No announcement yet.

John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people are going to LFCC? I so am! As soon as I heard that John was going I was like "I'm there!" I can't wait to meet him!

I'm also going to see Jack in the Beanstalk at Cardiff where he is performing. Should be great fun!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by shonac85
      I'm also going to see Jack in the Beanstalk at Cardiff where he is performing. Should be great fun!
      Oh no it isn't! Oh yes it is! It's behind you!
      Capn' Jack in Panto? Shome mishtake shurely?
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
        Oh no it isn't! Oh yes it is! It's behind you!
        Capn' Jack in Panto? Shome mishtake shurely?
        Oh Yes he is!

I can't wait. This was taken from johnbarrowman.com:
        "(Captain) JACK & THE BEANSTALK

From Saturday 16 December, 2006 to Saturday 27 January, 2007
        John will be once again performing in that classic holiday tradition of pantomime

At the New Theatre in Cardiff, Wales

To book your tickets online or for more information please visit the link below
        www.newtheatrecardiff.co.uk"

I'm such a kid, but I want to see John in tights!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

My 2nd favourite Jack pic:

*drools over jeans*

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I have a nasty habit of showing up late, now don't I? So this might be lengthy.

I've been a (rabid?) fan since TEC, so I came in later than some of ye who saw him before Who. Lucky brits and these extra shows!

I can't recall who said they saw him in many of his 'major' roles, but I'm insanely jealous of you. Not only for just seeing him preform, but the access to theatrical preformace. (Theatre is a passion of mine, ever since I saw "Camelot" when I was five. I wish SO badly I was near a district. Icky Maine. I might even give my pinkie fingers and toes to see "The Lion King"-- sorry to the person who dosen't like it, but it's been a HUGE inspiration for me. )

Captain Jack is just SO amusing! After seeing TEC I actually scholded my friend who's been a Whovian for YEARS for not telling me of him. (She aquired the first of the new seasons before Sci-Fi picked it up due to a kind person who sent thier recordings to her.) I adore the character to pieces. I'm currently trying to make backup plans incase a US station dosen't pick up Torchwood. (aka BEGGING a friend of mine on that side of the water to record it for me.)

Recall in Bad Wolf the make over show and one of the 'bots comments of placing a dog head on him? After exspressing my amusment with this thought,(amusement? mm hmm.. see sketch A) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...happiness2.jpg) a friend of mine is trying to teach her dog to look at his neck when 'Captain Jack' is said. (heaven forbid the poor thing be around if Pirates of the Carribean is playing!!)

Oh! and when I rented "The Producers" a few days ago (vaguely remembering JB having a part in it, thinking it would be too small to even recognize. Menu starts up, pard of Springtime plays, a loud squeal was heard x.x Yea. I'm horrid.) I took some 'caps. ^.^

BEWARE THE BLONDE! o.o it's slighlty scary!

I have more, but my dial-up is being mean. x.x

Before I leave ye, here's a question. What other roles (I know a book- that I've heard a lot about- has been mentioned) in various media or entertainment would you think JB would be awesome in?
            "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder
              Before I leave ye, here's a question. What other roles (I know a book- that I've heard a lot about- has been mentioned) in various media or entertainment would you think JB would be awesome in?
              Anything that he is in that uniform, minus the blonde hair!!!!!!! Love the uniform!!!!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Met the man himself yesterday. He's lovely .

He says that in torchwood
                Spoiler:
                he's darker than before, having been abandoned by the doctor he's got a bit of resentment, and he plays his cards closer to his chest than before. also, we get to find out what happened in those missing two years...

And totally shallow non-spoilery spoiler
                Spoiler:
                he says we see a lot more of Captain Jack. Including his bum.

Madeleine

Comment

*swoon*
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

He says that in torchwood
                    Spoiler:
                    he's darker than before, having been abandoned by the doctor he's got a bit of resentment, and he plays his cards closer to his chest than before. also, we get to find out what happened in those missing two years...

And totally shallow non-spoilery spoiler
                    Spoiler:
                    he says we see a lot more of Captain Jack. Including his bum.
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Well now! I thought I was gonna like Torchwood BEFORE. *L* Naw, seriously though. Hearing some more on it sounds fantastic. Dark= good in meh mind.
                      "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        *eyes glow green with jealousy*

I cant wait for Torchwood now, a more darker Jack sounds very interesting

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Funny you mention producers... my dad (Tim Metzger) worked on that one, and boy was I mad when I found out that John had been in it and Mel had changed the filming date!! I was going to go on set when they were shooting what they were shooting, Mel only knows.... but I COULD HAVE MET JOHN do you realize how annoying it is to have that type of thing happen to you?!?! at least I got to go on set... I even went on the pictured stage.... fight... enough whining....
                          Spoiler:
                          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                          I caught frogs and called them prince
                          And made myself a queen
                          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                          I slept in castles and fell in love
                          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                          To capture tinkerbell
                          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                          And anything I can to get by
                          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I've got a few icon-type-things

Okay... thats it? wow... I need to fix that...
                            Spoiler:
                            Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                            I caught frogs and called them prince
                            And made myself a queen
                            Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                            I slept in castles and fell in love
                            Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                            To capture tinkerbell
                            They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                            But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                            And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                            And anything I can to get by
                            And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Snarkage time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Snarkage time.

Lol! I've hugged that defabricator...I've also hugged that John Barrowman but he was wearing rather more clothes at the time.
                                sigpic
                                by Kaaatie

Comment

Working...
                                X