Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory for Fragments:

Spoiler:
    Now as we all know (Well apart from those who haven't seen the episode yet) and we've all moaned (Apart from...etc.) the team all get caught in an explosion and no-one gets hurt except for a dislocated shoulders, fractured wrist...Owen comes out without a single scratch.

Hence, the big moan occurred...but I have a theory.

Hart's bombs...(He himself being up for everything big but not without a motive)...I don't think the true intentions of these explosives were to...well...blow things up.

*Ducks the exasperated shouts of fellow posters*

Yes, the building collapsed, yes there were flames...but no-one got burnt. So, could it be assumed that the bombs created a shockwave to tear down the buildings and the flames were an after effect caused by the shock - to create the impression of an explosion, no suspicion and all that??? Or caused by a damaged gas main (Who knows??? I'm no good with anything...built)

That way the team get caught by the falling masonry but are not killed by the explosion.

What do you think??? *Ducks away from the tomatoes*

Comment

I have a few questions about 'From out of the Rain';

Spoiler:
      How does Ianto know about the psychiatric hospital?

and couldn't they of burned the film the Night Travelers were first on to get rid of them instead of filming them again and exposing said film?

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

Spoiler:

and couldn't they of burned the film the Night Travelers were first on to get rid of them instead of filming them again and exposing said film?

Spoiler:
        First question: From one of the nurses in the hoapital.

They could have burnt the film, but that would leave the Night Travelers alive as it were. In order to stop them they had to put them back where they came from, on film. Then to expose the undelevolped film to the light to burn/kill them in this reality.

They also might have/had to do it with other copies of flims still out there with the Night travelers that still exist.

I hope this makes sense.

Comment

Spoiler:
          My guess about the first question:

Spoiler:
          I figured either he knew someone who'd been in there or he'd been in it himself, possibly after Lisa got cyberized.

That was one of the things that bugged me about the show, though- they had bits like that which didn't seem to lead anywhere. I kept waiting for there to be some more info about how Ianto knew... and nothing came of it. Very disappointing, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            My guess about the first question:

Spoiler:
            I figured either he knew someone who'd been in there or he'd been in it himself, possibly after Lisa got cyberized.
            Spoiler:
            he could of been in there after Canary Wharf as well (I wouldn't blame him). From the look Jack gave him he didn't know as well.

Comment

Which actually begs the question,
              Spoiler:
              how, exactly, did Ianto get the cyberised Lisa out of the ruins of Torchwood One, into Cardiff, and install her in the basement of the Hub without anyone (Jack for example) noticing and wondering what the hell he was up to?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

what a good ep that was on friday

i loved the bit with the glass and owen

Spoiler:
                made me think about the speculation that owen was the face of boe... but then when the glass fell, it his so if he'd have stayed still he wouldn't have even been hit
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Which actually begs the question,
                  Spoiler:
                  how, exactly, did Ianto get the cyberised Lisa out of the ruins of Torchwood One, into Cardiff, and install her in the basement of the Hub without anyone (Jack for example) noticing and wondering what the hell he was up to?
                  Easy
                  Spoiler:
                  The rest of the team were too wrapped up in themselves to notice, Jack brooding over the Doctor and Rose, Gwen wrapped up in discovering what Torchwood was all about, Suzie was obssessed with the Glove, Owen was wondering where the next shag was coming from and Tosh had her computers and all that alien tech, Ianto could have built a space ship down there and no-one would have noticed. In series one, the beginning part anyway, no-one paid any attention to Ianto anyway, which he probably encouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    Easy
                    Spoiler:
                    The rest of the team were too wrapped up in themselves to notice, Jack brooding over the Doctor and Rose, Gwen wrapped up in discovering what Torchwood was all about, Suzie was obssessed with the Glove, Owen was wondering where the next shag was coming from and Tosh had her computers and all that alien tech, Ianto could have built a space ship down there and no-one would have noticed. In series one, the beginning part anyway, no-one paid any attention to Ianto anyway, which he probably encouraged.
                    Very true. Or he could of
                    Spoiler:
                    had her shipped in a very big crate marked 'Archive files' and no one would want to take a look. Who would want to go through a bunch of dusty files and artifacts? (Besides Ianto of course )

Comment

Spoiler:

It depends on what he means by knows... knows of it or knows someone who was committed or whatever. *shrugs* Ianto is local, so knowing of it is not strange even knowing someone who was committed is hardly odd.

Leaving it totally unanswered is a bit odd. Having re-watched this ep last night, I still don't think it is very good. Imho it is the worst in the series full stop.

