Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    OMG!
    Spoiler:
    I cant believe they killed Ianto!
    I know

Originally posted by valen_sinclair View Post
    I am stunned.....stunned, it's not often I am lost for words, but wow.
    Me too

Originally posted by Tykari View Post
    This is just getting better and better. Amazing story, amazing drama. Almost sad that tomorrow will be the last episode already.
    why couldn't every episode be that good

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Funny, I said the same thing on another forum, although I do think we're in for a Deus Ex Machina tomorrow
    yeah i think so too, but i wouldn't mind
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      Wow, awesome,

Spoiler:
      I love how they always say how dangerous Torchwood is and main characters actually die in it!!!! Unlike most american tv shows

Spoiler:
      and I was thinking when Gwen said that she would get Lois a job that Lois would just do the same thing as Ianto.......
      I'm actually thinking Reese will get his job......he was cooking the beans afterall.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Spoiler:
        i dont think Ianto is coming back tomorrow because RTD has already got a replacement for ianto with lois habiba taking his pa position but i really hope this is not true because Iantos a legend, but i thought toshiko was a legend and that did not stop her from dieing.

save stargate atlantis

Comment

Spoiler:
          Yes he dose! past of me is expecting a cameo from the doctor, but the rest of me is hoping that it dosent happen. I say that becasue the teaser for day 5, specifically Gwen's lines and leaving a video record reminds me Martha and her part in "Last of the Time Lords", but thats just me
          I'd just laugh if they killed off everyone on earth and the Doctor turns up a few months later. I can just picture the scene......

*Doctor emerges from the TARDIS to see everyone in the world dead*
          Doctor: "Wh...Wha....what!?"
          *Jack approaches looking perfectly fine*
          Jack: "Yeeeeeah.........I screwed up.........."
          Doctor: "WHAT!?"
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            I'd just laugh if they killed off everyone on earth and the Doctor turns up a few months later. I can just picture the scene......

*Doctor emerges from the TARDIS to see everyone in the world dead*
            Doctor: "Wh...Wha....what!?"
            *Jack approaches looking perfectly fine*
            Jack: "Yeeeeeah.........I screwed up.........."
            Doctor: "WHAT!?"
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

HMFS!

Spoiler:

1. OK, that's that question answered. Flu virus threat. 'Please' don't tell me the 456 are responsible for swine flu!

2. Very nice plays from Torchwood though.

3. Is Johnson now an ally?

4. RIP IANTO!

5. In the teaser for part 5, Frobisher has a point. Torchwood is now the Jack and Gwen show.

Some serious class!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                HMFS!

Spoiler:

1. OK, that's that question answered. Flu virus threat. 'Please' don't tell me the 456 are responsible for swine flu!

2. Very nice plays from Torchwood though.

3. Is Johnson now an ally?

4. RIP IANTO!

5. In the teaser for part 5, Frobisher has a point. Torchwood is now the Jack and Gwen show.

Some serious class!
                Spoiler:
                i loved the bit when he asked Lois

"You and who's army?"
                "TORCHWOOD"

and point 5 makes me think ianto will hopefully only be dead, not dead dead.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                  Be careful what you wish for.
                  I know not many on here will agree, but I'm not particularly bothered about Ianto dying; he was never my favourite character. And of course he could still be brought back tomorrow, but I did mean to mention that line he said to Jack yesterday about, "So you'll see me die of old age" - I thought at the time, not much chance of that!

What was Gwen doing in there looking at the bodies at the end? Would she not be likely to catch the virus?

As for the rest of the plot, if the UK Government really are serious about complying with the 456's demand, which I don't believe they would do and certainly not so quickly, shouldn't they be mostly concentrating on getting other countries to do the same, especially the countries with the highest populations?
                  Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

That was one emotional roller coaster ride. I'm stunned! Brilliant ep.

Spoiler:

Loved the political discussions on how they would chose the children.
                    So cold, nasty, and spot on!! The repercussions will be horrendous. Can't wait to see how all this going to play out in tomorrows ep.

Poor Ianto. I can't see him being brought back to life unfortunately. Just a feeling.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      that if Lois dosent die tomorrow.
                      Spoiler:
                      I dont think so, shes generally being a good characters, not to mention torchwood is down to 2 people now........ I think we will see Lois taking over from Ianto
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                        Wow, awesome,

Spoiler:
                        I love how they always say how dangerous Torchwood is and main characters actually die in it!!!! Unlike most american tv shows
                        Spoiler:
                        I completely agree with you. This episode just blew me out of the water, and it is because of the risks the writers took to show that we don't always automatically win. Too often, shows are married to the formula of 1) introduce threat, 2) have heroes come up with a solution that just might work, 3) it works. After a while it's just not realistic. The feeling that this episode gave me was comparable to the beginning of SG-1 season 9 when the Orii seemed invincible, or specifically the episode Ethon.

That being said (that I love that the good guys got hurt and that it looks hopeless), it does make Jack seem sort of senseless. I understand that people want to fight on principles, but going in blind, without any way to combat them or even detect their ship, without the hub, just wasn't a great idea. You've got to come to the table with cards. This time, they tried to wing it and it just didn't work. No one wants to sacrifice human life, but it seemed like the only practical option as of the end of Day 4.

Comment

all i can say is stunned and speechless after tonight
                          sigpic

Comment

HMV shipped the COE DVDs early and some people got to see the final two episodes before they were aired and, of course, some people deliberately spoiled others by posting spoilers in thread titles over on imdb.com

Comment

The ratings for day on was 5.9 million in the U.K. so this may be good for a new season.

http://gallifreyanembassy.org/vortex/?q=node/373
                              Last edited by leeman15251; 09 July 2009, 09:44 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Still digesting the latest episode. You know, at one horrified point, I actually started to wonder if
                                Spoiler:
                                the 456 was the Face of Boe. Big box full of smoke? Soft, deep voice? But the representative didn't seem to know anything about Jack, so unless there's another mindwipe in his future- which I doubt- I'm quite happy to have that paranoid fear put to rest.

As for Ianto... part of me still stubbornly hopes that he'll get through this somehow (wasn't Jack able to bring people back to life at some point in S1?) but the rest of me is slowly trying to come to terms with the fact that my favorite character is gone. *sigh*

The 456 are not... logical. The first time they show up they ask for 12 kids... and then accept 11 with no quibbles? Makes it seem like the number isn't important. But then they come back and demand a significantly higher number of kids and will- one assumes- not allow any skimping. Why 12 (or 11) at the start? Just a tiny test group or what? And why so many more the next time around? To add them to the entire 456 population?

The poisoning of the building seemed like a questionable tactic as well. It isn't very showy, for starters. And while, yes, technically it's a way of getting rid of a nuisance (or would be if Jack wasn't a fixed point)... I dunno, I just think it'd be more effective to leave the nuisance alive to witness the consequences of his resistance. Which I suppose technically works since Jack IS still alive, but the 456 didn't know that would happen. Did they? Although of course trying to crush hope usually results in the target becoming extremely angry. In Jack's case that should be fun to watch.

I just feel that there is a lot that doesn't add up about the 456 and I can't decide if it's because there's going to be some big twist in the finale or because it's shoddy storytelling or if it's just me and I'm being ridiculous about the whole thing. LOL!

I love the story so far, even if it means losing Ianto (), and it has certainly kept me guessing. Can't wait to see how it all turns out tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X