No announcement yet.

John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but John Barrowman is on Twitter, I'm following hims and he hasn't said a lot but it is him, apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but John Barrowman is on Twitter, I'm following hims and he hasn't said a lot but it is him, apparently

I'd thought he didn't have one? Who knew.

Comment

seems like everyone has Twitter...which is why I don't

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

no offense, but how do you know its him?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
            no offense, but how do you know its him?
            You just know, who else would follow Andi Peters and Phillip Schofield. Stephen Fry is hilarious
            Last edited by Reefgirl; 25 February 2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

From www.johnbarrowman.com:

MySpace, Facebook, Bebo and other sites

Please note that neither John nor his partner, Scott, have a personal MySpace, Facebook, Bebo or ANY other social networking site presence. With his busy schedule, John simply doesn't have time to talk directly with his fans online, as much as he would like to.

Anyone actually claiming to be John online is not John, regardless of any "proof" they might offer. If you come across anyone pretending to be John, please copy the conversation, alert the respective site (e.g. Facebook, Bebo, Myspace etc) and email the webmaster of John's official site ([email protected]).

www.johnbarrowman.com is John's official site. Other sites and pages run by fans, while appreciated in their support for John, are not endorsed by him.
              And specificaly on the Twitter page:

Passing this on as George said to spread the word about it. If you are following this Twitter (http://twitter.com/JohnBarrowman), it is not John.

Message from George [webmaster at www.johnbarrowman.com]:
              This is not John and as its been stated before John NOR Scott have ANY other website/ page of ANY kind other then JohnBarrowman.com.

JohnBarrowman.com is the ONLY online presence that John has.

This person is an imposter and yes, I've notified John's mgt, but please spread the word.
              "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Ah well

Comment

Ah well
                  I'm sorry, Reefgirl.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

What have you got to be sorry about?

Comment

What have you got to be sorry about?
                      I guess I'd be upset or angry to find out that the LJ (facebook or any other page) I follow is run by an impostor. I just don't like being lied to.

If you don't mind, all the better for you.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

True, somebody's lying, either JB's management or whoever is on Twitter or both, reading Stephen Fry's twitterings are an education and boy does he twitter

Comment

I have found a rather funny review of s1 and s2 at Salam Cinema Blog.

The author points out how incompetent and "useless at their job" Torchwood staff really are. The only one who shows some (low ) level of competence according to the source is Jack [*lolz*] so I decided to post a few snippets here. It's biased, it mocks the show but it's fun.

Spoiler:
                          Now, on to the fun part. One of my qualms about the show is that this branch of Torchwood staff really is useless at their job. Most of the threats to other people, the city, or the world seem to somehow be because of Torchwood’s incompetence. This doesn’t mean that the show knows this. Not at all, I’m almost sure that the writers and the producers probably didn’t even notice it themselves. I’m going to through each episode to show this. This part is only really useful to anyone that has actually SEEN “Torchwood”.

Season 1, Episode 1: Everything Changes: The killings were because of Suzie, Torchwood staff. She was stopped, but if Torchwood didn’t exist, those dead people would be alive.

Season 1, Episode 2: Day One: Gwen throws a tool at Owen and it hits the alien artifact, releasing an alien gas that enters a woman, and kills people. Gwen is generally the one that always fu**s things over, and she is apparently the heart of the team.[AMEN TO THAT. ] Bonus incompetence, they catch the alien, and she escapes somehow because of Owen. Good job, team.

Season 1, Episode 3: Ghost Machine: They do a fairly okay job here. I mean, one person dies because of them, but maybe that is okay because the old man had raped and killed a girl decades earlier. Although, it is not like they planned to kill him, they did it by mistake.

Season 1, Episode 4: Cyberwoman: Ianto is hiding a cyberwoman in the Torchwood secret cave. Part of the cyberwoman used to be Ianto’s girlfriend, so he is keeping her alive, but cyberwoman are supposed to be a great threat to mankind, and they were responsible for killing the previous team. But Ianto still does it, the cyberwoman kills two people, and is finally stopped in spite of Ianto whining and crying. If she had escaped, it was possible she could have far more dangerous, but luckily she didn’t, no thanks to Ianto. Even though they nearly caused a major catastrophe, Ianto does not get fired, which is frankly a big problem with Torchwood’s not having a HR team. This proves that even secret alien-fighting organizations need a HR team. [But, but... we love Ianto *pouts*] Sure, Jack might be an immortal, but he does not have a hiring and firing Torchwood policy, which might have been more useful.

Season 1, Episode 5: Small Worlds: They didn’t fu*k things up here, but that’s the best you could say about them here. The best they did in this episode was they didn’t fu*k things up, because if they didn’t exist, the ending would have been exactly the same way. And even that is thanks to Jack. He allowed creepy fairies to take a small girl in exchange for the world not being destroyed. Good choice, but the other Torchwood members give Jack the cold shoulder because they think he did an immoral act. Seriously, Jack, fire them, these guys can’t see the bigger picture.

Season 1, Episode 6: Countrycide: A cannibal village is stopped by Torchwood. That is good. Although, again, only Jack stopped them. The rest of the group got themselves captured and nearly killed, but at the last moment Jack comes to their rescue, fu*king shoots everyone, and case closed. Did Jack just want them to be on his team because he wants to make out with them? Because they hardly seem to be of any use.

