Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched last 2 episodes yesterday - wow !!!

OMG, I wasn´t breathing, moving, blinking just staring at the tv (close to tears too) !
    (poor Jack *sob* )
    do you think there will be another season ? (or two, three... )

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Well, given that the BBC auctioned off the Torchwood SUV (along with loads of other props and costumes), one wonders what's going to happen in Series 4 (when and if that happens).
      I don't believe that season 4 will involve Torchwood as we know it considering how Children of Earth ended.

Spoiler:
      Since everything was destroyed, it would be a clean start. Could be new cars, new base (internal anyway) and all that stuff, or they could be ignoring the idea of Torchwood and doing something less organised, so no team or anything like we're used to. Maybe more Dr. Who'ish

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I'm not holding out much hope for another series. Without Jack or Ianto it wouldn't be the same to me and I wouldn't really be pressed to watch it.

Also, RTD wants to have a 'Torchwood:USA' on one of the cable networks in the US and have JB still be Jack. I feel that it would fail as well since US audiences don't really watch science fiction on network tv. Plus you know that the American characters would just blow the entire operation up before lunch

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
          Honestly, I'm not holding out much hope for another series. Without Jack or Ianto it wouldn't be the same to me and I wouldn't really be pressed to watch it.
          I think that I'll give it a chance if JB comes back, but it's going to be a hard sell if he comes back to Cardiff and Gwen. Honestly, I mostly feel that the story of TW 3 is over and I have no real desire to see more of it. Let it rest.

Also, RTD wants to have a 'Torchwood:USA' on one of the cable networks in the US and have JB still be Jack. I feel that it would fail as well since US audiences don't really watch science fiction on network tv. Plus you know that the American characters would just blow the entire operation up before lunch
          And see, I'm torn on this. Jack, loveable horndog that he was, was no where to be found in CoE. No overt flirting, so sexy stories, no innuendo. If American TW gets CoE Jack I think he'll be a perfect fit for mainstream american television. And c'mon, give us some credit, we're far too lazy to blow things up before lunch. After lunch is a whole different story...
          Originally posted by Callista
          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
          Originally posted by HPMom
          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I have this image in my head of Jack and Midshipman Frame tearing around Cardiff in the SUV a lá Batman and Robin (the Adam West and Burt Ward version), while Ianto stayed at the Hub and was basically the "Alfred" figure.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              I have this image in my head of Jack and Midshipman Frame tearing around Cardiff in the SUV a lá Batman and Robin (the Adam West and Burt Ward version), while Ianto stayed at the Hub and was basically the "Alfred" figure.
              I'd say leave Jack at the Hub for a change.

Alonso/Ianto > Alonso/Jack.
              Basically Ianto > Everyone else. Except for Owen. Ianto and Owen > Everybody else.
              Last edited by Ashizuri; 09 March 2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

hi new to torchwood forum is this the best thread to chat in?

Comment

It's the best thread to chat in assuming you've watched all the episodes and the Children of Earth miniseries.

sigpic

Comment

yes just this past two weeks watched first epp to last! I watched 3 first epps about 8 mths ago and didnt like it then wanted to give it another go, It was adictive once I got into it and now im sad i did as there is no more! cant stop thinking about the show , im looking forward to going to supernova now.I also found out two people I jsut meet today here in australia lived next door to OWEN/Burn Gorman omg .Small world

Comment

Torchwood gets so good that I ended up crying in few of the epidsodes, I can say that cause I have seen them all. All i'm going to say is keep watching, as the series' went on Ianto and Tosh became my favourite's. And the ones that made me cry was 'Captain Jack Harkness, Exit Wounds and Children of Earth: Day Five' so very sad

Comment

Originally posted by wraith lover View Post
                        I also found out two people I jsut meet today here in australia lived next door to OWEN/Burn Gorman omg .Small world
                        Owen!!! I have a massive fan!crush on Burn Gorman. He's amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                          Owen!!! I have a massive fan!crush on Burn Gorman. He's amazing!
                          I met him per chance in December 2008. He celebrated the birthday of his father in the hotel we stayed during a short trip to London. While Burn lived elsewhere (he was playing in "Oliver" during that time) his whole family was in our hotel and they sat two table next to us during breakfast
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                            I met him per chance in December 2008. He celebrated the birthday of his father in the hotel we stayed during a short trip to London. While Burn lived elsewhere (he was playing in "Oliver" during that time) his whole family was in our hotel and they sat two table next to us during breakfast
                            You can't see it, but I'm making my "jealous" face. Lol. I really do think he was the best actor TW ever had. EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                              You can't see it, but I'm making my "jealous" face. Lol. I really do think he was the best actor TW ever had. EVER.
                              And he is a totally nice guy, really, really nice. We met him in front of the hotel without his family and could talk with him for a moment. We didn't make pictures because he was really tired (was a short night because of the party).
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

There already is a Torchwood:USA. It's called Fringe. They should just do a crossover between Fringe and Dr.Who/Torchwood - say that the alternate verse in Dr. Who is the same 'verse in Fringe and have Jack join the team with Walter, Peter & Olivia.
                                That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X