John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    it should... some of the gadjets he's used over the years are purely fictional
    I know, it's a shame. In the Bourne trilogy, Jason Bourne only ever used things that any member of the public could buy. It made it more real for me.

Comment

But then Bond has always set out to a little over the top, but saying that look at what's come out of Bond gadgets, the sky's are full of Little Nellie's here on a summer sunday. And the rocket packs, phones that become data pads and all those little devices that spy shops sell so you can bug the wife's handbag if you think she's having an affair, Jason Bourne will never be in the same league as Bond, besides who can take a spy called Jason seriously

Comment

Well his real name is David...
        What's wrong with the name Jason? I actually think "Jason Bourne" is an awesome name. Oh, look! The initials 'JB'. Just like James Bond and John Barrowman!

Notice how I smoothly got back on topic there?

Comment

lol... i just wrote an argumentive paper on how JB's rendition of Anything Goes slightly changes the connotation of the symbolism in the song.... it's purely an opinion essay filled with facts about the original production to fluff it out
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the name Jason, I had a lodger with the same name once, it's just not a name for a spy-cum-action man that's all IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              What book are you reading Medie?
              torchwood border princes by dan abnett from the looks of it, it was published in britian first. and there's 2 other torchwood books that i'm looking into getting. my local store has 1 but not the other. this one seems to be the most recent.

Spoiler:
              its just interesting that they have another character. and they also have gwen paired with him--as in sleeping with him. no explanation of where he came from either. and so far not much ianto.

Comment

Originally posted by Medie13 View Post
                torchwood border princes by dan abnett from the looks of it, it was published in britian first. and there's 2 other torchwood books that i'm looking into getting. my local store has 1 but not the other. this one seems to be the most recent.

Spoiler:
                its just interesting that they have another character. and they also have gwen paired with him--as in sleeping with him. no explanation of where he came from either. and so far not much ianto.
                hmmm that's very odd. i've never had that happen in a tv book before

Spoiler:
                maybe it's the name of JMs character?
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I'd recommend Another Life, it's a bit Owen Centric but the action's good, the audio version is read by John Barrowman

Comment

i haven't seen any TW books out here he don't have a lot of the merch out here, but lucky for the internet *hugs internet*
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        I'd recommend Another Life, it's a bit Owen Centric but the action's good, the audio version is read by John Barrowman
                        i'm going to get them all. i just have to place the one on order. i got the first one while i was in the city sunday--was looking for my last tanya huff book--turned around to say something to my mom and came face to face with torchwood. she was very glad she wasn't right there cuz apparently i squealed. i can't remember which one is in stock but i'll go over next week or this weekend and get the one they have and order the other. will also check another of our stores to see if they have it.

the nice part is i can check inventory from home!

Spoiler:
                        i dunno who james is but it seems silly to me to have him in the book and not in the series. he's engh so far. i'm not that far into it cuz i only really read at bedtime

you can try amazon.com--i found all 3 of them there the other day. i know amazon uk will ship to the states but not sure if amazon.com will ship outta the states. i'm also willing to buy them if you wanna send me the money for the books and shipping. i get 33% off the cover price at the moment. just pm me and let me know.

Comment

I've read Slow Decay and Another Life. I liked them both. Not bad for novels based on TV. Both are fairly well written. I haven't read Border Princes, but have the audio - I'll start listening to it tomorrow. I bought mine through http://www.chapters.indigo.ca - they ship faster within Canada than Amazon.ca. I heard three more novels are on the way in March, 2008. I also liked that they are in hardcover, for not a bad price.
                          Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                            lol... i just wrote an argumentive paper on how JB's rendition of Anything Goes slightly changes the connotation of the symbolism in the song.... it's purely an opinion essay filled with facts about the original production to fluff it out
                            So when and where can we read said paper? <grin>
                            Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

"what?"
                              *throat punch*

Comment

Are Border Princes and Slow Decay any good?

Comment

Working...
                                X