Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definatly looking forward to the second series of Torchwood now

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      John Barrowman as Apollo? Well, that would've been - different...
      I'm trying to wrap my mind around that. "Different" doesn't even begin to cover it. I think I'm glad he didn't get the part, though, because I hate Apollo and I don't think having Barrowman in the role would have made the character much more palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barrowman
        And it’s commenting on our society. Russell’s brilliant in his writing, he comments on society through his writing. That’s what science fiction is. And I’m a science fiction fan and I have been for years. It’s commenting on our society now, but in a futuristic terms.
        ... Does anyone know what the "comment" was in that arc? I tried thinking back but if i'm honest metaphors (or memory recall ) are not my forte...
        Last edited by Anubis69; 15 July 2007, 06:21 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Glad he didn't get the part. a. I don't like BSG and don't watch it, so it'd be a waste of a wonderful actor for me and b. well, he's in Doctor Who and Torchwood! Who knows, maybe we wouldn't've ebven had Torchwood if it weren't for him (and yeah, while Torchwood can definitely be better, I still rpefer Torchwood to no Torchwood )
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            John Barrowman as Apollo? Well, that would've been - different...
            No kidding, I can't quite wrap my head around it either. Verrrry glad he didn't get it though or we wouldn't have Captain Jack, well, not JB as Captain Jack anyway, and no one else could play it so well.

Comment

Maybe the other JB would have been Jack? I can't picture Jamie Bamber's Jack having so much fun in Doctor who, although oddly i can picture him in Torchwood.

Madeleine

Comment

Maybe he could have carried it off, prehaps Jamie would have made Jack English rather than American. I've heard Jamie Bamber play Sebastian in a radio production of Brideshead Revisited

Comment

OG says Alan Dale, Jim from 'Neighbours', is in an episode of Torchwood.

(Jim's daughter-in-law Charlene is in Doctor Who this Christmas. Anyone want Bouncer to be a friend for K9 in The Sarah Jane Adventures?)

Madeleine

Comment

the Aussie's are taking over, I liked Alan Dale in the second series of 24 when he played the Vice President, I couldn't take Jim Robinson from Neighbours being the second most powerful man on the planet seriously but he played a good part

Comment

Alan Dale also played Director Thomas Morrow in some eps of NCIS.

How cool would a Torchwood/NCIS story be?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                        OG says Alan Dale, Jim from 'Neighbours', is in an episode of Torchwood.
                        *swoon*

()

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Oooh, interesting press release from the BBC about series 2!

Minor spoiler warning

See, this is what voe about this production. They actually know how much is too spoilery and how much they can tell....
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Spoiler:
                            A "Rogue Time Agent", eh? That'll be the James Marsters character then.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ooooh baxck to spoiler conversatinos!
                              Spoiler:
                              I hope so. Tho he could be interesting as the memory thief, too. Ah, the endless possbiilities.
                              Oooh, and double hooray - Marsters' episode is the first - which means it's the RTD one! Yay!
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

"bolder than ever" Concerns me. This is RTD. So... what do we expect this time... Bisexual threesomes?

Sorry, I really have no issue with the slash in Torchwood, I actually think Ianto and Jack WORK. But it just went overboard, hell ALL the sex went overboard. Tosh and Mary REALLY irked me, and Gwynn and Owen got to me as well. Can't we just tone it down a bit PLEASE!?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X