Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, silly me... There's no Weevils in Glasgow- the feral children eat them all...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Children today..

TBH with the difference netweem Torchwood London and Torchwood Cardiff, I woudln't be surprised if Torchwood 4 disappeared after the Canary Wharf battle - it's so Jack to wait for it to appear again one day
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

We kind of figured Torchwood 4 (Dublin wasn't it?) vanished after being paid a visit by a certain Priest from Craggy Island - "Hey Ted! What does this button do?"
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Was Torchwood 2 the one that's just one old guy in Glasgow? Have I mentioned before my feeling (hope?) that the 'one old guy' might be a certain General Lethbridge-Stewart (retired).
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
            Was Torchwood 2 the one that's just one old guy in Glasgow? Have I mentioned before my feeling (hope?) that the 'one old guy' might be a certain General Lethbridge-Stewart (retired).
            I doubt it, it seems that at least to a certian point UNIT dind't know anything about Torchwood, and he seems to be more liekly to keep on working for UNIT than defecting (huh) to Torchwood
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Well, according to the dear ol' Wikipedia, Torchwood 2 (Glasgow) a "very strange man" works there.

Hmmm... "Very strange man"... Glasgow... Hmmm... Oh I know! It's Rab C. Nesbitt!
              Last edited by BruTak; 24 April 2007, 09:47 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                We kind of figured Torchwood 4 (Dublin wasn't it?) vanished after being paid a visit by a certain Priest from Craggy Island - "Hey Ted! What does this button do?"
                Is Torchwood 4 in Ireland? I had no idea. I knew about Glasgow and Cardiff, but I never did pick up on the location of the fourth asylum facility. *Dunce cap on*
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Honestly? I dunno.

I just kind of assumed that since Torchwood One was in London, Torchwood Two in Glasgow, Torchwood Three in Cardiff, that Torchwood Four would be in Ireland somewhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought I heard them say Belfast, but it may be that they didn't say anywhere and my imagination filled in a blank. Belfast does seem the obvious choice, given where the other three are. If not, then Dublin (given the date that Torchwood was founded) ... which raises the question of whether it was autonomous or another London-controlled place

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Honestly? I dunno.

I just kind of assumed that since Torchwood One was in London, Torchwood Two in Glasgow, Torchwood Three in Cardiff, that Torchwood Four would be in Ireland somewhere.
                      Torchwood is the last bastion of the British Empire; Belfast is probably more likely than Dublin.

That or they were sitting in New Delhi, refusing to accept reality (SOP for the organisation, really).
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        Torchwood is the last bastion of the British Empire; Belfast is probably more likely than Dublin.

That or they were sitting in New Delhi, refusing to accept reality (SOP for the organisation, really).
                        Torchwood Five - New Dehli? That'll be the IT department then? "Have you tried turning it off and on again, old fruity?"
                        sigpic

Comment

I spent last night and today watching the whole series. (it is not my worst couch potato moment, my worst was watching 3 series of Supernatural and then the whole series of Over There, that is about 43 episodes,- without sleep). I watched the whole series when they were 1st shown and ay least once more since.

I have some points:

Torchwood 4 according to Jack is "lost somewhere, it will turn up sometime"

Jack's wrist watch. He uses it for quite a lot of things, rather like todays mobile phones. I saw him using it as a locater and (looked like) a sonic screwdriver.

Jack used to be a time cop, also he spent time in the Tardis. Parts of The Rift Machine really resembled the Tardis. I think Jack must have designed it. Who else could do that? Unlikly it was a relic in a post victorian railway station. Therefore Jack must have been in Torchwood some considerable time, at least in the '90s.

Where do weevils get boiler suits? Perhaps they are a slave race from another planet who "escape" though the rift.

It did not look like Bilis died. I wonder if he will turn up again.

Did Toshiko improve her makeup somehow after Mary in Greeks Bearing Gifts. I looked back and it is hard to tell. Make up is a subtle thing, but she does look better in late eps.

Best place for a peeping tom with a telescope is opposite Owens flat, he has no curtains and bonks his conquests in full view.

Beautiful tho' the scene was when jack and jack kissed in 1941, I can't help feeling it would not just of caused amazed looks but a brawl.

As the series went on there was obvious high stress levels in the crew.(hell, that started in ep 1 with Suzie). In series 2 they really should have a shrink in the crew. Ianto should have some staff, even if it's just to feed the weevils. They do not need lines, just be in the background.(doubt they will have either, writers these days do not think of practicalities)

Overall I still love the series. superb character growth.

Comment

Hmmm... Loads of good points there.

Not sure if I like the idea of Ianto having a "staff" though. Too "Upstairs Downstairs" for my tastes, and I'm quite partial to the whole Ianto/Alfred Jack/Batman relationship.
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought the "time cop" thing was just a lie Jack told Rose to gain her trust. He was really a con man. I'm probably misremembering though.

Great points too. I'd forgotten a lot of that.

Comment

Another point I forgot from my previous post:

In Out of Time, within a day Torchwood, who we are always reminded are "beyond the law, blah blah" manage to get the time refugees new passports, identities and bank accounts.
                                Now getting a bank account opened in the UK without 2 ID of address (number 2 under the fountain, cardiff), a signed letter from your grandfather, a DNA sample and God knows what is impossible as many young people find out.
                                Passport, curiously easier.
                                Ok Torchwood can do all of that, noooo problem.

Why then cant they get the time refugee characters the driving licences and flying licences they want? The Department of Vehicle and Licencing Authority and the Civil Air Authority too much for them?

Mmm they are proberbly run by Vogons anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X