Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
    how's this for demure?

Even demure John can be fun to watch as phibi and rosey have proved above.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
      Even demure John can be fun to watch as phibi and rosey have proved above.
      and besides, a little subtlety never hurt anybody

"victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

You're right.

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

A little something of interest from Pink News.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-6478.html

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
            A little something of interest from Pink News.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-6478.html
            "'If it (being gay) has been a problem, no-one ever told me so. I know people who lie about being gay because they think it will affect their work chances. That is just sad,' [John Barrowman] told The Stage."

Somehow I find it difficult to believe especially after what he said about discrimination of gay actors in Hollywood last year:

spoilered for length
            Spoiler:

Question: "Right. Well, given what you know about Hollywood versus British television, do you think a character like Captain Jack would ever fly here?"

JB: "No, because they would never allow a gay man to play a hero. I firmly believe that. Because no actor who is playing a leading man would come out as saying he's gay. It's OK to be a secondary character in a show and be openly gay and play a character, but most gay, flouncy characters are played by gay men. ..."

JB: "I can't walk into a network and go, 'I want you to put me in a show where I'm a leading man,' you know, as a gay man," Barrowman said. "One of the things I remember they said to me when I did 'Central Park West' for CBS; they told me not to talk about my personal life. I found that insulting, particularly since the man who created the program was gay himself."

From another interview:

"How do you feel about actors that don't make it public that they're gay?
            I can understand why and I don't believe in outing people because I think there might be issues with the person they need to go through but I do believe if somebody lies about their sexuality for the sake of their career they're being detrimental to the rest of the people who are out there trying to make it a normality. I know quite a few people who try to cover it up and I think it's completely wrong."

In the last bit he actually says he dissaproves if gay actors try to cover up only because of their careers. But he also said many times that being openly gay does affect your career as an actor (and not in a good way esp in the U.S.)

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the link, LaCroix.
            Last edited by zuz; 07 January 2008, 09:31 AM.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Since we're tossing links click here for a very long article about John, his family and his relationship with Scott. Interesting read.

Source: Scotland On Sunday, published: 06 January 2008
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                These need no introduction. (spoiler warning)
                -Thud- can it be the 26th already?

Interesting read...and what he says is true (esp. over here)

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Apparently the BBC has already put up a desktop of the spoiler pic, however it's not viewable for non-UK-ers. This should be the link, I just can't, you know. See it.

Comment

Apparently the BBC has already put up a desktop of the spoiler pic, however it's not viewable for non-UK-ers. This should be the link, I just can't, you know. See it.
                    Don't worry, neither can I. But I loved that tag; who's Jack kissing now?

Comment

We need a noble British soul to post the piccies here. Anyone? Pretty please.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

We need a noble British soul to post the piccies here. Anyone? Pretty please.
                        with sugar and sprinkles?

Comment

Apparently there's a 4 minute teaser for the first episode of season 2 on the official website.

YouTube link here. Enjoy.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Apparently there's a 4 minute teaser for the first episode of season 2 on the official website.

Not really a spoiler. But just in case.
                            Spoiler:
                            "Did you miss me?"
                            Of course we missed you!

Thanks for the link! That was really good! (funny too!) There's already a something about that scene that was kinda missing last season. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Comment

Squee!! That was awesome. This season is gonna kick ass!!!

Comment

Promo picture of "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang!" guest star

Spoiler:

thanks to Freema's website
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X