John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    hmm you make some very good points. they could, really, just slip into their roles coz martha is a doctor and mickey is great with computers and stuff and has the field experience. i just hope that they don't make the show too kiddly
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

i dont think they'll cut out the violence and innuendo... they might cut back on the swearing a bit, but it's not like there was that much to begin with... after all, what made Torchwood so great was the adult feel, so i don't think they'll be too quick to scrap it... i think that's the real reason they're doing a five hours this year instead of the full 13... they're just trying to get a feel of how much they should/can dial it down without loosing all of their audience....
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
        i think that's the real reason they're doing a five hours this year instead of the full 13... they're just trying to get a feel of how much they should/can dial it down without loosing all of their audience....
        I heard it was because of the budget but you never know.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

I've been having troubles with my Internet connection for some time now. This is actually first time in two weeks I managed to log in from my home PC. I'm not sure how long it will last so let's make the most of now.

Here are some vid recs:

Prelude to Grey by piffo. Song: Prelude by AFI. Summary: "A dramatic study of the self-destructive relationship between Grey and Jack." Spoilers up to Exit Wounds. There are few videos about this particular relationship and this one's pretty good. Fast-paced and angsty.

Gravity by geekchick1013. Song: Gravity by Sara Bareilles. Spoilers up to Exit Wounds. Author's summary: "I've always sensed a little frustration with Jack on Ianto's part, that perhaps he wants more from their relationship that Jack is willing or able to give." Jack/Ianto, do I have to say more?... O.K. Clever use of voiceovers, perfect editing and very good choice of song. Bonus points for including deleted Janto scene from Meat. This vid is just beautiful.

Another Suitcase In Another Hall by cowboyhd. Song: Another Suitcase In Another Hall by Madonna (from Evita). Clips from Doctor Who (season 1 and 3) and Torchwood (up to Exit Wounds). Summary: "Jack's journey from Doctor Who to Torchwood." I never would have believed that this song would fit Jack's life story that well.

P.S.: I've come across some new spoilers for season 3 of TW. If you're interested you can check them out here.
          Last edited by zuz; 13 July 2008, 05:42 AM.
          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
            and on another note... I made a vid, it's sort of a tribute vid for tosh and owen and jack for some degree.. I'm not sure there is a label to it. Just go and watch if you like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmOkDnLWhXw
            After I didn't dare it fore some time and my vacation I finally saw Exit Wounds today and after that your vid.

So sad John Barrowman was great!! And John Masters was great as well.

I really liked your vid, but I now need to watch something lighthearted
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              After I didn't dare it fore some time and my vacation I finally saw Exit Wounds today and after that your vid.

So sad John Barrowman was great!! And John Masters was great as well.

I really liked your vid, but I now need to watch something lighthearted
              put THAT scene from adrift on a loop or the ianto bit from fragments those two always make me smile

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

^ i don't know how i missed your post about the vid before, but i saw it just then. well done, you made me feel much much sadder for ianto than i did when i actually saw Exit Wounds.
                "what?"
                *throat punch*

Comment

for anyone stateside who's interested, scifi is showing s1/27 of DW... and the empty child just started
                  sigpic

Comment

yup, I actually squee-ed when I saw that

my sister just gave me a look that said I belonged in a nice padded room, but I'm used to that look by now.

They showed 'End of the World' and I couldn't help but giggle when the Face of Boe showed up

Comment

i only started watching about halfway thru Father's Day... that's what i get for not checking the programming before i decide to clear thru my dvr recordings
                      sigpic

Comment

I only knew that 'cause I was up until 1am (cst) and wanted to see what mini-marathon they were running.

Comment

Came across a new (to me, anyway) pic of John from an article linked on Oh No They Didn't. (link goes to full article)

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

They showed 'End of the World' and I couldn't help but giggle when the Face of Boe showed up
                            haha i know, i do that all the time whenever i see him

"what?"
                            *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                              http://pics.livejournal.com/switch842/pic/00frh61z
                              *thud*

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                              haha i know, i do that all the time whenever i see him
                              you gotta love re-watching old episodes

Comment

oh i know! i was in the only store down here that sells DW dvds today and saw the s1 of DW dvds in a fancy boxset. it looked so cool i was gonna buy it then and there, but it costs $100

"what?"
                                *throat punch*

Comment

Working...
                                X