Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A review of the season two opener.

Hopefully this bodes well.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to it now

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        What you get is a whole load of celebrities - mostly from the washed up, has-been variety - acting like fools.
        I'll have you know, sirrah, that Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney is appearing in panto this year! Has-been indeed...
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I'll have you know, sirrah, that Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney is appearing in panto this year! Has-been indeed...
          And Sir Ian McKellan, you know, him that was Gandalf in the three LOTR films, has played a Pantomime Dame a couple of times, it was on his 'things to do before I die' list, along with appearing in a soap.

John Barrowman does it on a regular basis too

Comment

Missster.Freeman, thank you. Now I know.

Comment

The 16th of January has been casually thrown aroudn as a starting date, apparently. Not confirmed, tho.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

HEAVE! *hauls thread back on topic after lengthy digression*

I do hear that the Hub set has been partly redesigned. Anyone have any details?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

For those still watching the first series on CBC, they've messed around the schedule (surprise surprise). The next episode "Combat" will air on Friday January 4 in the regular time slot, however "Captain Jack Harkness" and "End of Days" have been moved to air back to back on Sunday January 6 starting at 8pm. And there is still no indication of when the second series will be airing.

Could always hope that this change of the schedule is to accommodate the second series at the end of January, but I doubt it- probably more likely to accommodate their *gasp* Actually promoted Exciting! New! Shows!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    For those still watching the first series on CBC, they've messed around the schedule (surprise surprise). The next episode "Combat" will air on Friday January 4 in the regular time slot, however "Captain Jack Harkness" and "End of Days" have been moved to air back to back on Sunday January 6 starting at 8pm. And there is still no indication of when the second series will be airing.

Could always hope that this change of the schedule is to accommodate the second series at the end of January, but I doubt it- probably more likely to accommodate their *gasp* Actually promoted Exciting! New! Shows!
                    Thanks for the info. I saw it had been pre-empted in December, but didn't know when it would air. So, we then get 3 episodes in 3 days? Well, that means they'll air it before the DVDs come out at least. How did you hear about the change? I sent a note to the CBC, but they never got back to me (surprise, surprise).

I'd love to hear that they've decided to air series two in January, but I think the chances are really, really low. They'll probably find a way to air series two of the Tudors ahead of schedule, though! Sigh...
                    Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by magickalmama View Post
                      Thanks for the info. I saw it had been pre-empted in December, but didn't know when it would air. So, we then get 3 episodes in 3 days? Well, that means they'll air it before the DVDs come out at least. How did you hear about the change? I sent a note to the CBC, but they never got back to me (surprise, surprise).

I'd love to hear that they've decided to air series two in January, but I think the chances are really, really low. They'll probably find a way to air series two of the Tudors ahead of schedule, though! Sigh...
                      How did I hear about the change.....*sigh* I didn't. And I never heard back from them either. I had to go hunting through the little schedule grid on their website, clicking all through the days of December and January to find it.

Comment

Please forgive me for asking this-- I haven't read this entire thread...

BBC America has been advertising that they will be showing new episodes of Torchwood sometime in January. Does this mean that it will be Season Two??? (Hopefully!!)
                        "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by docballen View Post
                          Please forgive me for asking this-- I haven't read this entire thread...

BBC America has been advertising that they will be showing new episodes of Torchwood sometime in January. Does this mean that it will be Season Two??? (Hopefully!!)
                          Yup.

Comment

I can't wait to see
                            Spoiler:
                            Captain John!

Comment

BBC America Torchwood Series Two Trailer!

Spoiler:
                              Yes! James Marsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                BBC America Torchwood Series Two Trailer!

Spoiler:
                                Yes! James Marsters!
                                hee...I've watched it three times and am not getting tired of it.
                                Spoiler:
                                I could watch Marsters and John pointing guns at each other all day

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                                X