Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Speculation thread (Spoilers for New Doctor Who)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starts filming next month, so probably about October, maybe earlier
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
      More naked Capt Jack?
      You're in for a treat. Yes. Treat.

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      As for the confidential, it was on on sunday, dunno if it will repeat though
      I've seen it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        Hey Ptah you forgot a bou7t their Big honking spacegun
        Also known as the Death Star.

Comment

might have been posted before, but here's a link to a promo shot of Capt Jack and Gwen Cooper.

cj&gc
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

OMG! I don't care if the show is rubbish I'll just look at the pretty. Although this means he won't be wearing his uniform.

Comment

Looks like if the Doctor ever comes up against Torchwood he's gonna have problems, should be entertaining, too bad theres no crossovers in S1 and S2/28, but there is always the 2nd Christmas special
              Spoiler:
              and rumer has it a certain Captain is appearing in that special
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

MASSIVE SPOILERS for Tooth and Claw:

Spoiler:
                In Tooth and Claw, having seen that there are enemies beyond planet Earth, Queen Victoria founds the Torchwood institute (after Torchwood house, in memory of a scientist and his grandson who's names I can't remember) to combat alien and supernatural threats. She also threatens that if the Doctor ever returns, Torchwood will be waiting for him.

They have existed since then, aquiring, researching and developing alien technology and handling extraterrestrial threats to Great Britain and the Earth.
                Last edited by Wraith Scientist; 22 April 2006, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Wraith Scientist, could you put spoiler tags around those paragraphs please? Thanks.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                    MASSIVE SPOILERS for Tooth and Claw:

Spoiler:
                    In Tooth and Claw, having seen that there are enemies beyond planet Earth, Queen Victoria founds the Torchwood institute (after Torchwood house, in memory of a scientist and his grandson who's names I can't remember) to combat alien and supernatural threats. She also threatens that if the Doctor ever returns, Torchwood will be waiting for him.

They have existed since then, aquiring, researching and developing alien technology and handling extraterrestrial threats to Great Britain and the Earth.
                    Well spotted, you should use tags by the way, spoiler space is a pain in the arse. Any how, I thought the origins were well explained, and Im pretty impressed, cant wait for the series to start now

Watch the latest Tardiose guys, looks like Torchwood
                    Spoiler:
                    not only observe but hide information on aliens, why do I get the feeling that they arent meant to do it? Kinda makes me think Cpt Jack did it to lead the Doctor there, but I think I migh be reading too much into it
                    Last edited by The Signal; 22 April 2006, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Done, it's in spoiler tags

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Watch the latest Tardiose guys, looks like Torchwood
                      Spoiler:
                      not only observe but hide information on aliens, why do I get the feeling that they arent meant to do it? Kinda makes me think Cpt Jack did it to lead the Doctor there, but I think I migh be reading too much into it
                      Mmm ... seen it. Interesting. Torchwood is everywhere!

They seem almost like UNIT to me, but might end up being allies or enemies. I could see them being a real pain in future for the Doctor

Comment

D'you think Jack might harbor any resentment towards the Doctor for leaving him stranded on the Bad Wolf station, or do you think he's more interested in just hooking up with him again (however you want to interpret that)? Or maybe he's having fun with Torchwood and is happy where he is?

Have we figured out how- or even if- the gap in Jack's memory figures in to any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          D'you think Jack might harbor any resentment towards the Doctor for leaving him stranded on the Bad Wolf station, or do you think he's more interested in just hooking up with him again (however you want to interpret that)? Or maybe he's having fun with Torchwood and is happy where he is?

Have we figured out how- or even if- the gap in Jack's memory figures in to any of this?
                          I've suggested it many times before that I think Torchwood is set during the two year gap in Jack's memorys. Mainly due to the fact we are not told how Jack gets back from the future plus it would allow us to see a much darker Jack than we all know and love.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                            I've suggested it many times before that I think Torchwood is set during the two year gap in Jack's memorys. Mainly due to the fact we are not told how Jack gets back from the future plus it would allow us to see a much darker Jack than we all know and love.
                            I was leaning towards that, and given what Torchwood is up to, it'd make sense that at the end of it they'd wipe his memory, but a two year gap is an awfully small timeframe for a series, unless there's a whole lotta time travel involved. And if he's tripping through time, he wouldn't really need the Doctor, would he?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              I was leaning towards that, and given what Torchwood is up to, it'd make sense that at the end of it they'd wipe his memory, but a two year gap is an awfully small timeframe for a series, unless there's a whole lotta time travel involved. And if he's tripping through time, he wouldn't really need the Doctor, would he?
                              Torchwood has absolutely no time travel what so ever as far as Im aware. I dont think Torchwood is intended to be an Atlantis style spin off, I think its a spin off intended to tell a story vital to the main storyline and will end after its accomplished this.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I don't want to start a new thread to ask this, but I was wondering...is Captain Jack bisexual?

Comment

Working...
                                X