stand the womans complaining and crying.

However, for the first time since the first few eppys of season 1, i thought ianto was great. His one liners just made the episode. Fantastic!
                            I don't think it was the whole plan, I think that there are sleepers all over the world, but only the cardiff contingient was activated, I think in the event of the actual attack there would be worldwide activation.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i watched sleeper t'other day, and i've decided i don't like ianto's new character, his one liners should have gone to someone else, he was better in season 1, gwen is much better now, and i always liked tosh,
                              the ep was good, missed the first few mins, but i caught up quite easily. i liked the concept, and the alien make up on the writsts, it was a cool ep, concept and execution, shame the characters still need work, am looking forward to more.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. The Beth actress was quite brilliant. I thought Ianto was way over the top and frankly annoying. If all he's going to do this year is shag Jack and be the comic relief, I vote we go to last series Ianto - especially the one that shot Owen. Some one liners are good. But there were too many. Ianto and the phone bit really annoyed me and him and chair, that irked me, too. I really want to like Ianto. But give the man something to do - like last week. Ugh.

I thought Gwen was really good this week. I liked the darker Jack. We still need more of Tosh and Owen. But it looks like next week is going to be a Tosh story. The previews looked great!

Rating: B-
                                Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Working...
                                X