Season 1, Episode 7: Greeks Bearing Gifts: Tosh makes out with an alien girl, falls in love, secretly sneaks her into Torchwood, and is thankfully stopped by Jack, because she was using Tosh all along.

Season 1, Episode 8: They Keep Killing Suzie: People die because of Suzie, ex-Torchwood staff (she is dead, but she had planned it in advance). They resurrect her to help solve the case, and then she tells Gwen a sad story about wanting to meet her father, so Gwen secretly sneaks her out. Suzie kills father and nearly kills Gwen, but is rescued by…you guessed it, Jack. All is forgiven though, because Gwen is the heart of the team.

Season 1, Episode 9: Random Shoes: No Torchwood related deaths here, but I think that is because there was no possibility of threat. They solve a mystery, and that is mainly due to the ghost of a dead person helping Gwen a bit. And the ghost helps Gwen from being getting hit by a car.

Season 1, Episode 10: Out of Time: Again, no threat here. Three people from the 50s accidentally enter a time rift and come to the present, and Torchwood takes care of them to settle in. Maybe they should just make Torchwood a sort of support group? Because they really are better at hugs than fighting bad guys.

Season 1, Episode 11: Combat: This is an episode like the movie Fight Club. They capture Weevils and fight them, Owen nearly dies (due to his own stupidity), but the team saves him. On the surface, it seems the team did a decent job here, stopping an underground fight ring. But then again, the group was capturing Weevils, and that is a plus, isn’t it?

Season 1, Episode 12: Captain Jack Harkness: Jack and Tosh get stuck in a different time, and Owen helps them by doing something that he is not supposed to do, and that is messing with the time rift. The consequences of his disobedience and incompetence will be shown in the next episode.

Season 1, Episode 13: End of Days: Something is going wrong in the city, and the rest of the team want to fully open the rift. Jack is telling them not to do it, they don’t listen, start a mutiny, Owen shoots Jack, and they open the rift. A big demon comes out, almost destroys the world, and is stopped by Jack. Torchwood almost caused death and destruction, almost the end of the world, the staff not only refuses to listen to their leader but also shoots him, and it ends with Jack hugging them.

end of part 1
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Salam Cinema Blog on TW - part 2

Spoiler:
                            Season 2, Episode 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: Jack’s ex-lover fools everyone into helping him even though Jack knows he is a liar and tells everyone he is a liar. They still help him, and the only reason nothing bad happens to them is because the ex-lover was fooled himself by another character (not Torchwood staff, they aren’t that smart). Gwen still nearly dies though.

Season 2, Episode 2: Sleeper: No complaints from me here. Torchwood does save the city from aliens. Finally, some they are of some use. Although, the alien does say that they can’t be stopped and the others are already here. They never bring this plot up again, so as far as I know, the aliens are continuing their plans, and Torchwood just forgot.

Season 2, Episode 3: To the Last Man: No ****ups here either, but to be honest, I didn’t really fully understand the conflicts that was represented

Season 2, Episode 4: Meat: A group has captured a big alien and they are cutting into it and selling the meat illegally. The alien is alive and keeps growing (very creepy and sad!). Torchwood stops this and kills the alien (because they can’t help it, so they put it out of its misery). Not entirely bad, but not really that useful either. They didn’t really help the alien and free, unlimited meat does seem to be good for humanity.

Season 2, Episode 5: Adam: An alien inserts false memories into the Torchwood staff, and only Jack figures it out and stops it. No threat to anyone aside from the staff’s memories.

Season 2, Episode 6: Reset: Torchwood stops a scientific facility that is experimenting with aliens on humans. That is good. But stopping the scientific facility is not necessarily that okay in my book, because the research was important in my opinion (curing all diseases!).

Season 2, Episode 7: Dead Man Walking: People die because of the team bringing some kind of death figure to the world. They stop it but not after it killing several people.

Season 2, Episode 8: A Day in the Death: Torchwood doesn’t **** anything up, but because there was nothing to **** up. No threats here. Owen DOES talk a woman out of suicide, which brings me back to how these guys are good at hugs.

Season 2, Episode 9: Something Borrowed: Gwen has an alien baby in her stomach, and it’s her wedding day. Jack tells her it is dangerous, but to Gwen her wedding day is more important than that so she goes anyway. A person at the wedding dies, the creature is stopped, and the wedding continues. No biggie.

Season 2, Episode 10: From Out of the Rain: Jack saves the day.

Season 2, Episode 11: Adrift: Gwen whines, ****s things up, but no one dies, so that is good. [I kinda like this summary ] But then, no one’s life was really at threat.

Season 2, Episode 12: Fragments: A few back stories, but mainly it is a two-parter so…

Season 2, Episode 13: Exit Wounds: Kind of Jack’s fault. If no Jack, then no Grey, and that would mean no threat to the city.

And in case you are wondering, the author likes the show ... he really does.

As you can see, Torchwood is not really a beneficial organization to the city. All my mockery aside, the series is fun. The first few episodes were weak, but the latter half of Season 1 is good. Season 2 is much better, and a few weak episodes in the middle, but the final two episodes were fantastic.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

that was hilarious!! thanks for sharing zuz!
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                                that was hilarious!! thanks for sharing zuz!
                                You're welcome, Lilith. Some of the summaries are really hilarious plus the author makes some valid points ... (esp about Gwen and then the part about hugs is spot on)

Because there's never enough of THE PRETTY...

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X