Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Speculation thread (Spoilers for New Doctor Who)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Happy_Gate
    I don't want to start a new thread to ask this, but I was wondering...is Captain Jack bisexual?
    I think we can safely say that he is.

Comment

I don't want to start a new thread to ask this, but I was wondering...is Captain Jack bisexual?
      More omnisexual. The Doctor clearly implies that a human from Jack's time would have little or no prejudices on grounds of gender or species.

I don't know about the series itself, but the Torchood reference in Tooth and Claw was horribly laboured. I hope they can be more subtle in future.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

No, why would you ask that?

Spoiler:

OK so "Tooth & Claw" sets up Torchwood as a little sinister. I hope so anyway. I am not sure I like the idea that Capt Jack might not have any memory of The Doctor, either from his past or his future though. I want banter and stuff, eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          More omnisexual. The Doctor clearly implies that a human from Jack's time would have little or no prejudices on grounds of gender or species.
          thanks, must have missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
            I've suggested it many times before that I think Torchwood is set during the two year gap in Jack's memorys. Mainly due to the fact we are not told how Jack gets back from the future plus it would allow us to see a much darker Jack than we all know and love.
            Apparently not, I've heard that it isnt set before he met the 9th Doctor, and I have also read that he comes across Torchwood when he arrives in Cardiff, he goes there because of the rift, knowing that it is the most likely place for the Doctor to arrive in at some point or another. Its a possibility, but I think we will find out about the Captains past in S3/29 and beyond.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

thanks, must have missed that.
              "So many species, so little time."
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

"Thats.... what we do? When we get out there? We...."

"Dance!"

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Barrowman
                  I'm trying to find the Doctor. Because there is something that the viewing public won't know yet, there's something about Jack that nobody knows. And he needs the Doctor.
                  Heres the rest

Any thoughts?
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

It will be something to do with eitherhow Jack makes it back or to do with his 2 missing years of his life.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I was thinking we could use this thread to talk about the new Torchwood series. Keeping all the thoughts in one place, and if there ever is a sub-forum made at a later stage it can always be chucked in. But for now I wanted to discuss some things about Torchwood, and thought I might aswell make a place. Couldn't find one already.

I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully it will be quite a dark series, maybe with some of Jack's humor helping it, he did have a good wit.

I'm thinking it will take place in the alt universe? That may explain why Torchwood has to deal with events and problems, and why the Doctor isn't around to help.

Perhaps Billie would guest star as a member visiting Cardiff from the London HQ? What do you think the stories will be like? I understand they will be more detective-like, but I wonder how they will incorporate that with aliens and odd goings on without making it too similar to DW.

Anyway I can't wait, when does it start again? And what's everyone elses thoughts, too soon for a spinoff? BBC3=doom?

Comment

No to the alt universe. Jack is in OUR universe.

I just hope it's not as lame as the Torchwood in the last two eps of Doctor Who S28 were...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The name is cool at least. And the idea itself has promised. I'm hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                            No to the alt universe. Jack is in OUR universe.

I just hope it's not as lame as the Torchwood in the last two eps of Doctor Who S28 were...

Testify!!!
                            My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                            Build a Dalek
                            Build a TARDIS
                            Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                            The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

So, i get the feeling that Jack's issues have something to do with his revival, wonder how that will pan out. Anyway, I get the feeling that this is a totally different Torchwood to the one in London, from what we have heard and seen it just seems darker IMO.

Comment

We have one of these already guys http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=21655&page=2

Comment

Working...
                                X