No announcement yet.

John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They showed 'Bad Wolf' and 'The Parting of Ways' this afternoon. I had to record them 'cause I had family over but I can't wait to watch them again.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      It's a toss up between Blink and Utopia as to the best episode of series 3
      I actually didn't like Blink at all. I think it's because The Doctor was hardly in it. I prefer episodes where he's getting stuck in saving the day, not standing on the sidelines and letting someone else do it.

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
      They showed 'Bad Wolf' and 'The Parting of Ways' this afternoon. I had to record them 'cause I had family over but I can't wait to watch them again.
      I have them on DVD but for some reason I don't like watching those two.
      Spoiler:
      I think it's because The Doctor changes and Rose freaks out and Jack 'dies'. I know he comes back to life but he gets left behind and it always makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
        I actually didn't like Blink at all. I think it's because The Doctor was hardly in it. I prefer episodes where he's getting stuck in saving the day, not standing on the sidelines and letting someone else do it.
        I don't usually like Doctor Lite episodes but this was really creepy and I like those, like Empty Child/Doctor Dances

I have them on DVD but for some reason I don't like watching those two.
        Spoiler:
        I think it's because The Doctor changes and Rose freaks out and Jack 'dies'. I know he comes back to life but he gets left behind and it always makes me sad.
        I must say they aren't my favorites either, I like them better than the S2 ending, that was too sappy for words

Comment

I must say they aren't my favorites either, I like them better than the S2 ending, that was too sappy for words
          It always has me in tears

I liked it but it's sad that it was a definitive end to the Rose character. I really liked Rose.

Comment

I did when she was with Dr 9, but...I dunno she got a bit annyoing towards the end of series 2, I can't put my finger on why but she definitly annoyed me

Comment

I did when she was with Dr 9, but...I dunno she got a bit annyoing towards the end of series 2, I can't put my finger on why but she definitly annoyed me
              Because he was smitten?

Comment

Spoiler:
                truth be told I only recorded 'Bad Wolf' for nekkid!Jack and 'Parting of Ways' for gun!Jack.
                what I want to know is why they left him behind. that was kinda mean in my book.

I never really liked Rose either...don't really know why, just didn't.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  truth be told I only recorded 'Bad Wolf' for nekkid!Jack and 'Parting of Ways' for gun!Jack.
                  what I want to know is why they left him behind. that was kinda mean in my book.
                  At first, I thought
                  Spoiler:
                  it was because they didn't know he was alive, seeing as Rose couldn't really remember being the Bad Wolf, but in season 3 the Doctor tells Jack that it was because he was a bit scared of him. Jack is a fixed point in time, he's a constant fixture in the universe now, and that spooked the Doctor a bit, so he left Jack behind. Which I thought was very mean.

Comment

At first, I thought
                    Spoiler:
                    it was because they didn't know he was alive, seeing as Rose couldn't really remember being the Bad Wolf, but in season 3 the Doctor tells Jack that it was because he was a bit scared of him. Jack is a fixed point in time, he's a constant fixture in the universe now, and that spooked the Doctor a bit, so he left Jack behind. Which I thought was very mean.
                    Spoiler:
                    it wasn't just the dr who was scared, when jack latched onto it at the beginning of Utopia the TARDIS freaked and flew to the end of the universe. it would have been much worse if jack got back into the ship when the dr was regenerating while being transported to the end of the universe.
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Because he was smitten?
                      Possibly, remember I'm a lot older than the rest of you so I've watched more Classic Who where there was no shippy nonsense, apart from Harry and Sarah-Jane and maybe Dr 4 and Leela, but I always thought that the shippy nonsense was to appease the American audience, at least there'll be none of it in Series 4 with Donna

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        it wasn't just the dr who was scared, when jack latched onto it at the beginning of Utopia the TARDIS freaked and flew to the end of the universe. it would have been much worse if jack got back into the ship when the dr was regenerating while being transported to the end of the universe.
                        Maybe, but
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack didn't know that he was immortal at that point. Just that he'd been brought back to life, so he'd think that getting sucked through the time vortex would probably kill him.

Possibly, remember I'm a lot older than the rest of you so I've watched more Classic Who where there was no shippy nonsense, apart from Harry and Sarah-Jane and maybe Dr 4 and Leela, but I always thought that the shippy nonsense was to appease the American audience, at least there'll be none of it in Series 4 with Donna
                        I seriously hope there is no 10/Donna shippiness. I can't stand her. Although they have good chemistry, I watched the Comic Relief special they did and that was hilarious.

David Tennant was Catherine's (in the form of that annoying schoolgirl) English teacher, and she made a huge fuss of the fact that a Scottish person teaches Scottish, not English, then she asked if he was 'the Doctor' and he said no (whilst keeping a straight face ) and then, just when she was getting to her most annoying stage, she recited about 10 paragraphs of poetry from memory, turned to look at him and yelled "Bite me, alien boy!" David paused, blinked, reached into his pocket for his sonic screwdriver and zapped her into oblivion

Comment

Maybe, but
                          Spoiler:
                          Jack didn't know that he was immortal at that point. Just that he'd been brought back to life, so he'd think that getting sucked through the time vortex would probably kill him.

I seriously hope there is no 10/Donna shippiness. I can't stand her. Although they have good chemistry, I watched the Comic Relief special they did and that was hilarious.

David Tennant was Catherine's (in the form of that annoying schoolgirl) English teacher, and she made a huge fuss of the fact that a Scottish person teaches Scottish, not English, then she asked if he was 'the Doctor' and he said no (whilst keeping a straight face ) and then, just when she was getting to her most annoying stage, she recited about 10 paragraphs of poetry from memory, turned to look at him and yelled "Bite me, alien boy!" David paused, blinked, reached into his pocket for his sonic screwdriver and zapped her into oblivion

yeh i agree
                          Spoiler:
                          from jacks point of view he thought the dr and rose left him behind. but the dr and rose knew he was alive, from the canon of that 'children in need' special, coz rose asks if they should go back and get jack, and dr tells her he's busy rebuilding the the earth

donna has the possibility to get really annoying really fast, but i guess she was mostly pi$$ed off in Runaway Bride coz she had no clue what was going on, and she just wanted to go back to her wedding. does anyone know how she finds the dr again, or he finds her? coz i guess she's gotta be more open to things now if she's gonna be travelling with him willingly.
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            yeh i agree
                            Spoiler:
                            from jacks point of view he thought the dr and rose left him behind. but the dr and rose knew he was alive, from the canon of that 'children in need' special, coz rose asks if they should go back and get jack, and dr tells her he's busy rebuilding the the earth

donna has the possibility to get really annoying really fast, but i guess she was mostly pi$$ed off in Runaway Bride coz she had no clue what was going on, and she just wanted to go back to her wedding. does anyone know how she finds the dr again, or he finds her? coz i guess she's gotta be more open to things now if she's gonna be travelling with him willingly.
                            According to what I've heard
                            Spoiler:
                            Donna goes looking for the Doctor when Earth is invaded by aliens again

Comment

According to what I've heard
                              Spoiler:
                              Donna goes looking for the Doctor when Earth is invaded by aliens again
                              lol ah ok
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*

Comment

S'ok

Comment

Working...
                                X