Killer Within (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    I'm not for abortion so I thought last season Lori was trying to take the easy way out by considering doing away with the pregnancy because she couldn't bare the thought of the child growing up in that world. But in retrospect, now that we know she had a complicated birth with Carl, terminating the pregnancy back then might have been for the best. I know they thought they'd have Hershel in the best of circumstances, but is was still quite risky. The group and Carl needed her more than they needed a baby. Not a nice thought but considering the world they are living in tough choices have to be made.

Still don't think the baby is long for this world. Just can't see them incorporating one into the story for very long. Maybe while they are at the prison, but when they leave, that's another story.

Yeah, I think that was why he was as distraught about it as he was.

I'm thinking Carol is still alive somewhere in the prison and she'll turn up in the next ep. Though they could be really cruel and knock 3 people out in one ep.

I was rather hoping for Lori's death to follow the comic because I thought that was quite emotional and jarring in the comic, but I do find this interesting because it shakes up events in the timeline and changes Rick's state of mind and somewhat his reasoning for holding on to the prison. Not to mention the impact it will have upon Carl.

I don't think he's against it but may not just be in a rush to find them. From what Andrea has told them, maybe he doesn't see them as that valuable to seek out just yet...as in what could he possible take from them to justify the risk.
    I'm not for abortion either but yeah I mean especially with her knowing that she most likely would have to have a C-section ...the likelihood of her being able to survive that in their circumstances would be very slim. But I guess they wanted the hope.... the baby represented hope for the future for them.

But yeah I'm with you... I think having this infant around is just going to get annoying...that someone is always going to have to be toting it around...it will be crying and then they will have to worry about formula...which Hershel is already talking about for the next episode....it wouldn't have been so bad if Lori hadn't died and she could've breastfed...but now to have to find food and then it will have an immature immune system so it may likely catch every disease out there...becuase I'm sure they don't have access to vaccines either

As for the Governor not really wanting to find the other group.....He is King of the hill where he is at...and anytime you bring in another group he has to re establish the pecking order and all that and his dominance as King....without any due process so yeah I'm sure he's never please to find new people that he has to somehow convince he's the one who should be in charge and to just get in line and shut up
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Just because Lori had a C-section previously, doesn't mean she had to have one this time... provided it was over 2 years (which it presumably was, given Carl's age), she could have gone natural...

When she was in pain/bleeding, I thought maybe the baby was biting her...

(I wont go into the abortion debate, but I thought it would be the easy way out, and really - whilst it's not the perfect time, babies are what they DO need, if they want to survive long term...)

After T-Dog was first bit, I wondered if we'd have to go through another waiting game til he turned... so seeing what happened, indeed was very heroic...

Given that the Govner will no doubt not want Ric around - as a threat to his command - I'm guessing he'll be more than happy to let Merle get his vengeance, when the time comes...
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

One Thing i was suprised about as the fact even with everything that happened they still found time to go to woodbury
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          Just because Lori had a C-section previously, doesn't mean she had to have one this time... provided it was over 2 years (which it presumably was, given Carl's age), she could have gone natural...

When she was in pain/bleeding, I thought maybe the baby was biting her...

(I wont go into the abortion debate, but I thought it would be the easy way out, and really - whilst it's not the perfect time, babies are what they DO need, if they want to survive long term...)

After T-Dog was first bit, I wondered if we'd have to go through another waiting game til he turned... so seeing what happened, indeed was very heroic...

Given that the Govner will no doubt not want Ric around - as a threat to his command - I'm guessing he'll be more than happy to let Merle get his vengeance, when the time comes...
          Yeah I know previous C-section births can be successful vaginal deliveries after a time...but still the chances of a complication is quite great there due to scar tissue and so forth. I guess that is why Carol was practicing that But even with all that .....having to perform even a vaginal birth is risky in their situation due to blood loss and just any complications that arise...so yeah I mean I guess it's why women died alot in childbirth years ago...something we sorta take for granted now with modern medicines and things....but it was a big killer amongst women.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          One Thing i was suprised about as the fact even with everything that happened they still found time to go to woodbury
          yeah and I like that set up ...that they are showing just bits and pieces of that each week.

Comment

This episode was even better the second time around.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Woodbury?
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                Yeah I know previous C-section births can be successful vaginal deliveries after a time...but still the chances of a complication is quite great there due to scar tissue and so forth. I guess that is why Carol was practicing that But even with all that .....having to perform even a vaginal birth is risky in their situation due to blood loss and just any complications that arise...so yeah I mean I guess it's why women died alot in childbirth years ago...something we sorta take for granted now with modern medicines and things....but it was a big killer amongst women.

yeah and I like that set up ...that they are showing just bits and pieces of that each week.
                I thought we were going to get a lost s5 type deal but obviously i was wrong, which in this instance i dont really mind being wrong

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                Woodbury?
                The Governer's town

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I'm gonna watch the first half again in a block next year, i look forward to it
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I thought we were going to get a lost s5 type deal but obviously i was wrong, which in this instance i dont really mind being wrong

The Governer's town

I never watched Lost Yeah I know.... I have no life so I have no clue what you are referring to there A rewatch sounds nice too... I'm trying to get Mr. SQ to watch it with me So far he's like...nah....it's just a stupid zombie movie and I try and tell him it's so much more but he is like ..... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! *sigh*

Comment

Wow, what an episode!
                    Was a nice suprise as I wasnt expecting such a sombre episode...
                    Kinda saw T Dogs death coming, but didnt expect Loris pregnancy and death...
                    Qestion is, wheres Carol gone??
                    Brilliant acting from Andrew Lincoln at the end.
                    Also, nice amount of time spent between the two storylines of the group and Woodbury.

Really looking forward to news of this shows renewal and next weeks episode!

Comment

Awwwww, they killed the wrong characters. Should feed Carl to the zombies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Awwwww, they killed the wrong characters. Should feed Carl to the zombies.
                        Last season it's all I hoped for... but from what we've seen of him this season, he's a very different boy... quite tolerable. Much better than his whiny mother.
                        and lots more!

Comment

*sniff* just watched the Lori death scene again ..... and bawled my eyes out AGAIN!! Why do I do this to myself?

Comment

I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out what happened to Carol.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

When you feel so distraught you cant even stand

Andrew Lincoln deserves an emmy for this episode

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Just watched it again, definitely much better the 2nd time around, i can only imagine how it will turn out in a complete series re-watch
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

I was waiting on Lori biting it. I never liked her. IMO it's pure selfishness bringing a baby into that kind of a world. Sorry that T Dawg died, I grew to like him.

As for Andrea. Is she really that stupid and gullible? If something is too good to be true, it probably is.
                                Or maybe she suspects something isn't right and is hanging around to try figure out what it is.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X