Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If after death there's nothing but, well, nothingness I don't know if I'd find that very comforting. If you retain some sort of awareness of yourself hanging about in the back for all eternity, completely and utterly alone... My life is lonely enough as it is without my afterlife being ten times worse.

Comment

I would have expected Owen to be more cut up over Gwen maybe dying but the way he kept spieling off how long she may have left made me really wonder if he can ever have any real feelings for anyone.
      I think we were supposed to think he was too shellshocked at the thought of losing her to react. Hence, Jack having to ask him twice if she was still alive and only getting a response from Owen when he snapped at him in officialese - "Report!".

Personally, I care so little about this pairing that I was barely watching those two. So it didn't really jar with me at all. <g>

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I think i know what the thing in the darkness is!

Its the chief dalek that changed dimenson in he last ep of Dr who (Doomsday). Mayby the doctor closed the rift early so that the dalek never made it and is stuck in limbo?

And its slowly breaking free back into the place where space time is weakest.

The rift!

Originally posted by farcue
        "You're the last man alive John"
        "What about tayla?"
        "Shes dead."
        "What about ronan?"
        "He's dead, they're all dead."
        "Not Carter?"
        "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
        "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

If Daleks appear in TORCHWOOD aswell as in BOTH new Who finales, I will be majorly annoyed...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            If Daleks appear in TORCHWOOD aswell as in BOTH new Who finales, I will be majorly annoyed...
            You and me both. No Daleks please! (We're British)

Seriously, sick to the teeth of Daleks, they are only one of many classic villains that they could use, why be so predictable

Meh, maybe RTD'll have enough sence not to use them again for a while.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
              Meh, maybe RTD'll have enough sence not to use them again for a while.
              RTD?

Sense?

Aha..........

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Wow, I actually enjoyed the first half of this episode. Best part of the series so far. But when it turned out that Susie had planned it all, it just seemed unbelievable, and went downhill from there.

And I do not want to know what they did with the stopwatch. I don't even want to think about it.

I'm surprised, looking at the IMDB entry for "The Shend" (who played Max), to see how much acting he has done. All I really knew about him was his music career, including a very strange band called The Very Things who had a song called "The Bushes Scream While My Daddy Prunes". Oh, and I wonder what they did with Max in the end? Or is he still there? Which reminds me...

Are we ever going to find out more about the Weevils??
                Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter View Post

And I do not want to know what they did with the stopwatch. I don't even want to think about it.
                  Awww now why would you not want that?

Originally posted by Catsitter View Post

Are we ever going to find out more about the Weevils??

And...

Spoiler:
                  Rumour has it - yes. Later on.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    If after death there's nothing but, well, nothingness I don't know if I'd find that very comforting. If you retain some sort of awareness of yourself hanging about in the back for all eternity, completely and utterly alone... My life is lonely enough as it is without my afterlife being ten times worse.
                    Which, I think, was the point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Being completely unrelgious for some reason i found that terrifying. The way she described it was just horrible. "The little things" Here. Now. She just made it out like everything was pointless. There's no hope... Which, if i'm honest, i did enjoy. I'm willing to wager we've all thought the same before but tried to convince outselves otherwise. It's so much more entertaining when TV makes you a bit uneasy. Well, for me anyway.

Btw, the discussion in this thread is pretty quality. I sat and read it all one lunchtime at Uni. Keep up the good work! *skuttles back into the darkness*

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I really enjoyed this one, my favourite of the series so far.

I have two ideas what the 'thing in the dark' could be, one of them could be kick-ass, the other nonsense.

It COULD be the dalek. My chum that I was watching the episode with suggested it and we decided that RTD couldn't possibly possibly have the Daleks being in Torchwood. It would just be such a cop out. I'm hoping we don't see the Dalek's in next year's Dr Who finale, though I wouldn't mind seeing them perhaps in a stand-alone or two-part episode.

The Other possiblity was that it could be our old friend from "The Satan Pit". If played right that could be a truely awesome finale, Satan (or whatever that super evil creature was) arriving on earth would rock my socks.
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Truely evil thought:

What if the thing in the dark, coming for Jack is
                          Spoiler:
                          the Doctor? After all, Susie didn't specifically say what was coming was evil. Just implied it wasn't human and it was in the dark. Which, I guess, could describe the vortex in time and space that the Doctor endlessly travels through. And we know - I think, didn't I hear we would? - that at some point Jack and the Doctor will meet again and have a confrontation about Jack being left for dead.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion View Post
                            Truely evil thought:

Spoiler:
                            the Doctor? After all, Susie didn't specifically say what was coming was evil. Just implied it wasn't human and it was in the dark. Which, I guess, could describe the vortex in time and space that the Doctor endlessly travels through. And we know - I think, didn't I hear we would? - that at some point Jack and the Doctor will meet again and have a confrontation about Jack being left for dead.

Albion
                            I don't' think so but I do think it is Doctor Who related I am thinking it has to do with the

spoilers Doctor Who series 1/27 2/28 3/29 LOL yeah all the new ones.
                            Spoiler:
                            The Face of Boa (sp?) Remember he tells the Doctor he is not alone in New Earth, and he is meant to re-appear according to rumours in 3/29, I know or am sure Jack is not a Time lord but he may now have something in common with them, maybe he can regenerate... I don't know I am just thinking out loud.

On the nothingness of it all, in Angel *yeah alright* Power play I think; he had his little epiphany and came to the same conclusion, his take on it was something like...if what we do doesn't matter then the only thing that matters is what we do... for nonsense it makes a lot of sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              I don't' think so but I do think it is Doctor Who related I am thinking it has to do with the

spoilers Doctor Who series 1/27 2/28 3/29 LOL yeah all the new ones.
                              Spoiler:
                              The Face of Boa (sp?) Remember he tells the Doctor he is not alone in New Earth, and he is meant to re-appear according to rumours in 3/29, I know or am sure Jack is not a Time lord but he may now have something in common with them, maybe he can regenerate... I don't know I am just thinking out loud.

On the nothingness of it all, in Angel *yeah alright* Power play I think; he had his little epiphany and came to the same conclusion, his take on it was something like...if what we do doesn't matter then the only thing that matters is what we do... for nonsense it makes a lot of sense to me.
                              Re: The spoiler in the above quote.

Spoiler:
                              I don't recall the Face of Boe saying anything to the Doctor like that. Are you sure? I do recall someone speculating that could be the Face of Boe's big secret, but if he'd said it in the show, that would have never come up as a speculation.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Albion View Post
                                Truely evil thought:

Spoiler:

Albion
                                Oooh, from your mouth to RTD's ears.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X