X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one you've got there is ok

Comment

*runs into thread squeeing*

OMGOMGOMGOMG GARETH DAVID-LLOYD KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs out of thread squeeing, crashes into wall*

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      We want the full lowdown when you get back
      I will return later with the full story and some pics! *squees some more*

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      i've snurched some jack and/or TW icons from various places, lj in particular, but they're all too big to use here. is there anyway i can minimise the size and still keep the quality? some of these are pretty good
      Hehe, nice avatar

Comment

-ruffles hair-

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

OT Collectormania presents! Excuse me being in all the pics, I haven't uploaded the others yet.

Spoiler:

Me and Kenny Baker (aka R2D2 from Star Wars) - this was a complete honour, I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 6. He's great! And he was right next to Gareth (you can just see his face on the right of the picture) so every time Gareth was busy doing autos I chatted to Kenny

Me and Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan) from Harry Potter. This guy was such a sweetie. I'd blown my budget on Gareth so couldn't afford a signed picture, but I asked him for a photo so he jumped right over the desk just to stand next to me for the picture! His talk was funny too, he thinks Emma Watson (Hermione) is gorgeous.

And now... *drum roll* GARETH!

The first time Gareth got that close to me. I almost passed out

My photo ops, possibly the nicest pictures of me in existence. Oh look, Gareth is in them!

My goodbye hug before he left Someone remind me to go to the gym more...

I'll post the link to a more complete report and more pics later

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
            *runs into thread squeeing*

OMGOMGOMGOMG GARETH DAVID-LLOYD KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs out of thread squeeing, crashes into wall*

I will return later with the full story and some pics! *squees some more*

Hehe, nice avatar
            Not a lot to say to that apart from, you lucky cow you

Kenny Baker looks like he's a total sweetheart

Comment

Not a lot to say to that apart from, you lucky cow you

Kenny Baker looks like he's a total sweetheart
              Kenny Baker was nice, although he was also rather flatulent... He managed to weedle out of his talk, too I overheard him telling Gareth and one of the stewards why.

"They always ask me the same bloody questions: 'was it hot in the robot?' Yes it was hot, we were in the middle of the f****** desert!"

Last edited by firefly827347; 27 August 2007, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I suppose it can get kinda boring,

Comment

I suppose it can get kinda boring,
                  About 12 people (including me ) asked Gareth when the new series of Torchwood is starting. He said it finishes filming in November and airs in January. When asked when in January (again, me ) he said "in the middle somewhere" and grinned at me, at which point someone came over with a defibrillator to revive me

Spoilers for S2 straight from Gareth

Spoiler:
                  He also said that Ianto and Jack's relationship "develops" next series (but he refused to say anymore ) and that he got on well with James Marsters and Freema Agyeman - she's in 3 eps so far and he's in the first and last. He has a suspicion that JM will be invited back to be a recurring character because he was so good. Apparently the stopwatch makes a return () and is helpful in the first episode (the steward told me to ask about the stopwatch while Gareth was on a break ) and Ianto is more than just the 'tea-boy' in the next season, and they also get to use guns more. The Weevils feature more in S2 and we get to see their bodies too rather than just their heads. (My response being "oh no, Jack doesn't..." which made Gareth laugh (), screw up his face and say "God no!") Gareth wouldn't tell me anything about the new aliens that would be featuring ("I'm not allowed." *pouts* ) but that there will be lots. Yay! Gareth also hinted during the talk that Ianto would maybe, perhaps start a new relationship (me and Jen, a girl I met there, both muttered "Martha" under our breath at that point ) and apparently Martha "gets on well" with everyone. Jack supposedly falls off a building too.

One girl came up to Gareth and stated "you're not Welsh!" He looked a bit stunned for a minute and replied, in as broad a Welsh accent as he could muster, "yes I am, I live in Cardiff!"
                  "Oh." She replied. "You sound English."
                  "I'm more Welsh in Torchwood." He said, trying not to laugh. (Dunno how you can be 'more Welsh'... )
                  I piped up "watch out, if you stay here too long you'll end up being Glasweigan." (My failed attempt at wit for the day ) His response was "actually, I rather like a Scottish accent." Then the person with the defibrillator came back. I have a Scottish accent

I, of course, asked him what it was like working with John.
                  "Unpredictable!" He replied grinning. Then we had a conversation about The Friday Night Project which he thought was brilliant, and after that I casually asked if John was a good kisser (had to ask. Couldn't *not* ask ). That caused him to splutter a bit and look completely embarassed, then he said "to be honest, I didn't pay any attention. I zoned out a bit and just got on with it!"
                  Last edited by firefly827347; 26 August 2007, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Hehe, nice avatar
                    You don't mind? i was gonna send a PM asking, but figured i wouldn't have it for long if you said no. I was gonna put 'made by firefly' in my sig, too, but i forgot. me bad

anyhoo *squee* those piccys are so cool! congratulations babe, so lucky. thanks for the spoilers

lol the defribulators
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and he sounds like he's a really great guy, I'm really jealous

Comment

You don't mind? i was gonna send a PM asking, but figured i wouldn't have it for long if you said no. I was gonna put 'made by firefly' in my sig, too, but i forgot. me bad

anyhoo *squee* those piccys are so cool! congratulations babe, so lucky. thanks for the spoilers

lol the defribulators
                        No, I don't mind at all! It's nice to see them being used rather than just sitting on my hard drive

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and he sounds like he's a really great guy, I'm really jealous
                        I had an amazing time. He even did his Ianto coffee rap on stage! It's on the dvd extras (I hadn't seen it) and he didn't know it was on there, John apparently put it on! When he realised people had seen it he asked where and when they told him, he looked horrified
                        All the pics are linked in my sig now.

Comment

No, I don't mind at all! It's nice to see them being used rather than just sitting on my hard drive

I had an amazing time. He even did his Ianto coffee rap on stage! It's on the dvd extras (I hadn't seen it) and he didn't know it was on there, John apparently put it on! When he realised people had seen it he asked where and when they told him, he looked horrified
                          All the pics are linked in my sig now.
                          ianto coffee rap??? ohhhh i. must. see.

oh, and thanks for letting me use your av *hugs*
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*

Comment

I'm going to have to search for that too I'll have more time for my Torchwood DVDs when my daughter goes back to school next week

Comment

ianto coffee rap??? ohhhh i. must. see.
                              Well we technically weren't supposed to film the talks, but I accidentally hit the 'record' button on the video setting on my camera when he did the rap I'll try and upload it for you somewhere. But please don't repost it anywhere or I'll get into trouble

Comment

Well we technically weren't supposed to film the talks, but I accidentally hit the 'record' button on the video setting on my camera when he did the rap I'll try and upload it for you somewhere. But please don't repost it anywhere or I'll get into trouble
                                squee *glomp hugs* so cool. i was actually thinking of looking at yt tomorrow if anyone had uploaded from the dvds, but live would be better

so far only the first five eps have been released on dvd out here, but the worst thing is with these disc-by-disc releases the TWD's are only little bits, not the whole things.
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*

Comment

Working...
                                X