X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight I saw john barrowman in panto

he has a rather funny laugh even for someone on panto

+ he likes showing hes bum alot I mean alot :O
    Last edited by HAL; 17 January 2008, 02:33 PM.

Comment

You're so lucky! I really wanted to see it but I'm going to Pegasus 3 and I just couldn't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post

You are so lucky, HAL! I'd love to see John, too. Why can't he have a concert in the Czech Republic?!

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Wanna know what annoyed me tonight

my mother decides to wait to we get home to tell us we proberly couldve got backstage to her and her father knowing one of the actors in the show I mean how mean can you get :I

Comment

Wanna know what annoyed me tonight

my mother decides to wait to we get home to tell us we proberly couldve got backstage to her and her father knowing one of the actors in the show I mean how mean can you get :I
            Oy, she could have told you in time to actually do something about it. Meeting John in person would have been so cool. But then again you got to see him on stage, that's not bad either.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

John in Stars on Ice contest

I can't believe how young he looks in this photo (given it was taken 2 years ago, he was 38 then ).

EDIT: Yay for 5,000 posts.
              Last edited by zuz; 17 January 2008, 05:56 PM.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post

I can't believe how young he looks in this photo (given it was taken 2 years ago, he was 38 then ).

EDIT: Yay for 5,000 posts.
                Congrats zuz

Comment

wahoo, finally saw the ep. our boy sure did look mighty fine

Spoiler:
                  and it was a really good episode, too, but i still have a problem with gwen and her multiple personalities. i mean, she's engaged to rhys, but is all like "OMG Jack" when he finds out about the engagement and when she thinks she's about to die she doesn't say tell rhys i love him, she starts blabbing about jack. i was expecting ianto to punch her and say "stay away from my man"
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

hey guys, i started a jack/ianto thunk and pro discussion thread as i couldn't find one on gateworld and everyone on the ianto and the jack threads seems to like this pairing, so i thought i'd make one for everyone to go together.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50497

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

I will see him next Friday in the Panto *is excited*

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post

...expecting ianto to punch ... and say "stay away from my man"
                      oh that would have been something! *lol*

Spoiler:
                      and I loved Captain John's "help me obi wan kenobi, you're my last hope"
                      that totally cracked my up *lol*

and did I mention the hot kisses??!

I've seen that episode four times now *lol*

and congrats for 5000 posts zuz!

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                      Visit me at my LJ

Comment

you should enjoy yourself alot phibi its a awesome show and he does well in it {along with the rather good side actors}

Comment

i've already gone thru two screenings of KKBB wonderful ep but
                          Spoiler:
                          i felt that there was somethig missing from JB's performance, like he just couldn't get into character... the more i watch it, the more i feel like that... esp when he's talking to gwen...

did anyoe else get that impression? tho his interaction with John was dead on!
                          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                            i've already gone thru two screenings of KKBB wonderful ep but
                            Spoiler:
                            i felt that there was somethig missing from JB's performance, like he just couldn't get into character... the more i watch it, the more i feel like that... esp when he's talking to gwen...

did anyoe else get that impression? tho his interaction with John was dead on!
                            You know, I've watched it several times now... okay more than several, and I've watched that particular Jack/Gwen scene about 10 times. Here's my take, and be forewarned that if you ship only J/I you may not like it:

Spoiler:
                            I don't think there's anything wrong with JB's performance. I loved the Jack/Gwen scene. I thought he played it really well. For the record, I like Jack with everyone, including Ianto. I loved the subtext in the office scene. And Jack's smile when Ianto said yes. I'm totally looking forward to watching their relationship unfold. Having made that clear...

It seems like the J/I fans are having problems with JB just because of that scene with Gwen. Jack is a little off through the whole episode because he's having trouble fitting back in with the team (it's not that JB is off). They're mad at him. He's jealous that they're actually working like a team (something he never managed to make work sometimes) and he needs to be needed. This whole episode takes place in less than a day. The day he comes back. He's spent a year tied up on the Valiant. With nothing to do but think. He's worked through his Doctor issues (more or less), and wants to go back to work... he's come back for his team (but also for himself, as that's where he belongs), he's anxious to get on with things. But they don't welcome him with open arms. Gwen physically shoves him, and then tells him off.

