X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
    Yeah I actually heard that....
    Spoiler:
    your choices don't really matter that much, I mean they do a little but not in a big major plot way. Because like there is no way to save Lee or to keep that man from kidnapping Clem (like if you choose not to take the groceries..someone else from your group will just do it) so yeah, plus no way to save Carly and so forth. That is really a bummer too cuz the end had me bawling my eyes out Yeah definitely not a holiday game. But it was enjoyable none the less *giggles*
    Yeah that's what I've read too.
    Spoiler:
    I know it does not change events but more so peoples' attitudes toward you. Kinda a shame it doesn't change up some events. I can see it not changing the final outcome. I knew cutting my own arm off wasn't going to save me but I did it anyway. That was gross. But still plan on playing through it again at some point. I'm busy with other games atm.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Yeah that's what I've read too.
      Spoiler:
      I know it does not change events but more so peoples' attitudes toward you. Kinda a shame it doesn't change up some events. I can see it not changing the final outcome. I knew cutting my own arm off wasn't going to save me but I did it anyway. That was gross. But still plan on playing through it again at some point. I'm busy with other games atm.
      Yeah I know....to all that what other games are you playing? I'll be playing it through again too at some point. I'm wondering if they come out with any more episodes of the game? I'm thinking they could do that if......
      Spoiler:
      Clem does meet up with the other two (forgetting their name ATM) and I'm thinking they will run into Lily and Kenny cuz I just don't think they are dead. If they don't show them dead onscreen then to me they aren't dead. SO there could potentially be enough characters left from the original game to carry it through. True Lee isn't there but it could show how he passed the torch onto Clem...maybe. Here's hoping.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Telltale has said they will do a second season and try to tie it in with the first by having your game save carry over. But I doubt it will release anytime this year.

The Walking Dead has sold 8.5 million episodes

Telltale's acclaimed episodic series The Walking Dead has sold over 8.5 million episodes, CEO Dan Connors told The Wall Street Journal. Connors said that about 25 percent of the sales come from iOS devices, and "at about $5 per episode, that's roughly more than $40 million in sales, not including any promotions."
        Hopefully that is a good take for them. Especially since this doesn't include the holiday sales like xbox had. Even though they cut the price to $10 for all eps, that still had to have paid off for them as a ton of people had to have taken advantage of that. On the gaming site I frequent, they track the stats of games for its members (TrueAchievements.com) and in the month of December they had 9,393 gamers start this game for the 360. Course the first ep was free for over a week in December so they all probably didn't buy the rest of the eps but I'm betting most did.

As to what other games I'm playing....

Spoiler:
        I picked up Mass Effect 3 for Christmas and have been playing the heck out of that since then. Yesterday I just finished my insanity run on my second playthrough. And the co-op multiplayer is surprisingly addictive. I'm about to start Battlefield 3 as picked up the premium edition for cheap during the holiday sales.

Working on getting to level 20 in Assassins Creed Revelations in MP...another cheap holiday sale game. Have already finished off the single player completely. Working on Seriously in Gears 1.

Need to go back and do another playthrough of Fallout New Vegas. I started Dead Space 2 in Nov as it had been unopened and collecting dust for nearly a year but then got sidetracked with other games. Then I need to go back and work on some of my older games I started but never completely finished like Oblivion, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect 2.

I generally do all of my game buying around the Nov/Dec holiday sales and then play what I bought till that time next year. (This year I got Fallout New Vegas, ME 3, AC Revelations, COD Black Ops, Battlefield 3, LEGO Star Wars TCS, LEGO Batman, and The Walking Dead.) So I'm always a year or two behind on the current games....
        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 24 January 2013, 01:05 PM.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Telltale has said they will do a second season and try to tie it in with the first by having your game save carry over. But I doubt it will release anytime this year.

The Walking Dead has sold 8.5 million episodes

Hopefully that is a good take for them. Especially since this doesn't include the holiday sales like xbox had. Even though they cut the price to $10 for all eps, that still had to have paid off for them as a ton of people had to have taken advantage of that. On the gaming site I frequent, they track the stats of games for its members (TrueAchievements.com) and in the month of December they had 9,393 gamers start this game for the 360. Course the first ep was free for over a week in December so they all probably didn't buy the rest of the eps but I'm betting most did.

As to what other games I'm playing....

Spoiler:
          I picked up Mass Effect 3 for Christmas and have been playing the heck out of that since then. Yesterday I just finished my insanity run on my second playthrough. And the co-op multiplayer is surprisingly addictive. I'm about to start Battlefield 3 as picked up the premium edition for cheap during the holiday sales.

Working on getting to level 20 in Assassins Creed Revelations in MP...another cheap holiday sale game. Have already finished off the single player completely. Working on Seriously in Gears 1.

Need to go back and do another playthrough of Fallout New Vegas. I started Dead Space 2 in Nov as it had been unopened and collecting dust for nearly a year but then got sidetracked with other games. Then I need to go back and work on some of my older games I started but never completely finished like Oblivion, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect 2.

