No announcement yet.

John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John's new album "John Barrowman" due for release March 1st.

The complete track listing for the album is:
    When I Get My Name In Lights (from The Boy from Oz)
    One Night Only (from Dreamgirls)
    Copacabana (from Copacabana)
    I Won't Send Roses (from Mack and Mabel)
    Memory (from Cats)
    The Kid Inside (from Is There Life After High School?)
    My Eyes Adored You (from Jersey Boys)
    Don't Cry Out Loud (from The Boy From Oz)
    So Close (from "Enchanted") duet with Jodie Prenger
    Unusual Way (from Nine)
    You'll Never Walk Alone (from Carousel)
    The Winner Takes It All (from Mamma Mia!)
    Oh What A Night (from Jersey Boys)

from johnbarrowman.com
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
      can I come live with you? 'cause all I seem to get are frat boys (not that those are bad it's just they can be annoying after awhile)
      The more the merrier!! After being spoiled for so long I don't have a lot of patience for men who can't treat a lady right.

Originally posted by zuz View Post
      Copacabana (from Copacabana)]
      *Gasp*
      Her name was Lola...she was a dancer...

I LOVE that song. Don't mess this up JB. His covers are either amazing or complete crap and I still haven't forgiven him for his version of Right Here Waiting.
      Originally posted by Callista
      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
      Originally posted by HPMom
      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
        The more the merrier!! After being spoiled for so long I don't have a lot of patience for men who can't treat a lady right.

*Gasp*
        Her name was Lola...she was a dancer...

I LOVE that song. Don't mess this up JB. His covers are either amazing or complete crap and I still haven't forgiven him for his version of Right Here Waiting.
        She was a SHOWGIRL!! How the hell do i know that and i'm deaf?! hehe!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi all,
          Was just flicking through the channels and spotted a familiar army jacket swishing across the screen only for it to be revealed as this:

Just found a screencap from the remade series of Knight Rider to show you. In the episode 'Knight of the Living Dead' its Halloween and one of the regular characters (Billy) dresses up as Jack!
          Doesn't do JB justice though. lol.

A discussion on the episode can be found here-http://knightrideronline.com/forum/v...f=1046&t=12757
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
            She was a SHOWGIRL!! How the hell do i know that and i'm deaf?! hehe!
            D'oh.

Comment

Apparently RTD and co are trying to get a US-version of Torchwood on FOX. According to the article JB will most likely still play Captain Jack if the station orders a pilot.

here's the article

Anyone else think that this is going to be bad?

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Apparently RTD and co are trying to get a US-version of Torchwood on FOX. According to the article JB will most likely still play Captain Jack if the station orders a pilot.

here's the article

Anyone else think that this is going to be bad?
                Oh dear, god!! I have a bad feeling about this!!
                sigpic

Comment

me too! they're going to make Jack a womanizer which takes all of his personality out the window. Plus I think that RTD fails to realize that American audiences don't like to watch sci-fi on network TV and you can't have Torchwood without Doctor Who and the majority of people who watch it will have NO idea what the entire series is about.

That being said I might watch just to see the train wreak and see RTD's ginormous ego deflate when it gets cancelled

Comment

me too! they're going to make Jack a womanizer which takes all of his personality out the window. Plus I think that RTD fails to realize that American audiences don't like to watch sci-fi on network TV and you can't have Torchwood without Doctor Who and the majority of people who watch it will have NO idea what the entire series is about.
                    I saw this rumor on another site today and started thinking about how many ways this could go drastically wrong. The Jack-as-womanizer issue didn't occur to me... but you're right. I could see that happening. I'd be afraid that they would try to make Jack into a stereotypical American action hero and ignore all the aspects of his character that I found so interesting.

That being said I might watch just to see the train wreak and see RTD's ginormous ego deflate when it gets cancelled
                    I always love watching train wreaks!

I'm not sure I believe this idea will ever get that far, however. I suspect someone will realize what a horrible idea this is and stop it from happening. But maybe that's just because of my personal opinion about RTD's writing abilities. I don't personally think he can pull this off in a way that American audiences will respond to. I suspect most viewers will just write off "Torchwood: USA" as yet another two-bit cheesy paranormal/SFF show.
                    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

.. and you can't have Torchwood without Doctor Who .
                      Well, there was only a mention of the Doctor in CoE and it did extremely well, ratings wise. I imagine TW could carry on without the Doctor, I mean, he was never actually on TW and I can easily picture the moment in EoT being the last Jack cares to see of him. After the Doctor's no show in CoE I'd say that relationship is pretty much dead.

I'll bring the popcorn!

One of my main fears is that, as much as I love the Barrowman, he is not a great actor. He needs strong actors (like B.Gorman, N.Mori, and GDL) around him to make him step up his game. I feel like E.Myles is the same, they need a high caliber actor to balance themselves against and if they don't get it they just end up looking ametuer and I'd hate for American audiences to be introduced to a Barrowman not at the top of his game.

America is so backwards sometimes that his flashy personality and good-looks wont win him as many fans as it does in other places, particularly in the testosterone-fest that is most American sci-fi. It's feels like a make it or break it moment, and I just hope he can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                        I always love watching train wreaks!

I'm not sure I believe this idea will ever get that far, however. I suspect someone will realize what a horrible idea this is and stop it from happening. But maybe that's just because of my personal opinion about RTD's writing abilities. I don't personally think he can pull this off in a way that American audiences will respond to. I suspect most viewers will just write off "Torchwood: USA" as yet another two-bit cheesy paranormal/SFF show.
                        I hope that it does get stopped before getting to a pilot because I agree with you and FOX doesn't do well with high-concept shows

on some other news; do we have any more news on the Captain America movie?

Comment

From JB's yahoo group"

"Word from Gavin (John's manager) is that he's been told a Torchwood script has been written for Fox, but it is too early to comment on any further details. There is no confirmation at this stage, and that includes the question of whether Fox will take up the script, or whether John might be involved."

Comment

on some other news; do we have any more news on the Captain America movie?
                            I thought that was just a rumour?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                              I thought that was just a rumour?
                              I know that Marvel decided to finance it after Iron Man was so successful, but I hear they're staying relatively close to the comic book and in the comics when he is first given the super-soldier serum he is in his mid- to late-twenties. And honestly, to stay true to the character being a representation of all the young men who fought in WWII I think the character does need to be a fairly young man trying to join up for "the cause."

But JB would probably look amazing in spandex, so they should give him the role anyway.
                              Last edited by Ashizuri; 20 January 2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                                I know that Marvel decided to finance it after Iron Man was so successful, but I hear they're staying relatively close to the comic book and in the comics when he is first given the super-soldier serum he is in his mid- to late-twenties. And honestly, to stay true to the character being a representation of all the young men who fought in WWII I think the character does need to be a fairly young man trying to join up for "the cause."

But JB would probably look amazing in spandex, so they should give him the role anyway.

and yes it was a rumor, JB said something at ComicCon a few years ago (I think) and I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering where it was in terms of production. And I thought that we could all stop worrying over something that has the potential to be utterly hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X