Judge, Jury, Executioner (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    I don´t make choices for others, I don´t force people to stop watching. It´s a opinion about the show I can express it if I like. On the other hand I have to watch the trend of over boarding violence content, not just in TWD, but in many shows and genres.
    Personal it takes the fun away of sitting down in front of the TV and relax, because you never know if you get to see a disgusting and gruel thing on maybe a otherwise good movie or TV show.
    Some shows do have gratuitous violence, and there may be a rise in people enjoying them. It is probably one of the reasons that MMA, especially UFC is such a huge hit now. Watching people actually beating each other up seems to have grown in popularity.

On the other hand, there are plenty of shows that are popular and do not have any violence in them. Just look at a show like Glee - very successful and it is a musical. Or in the crime and drama section all the CSIs, Criminal Minds, Law and Orders. Shows that have been popular for ages and have limited violence.

I think its just in the shows you choose to watch, there should be something for everyone. For instance, I am not surprised that watching a post-apocalyptic show about zombies and survivors has a lot of gore and violence in it. So when I chose to watch it, I knew what to expect. And apart from that, there is solid writing and character development as well. So I find the show a lot more appealing then Resident Evil movies, which are basically just characters running around killing the undead and nothing else.

Also, if you are looking for Hitchcock you're out of luck. The guy was a genius and those types of movies are difficult to replicate. If you want something horror with less gore check out the American Horror Story series. And in movies you have films like Paranormal Activity - very scary and no violence.

It´s heading towards the old "Gladiator games" direction again, if they can satisfy enough people with that.
    I would highly recommend you stay away from The Hunger Games movie as that involves teens and children killing each other in a "Gladiator style" battle.
    sigpic

Comment

I love American Horror Story, but even though it might have less gore, it's more disturbingly violent IMO. I would actually let my kids watch TWD, before I would ever let them watch American Horror Story.
      sigpic

Comment

So Dale is dead. The only person with any shred of humanity left has gone. Dale and Daryl are right, the group is broken. If this is how humans react to catastrophic events maybe we're better off being wiped out. How are they any different to the other group when they condone cold blooded murder.

I hope that if a catastrophic event ever really happened that we'd deal with it much better than this, but we're human and most humans have proven in the past that they take advantage of situations. Like during riots you'll always get others start looting and destroying property. Sometimes it makes me ashamed to be human.

As for Carl, well he's an idiot and he should grow up instead of acting like a spoilt brat. He's not the only one in that situation. His parents should be keeping a closer eye on him. But then what would you expect when his mother goes and gets herself pregnant and doesn't even know who the father is.
        sigpic

Comment

Just watched this episode tonight...

(taps at the keys without typing a thing... Mmm...)

So... Bit of a tribute to 12 Angry Men... I actually thought that during the "jury" scene Dale would 1 by 1 turn everyone around... But no...

It reminded me of the recent Survivors remake, in which a group of survivors, after a pandemic flu wiped out 99.5% of the population, lead by the former Minister of Education, shoots a looter at a public forum...

Yes, if we were faced with this kind of dilemma, in that kind of situation... I wouldn't want to be the outsider... I have no doubt at all, that the zombies would ultimately be the least of your worries... Civilisation has never been pretty. Even today, when we are presumably at our most civilised, we have justice systems that sentence people to death... we have acts of genocide and mass murder... we have men in power choosing to spend money on guns instead of food for their starving subjects...

The zombie genre always has this kind of problem - different groups of survivors fighting each other... What TWD has done which was quite interesting was to take it beyond the shoot-out between parties... I honestly was not sure what was going to happen when Rick put the gun to Randall's head. I hoped something would intervene... but when it didn't seem likely, I was just expecting Dale to get in his van and leave the group...

Certainly was thus not expecting what happened...

(On a side note... in the "next week on..." trailer at the end of the episode, I'm sure I hear Rick saying something like - "Everyone into the house, but x and Dale come with me"... ??? Anyone else see/hear that?)
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Working...
          X