Also was Eve ill during this? Gwen seems very 'off' in the ep (no jokes please) and the line she has in the hospital is just phoned in... she seemed to want to be out of there quick smart. I mention her being ill as in one of the dclassifieds she did seem to be all rugged up and looking a little worse for wear.

Comment

For me the worst episode was "Dead Man Walking" , actually the whole Owen trilogy was a complete mess. I can't wait for the finale this weekend. Oh boy, oh boy....and also BSG and Who. That is complete overkill.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                          Well not everyone. The Master had already lost his marbles from age eight onward so he doesn't count but you are right it seems a lot of them go a bit crazy when they do -probably because it is simply too much for our little brains to manage. Quite frankly. Can you REALLY imagine how large our universe is? We know that it is incredibly, freaky large but what if we were forced to REALLY get a grip on how large it is. I think it would drive anyone nuts.

I don't suppose you ever heard series 2 of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"? (UK radio comedy SF series) There was something called the Total Perspective Vortex which was supposed to do just that - although when Zaphod Beeblebrox was put into it, it just made him realise what a great guy he was.

Out of the Rain made no sense to me at all and didn't really seem to be a Torchwood episode, and Adrift seemed very contrived though I suppose there were some good emotional moments. I didn't understand why they didn't retcon Ruth Jones's character either - if they had asked her whether she would like to take a magic pill to make her forget, I bet she would have agreed to it. And I couldn't help thinking that if they could have put the patients into a proper psychiatric hospital with all modern facilities and expertise, they could have made them (well, Jonah, anyway) much happier. Did they try tranquillisers, sedatives, other drugs, ECT, brain surgery?
                          Plus I don't buy the idea that they can't find a way to predict the negative Rift spikes or even try to think of one - if Tosh didn't know about this whole thing before, then surely she would start working on trying to find a way when she did find out about it? And wouldn't Jack have told her about it ages ago so she could work on trying to find a solution? Since he of all people knows how awful it is when somebody close to you goes missing.

Oh, and officer Andy still fancies Gwen after she has been with Rhys all these years - so she really was wrong about all that "nobody else would have me" stuff. And a policeman would find it much easier to put up with her working life intruding into their home life than Rhys does.
                          Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter View Post
                            Oh, and officer Andy still fancies Gwen after she has been with Rhys all these years - so she really was wrong about all that "nobody else would have me" stuff. And a policeman would find it much easier to put up with her working life intruding into their home life than Rhys does.
                            Well that was aimed at Jack, as in Jack why don't you want me! Now I have to marry Mr Boring of Wales....Whaaa!! It had nothing to do with no one else wanting her in a general sense.

I just hope should we get a series 3 that Russell dumps the crush thing ASAP it is getting on my nerves now, see with Owen and Tosh is makes a weird kind of sense and neither is attached to anyone else so crushing is not so bad but with Gwen and Jack... well not only was she shagging Owen in series one but now she has married Mr Boring so really she made her fraking bed...if they keep going on about it in this way it will be as bad as the Martha!Doctor crush in Doctor Who.

I remember I like Gwen.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Ianto would want to tidy everything up.

Tosh would want to know how it works, but not understand a word of what the Doctor says.

Owen would try and chat up Donna (without much success).

Gwen's jaw would be on the floor with the whole "Bigger on the inside that it is on the outside" bit.

And Jack would just be grinning that grin of his.
                              I wanna see a fanfiction of this! Someone has to write one up!

So what are you guys hoping for the series finale, "Exit wounds"? I'm hoping something big and emotional will happen between jack and Ianto! I have a very bad feel that either someone is gonna get killed off are TPTB will leave us hanging like they did at the end of series 1!
                              sigpic

Comment

Kady, I'm hoping they will press the reset button on Owen (well, physically, anyway) in the last episode. Sorry to say I wouldn't really mind if they killed any of them off.

Fragments - not really an episode, now, was it? And all the backstories seemed to be "bolted on" - shame they didn't think them up before the first series started and then drop hints along the way. Can anybody explain why Gwen and Rhys didn't call in the emergency services? Did I miss something? (Very likely, since I was watching the family friendly episode, though I think we will have to record tonight's and watch that early tomorrow as my son will want to see it before DW.)

I for one am very glad that Jack didn't run into any of the 20th century incarnations of the Doctor - certainly wouldn't want to see him flirting with either of the Bakers or Sylvester McCoy! (Nor with Jon Pertwee, for that matter, but no chance of that since he is dead, well, unless they did some messing about inserting Jack into some old footage like they did in that episode of Star Trek DS9.)
                                Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Working...
                                X