The scenes with John so well, because Jack and John have history and they play well off each other.

The Jack/Gwen scene is probably the most intimate in the whole show. They're alone - he actually looked around to see if they were alone before he opens up - then he tells her a little about what happened to him. He's always opened up more to her than anyone else. He takes her arm in quite an intimate manner and tells her that what kept him fighting "was the thought of coming to you", and then he finds the ring. Now he realizes how life went on without him. She points that out by saying, "Rhys asked. While you were away." Then he backs away. He tries to cover by being happy for her. Gives her a sweet kiss on the cheek. It's played really well. I thought they were both fab in this scene. He's feeling put out, out of the loop, and yes, jealous.

I can see that this scene is not a good one if you only ship J/I. But Jack is Jack. He isn't into our 'quaint little categories'. He seems capable of loving more than one person at a time (The Doctor and Rose). I can see how J/I shippers would hate this scene as it's so intimate, but Gwen and Jack have had that since "Everything Changes" and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Jack is now headed for a full-on relationship with Ianto. So, I think that those shippers (which are about 99% of the fandom) should be happy about that. But, it will interesting to see if he starts to confide in Ianto like he does with Gwen, or if he'll continue just to talk to Gwen. If he doesn't open up to Ianto, then that relationship is doomed in the long term.

I really don't think that JB is off. It's Jack who's off because of circumstances.

Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

i can see your point... i think it was just that the facial expressions just seemed a bit extreme and i had no problem with the jakc/gwen scene, it was just his overall reaction to the team but specifically gwee, excluding that scene..... idk... i probably just need to watch it a few more times
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                Congrats zuz
                                Originally posted by phibi View Post
                                <lazy snip>

and congrats for 5000 posts zuz!
                                THANK YOU!

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post

Spoiler:
                                and it was a really good episode, too, but i still have a problem with gwen and her multiple personalities. i mean, she's engaged to rhys, but is all like "OMG Jack" when he finds out about the engagement and when she thinks she's about to die she doesn't say tell rhys i love him, she starts blabbing about jack. i was expecting ianto to punch her and say "stay away from my man"
                                I will rewatch the episode tomorrow (again). Am still a bit overexcited to comment.

So what's new?

Details on the new Torchwood magazine here. Cover and content of the first issue:
                                Spoiler:

"We delve deep into the Torchwood world with input from Russell T Davies and the production team, and look towards the future with sneak previews of forthcoming episodes from writers Helen Raynor, Catherine Tregenna and JC Wilsher."
                                "The first issue of Torchwood magazine features the first ever official Torchwood comic strip, written by Transformers legends Simon Furman, and drawn by SL Gallant (Marvel Adventures)."
                                "Our coverage of the spectacular series opener Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang kicks off with an on-set interview with Captains Jack and John. John Barrowman and James Marsters take time out from shooting on a Cardiff rooftop to talk to the official magazine about the Torchwood experience. Plus, Chris Chibnall (writer), Ashley Way (director), Tom Lucy (stunt coordinator), Ray Holman (costume designer), and Marie Jones (from visual effects company The Mill) are on hand to talk series two and reveal behind-the-scenes secrets."

and more

I have to admit I'm not exactly a mag type of guy (girl ). The only magazine I buy regularly is Cinema (I have all the issues for last 10 years). I love to read about new movies, helps me choose the right ones to see. As for the TW mag it most of all seems like an eyecandy, shiny piccies of da pretty to drool over. And that's not a bad thing.

Synopsis of ep 2 "Sleeper". SPOILERS!
                                Spoiler:
                                When a burglary turns into a slaughter, Torchwood suspect alien involvement. Who is Beth (Nikki Amuka-Bird, pictured centre) and can she be as innocent as she seems? When the investigation escalates into a city-wide assault, Captain Jack (John Barrowman, pictured right) realises that the whole planet is in danger.

source: BBC

Promo stills for this episode are available on the official site. (couple of thunkworthy pix of Jack included )

Sleeper Preview Vid here.
                                Sleeper Trailer Vid here.(Both are YouTube links. *winks at all non-UK ppl here*)
                                Last edited by zuz; 18 January 2008, 04:14 PM. Reason: to add the YouTube links ;)
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X