I generally do all of my game buying around the Nov/Dec holiday sales and then play what I bought till that time next year. (This year I got Fallout New Vegas, ME 3, AC Revelations, COD Black Ops, Battlefield 3, LEGO Star Wars TCS, LEGO Batman, and The Walking Dead.) So I'm always a year or two behind on the current games....
          awesome Thanks for the info..yeah those game stats for TWD are pretty impressive...I just wonder how many would keep playing now. Since it is a pretty successful TV series it makes since that the game would do well.....but I wasn't completely satisfied with how your decisions mattered. I really wish they could work on that. I mean honestly if it's just a minor effect you have on basically how the characters like you then that is pretty minimal and I would think that would get old. I like to know that I could go back and make different choices and save characters or make a big impact on who may live or die or how the actual story plays out. That would be awesome...might be a programming nightmare but well... I really do believe this is the direction gaming is going.

as for other games...sorry didn't mean to high jack this thread with that but oh well.... I'll spoiler it:
          Spoiler:
          I have the mass effect trilogy but haven't played it I know I know... I need to do it. I'm afraid because I heard the ending was pretty horrible and I just don't want to be crushed knowing I may not get to make it with my love interest That didn't come out quite right. Anyway... I have spoiled myself to the endings and think Bioware sort of took the cheap way out on it....got a bit lazy with it. So IDK .... I think I may eventually play it but just need to find some extra time laying around.

I mainly play Skyrim and Star Wars The Old Republic. Signed up to beta the Elder scrolls online but I doubt i Have any chance to be selected for that...cuz I'm not really a big MMO player. I have Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 but haven't played those either. I've watched my kids playing it and it looks awesome and something I may really enjoy but again finding time is going to be the issue. Red Dead Redemption I've played a little of and think that is a great game as well.

And I think it's a great idea that you buy them on sale and then play them as you have the time. That's the way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
            awesome Thanks for the info..yeah those game stats for TWD are pretty impressive...I just wonder how many would keep playing now. Since it is a pretty successful TV series it makes since that the game would do well.....but I wasn't completely satisfied with how your decisions mattered. I really wish they could work on that. I mean honestly if it's just a minor effect you have on basically how the characters like you then that is pretty minimal and I would think that would get old. I like to know that I could go back and make different choices and save characters or make a big impact on who may live or die or how the actual story plays out. That would be awesome...might be a programming nightmare but well... I really do believe this is the direction gaming is going.
            I agree. I'm hoping that in the second season they will try to incorporate this more and have it change up events. I can see them not allowing you to change the really big stuff like say the final outcome of the game, but having other things leading up to the end play out differently would be nice. I still quite enjoyed the game though. Thought they did a really good job with the story. When I played this I knocked it out in a single day because I wanted to see what happened next.

There's going to be a new Walking Dead game that is really trying to cash in on the success of the tv show. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Honestly this one looks like a complete dud. Its supposed to star Daryl, but even he's not enough to make me want to get this game.

as for other games...sorry didn't mean to high jack this thread with that but oh well.... I'll spoiler it:
            Spoiler:
            I have the mass effect trilogy but haven't played it I know I know... I need to do it. I'm afraid because I heard the ending was pretty horrible and I just don't want to be crushed knowing I may not get to make it with my love interest That didn't come out quite right. Anyway... I have spoiled myself to the endings and think Bioware sort of took the cheap way out on it....got a bit lazy with it. So IDK .... I think I may eventually play it but just need to find some extra time laying around.

I mainly play Skyrim and Star Wars The Old Republic. Signed up to beta the Elder scrolls online but I doubt i Have any chance to be selected for that...cuz I'm not really a big MMO player. I have Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 but haven't played those either. I've watched my kids playing it and it looks awesome and something I may really enjoy but again finding time is going to be the issue. Red Dead Redemption I've played a little of and think that is a great game as well.

And I think it's a great idea that you buy them on sale and then play them as you have the time. That's the way to do it.
            Spoiler:
            Don't let the talk about the ending stop you from playing Mass Effect. All three are great games. I spoiled myself on the endings as well back when 3 came out and everyone was talking about it. I kinda thought wtf? as well back then, but in all honesty after having played it and the dlc Leviathan, the choice they decided upon fits well enough for me. They could have done some things better, but ultimately I think what they ended up doing made enough sense.

I really want Skyrim, but I'm waiting for an edition that contains all the dlc. Bethesda seems to be really good about coming out with those so I'm holding out till they do.

I love Red Dead Redemption! Great game. I've always wanted to play KOTOR but just never did. Maybe I'll get it for PC eventually.
            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 27 January 2013, 09:03 AM.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

I agree. I'm hoping that in the second season they will try to incorporate this more and have it change up events. I can see them not allowing you to change the really big stuff like say the final outcome of the game, but having other things leading up to the end play out differently would be nice. I still quite enjoyed the game though. Thought they did a really good job with the story. When I played this I knocked it out in a single day because I wanted to see what happened next.

There's going to be a new Walking Dead game that is really trying to cash in on the success of the tv show. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Honestly this one looks like a complete dud. Its supposed to star Daryl, but even he's not enough to make me want to get this game.

Spoiler:
              Don't let the talk about the ending stop you from playing Mass Effect. All three are great games. I spoiled myself on the endings as well back when 3 came out and everyone was talking about it. I kinda thought wtf? as well back then, but in all honesty after having played it and the dlc Leviathan, the choice they decided upon fits well enough for me. They could have done some things better, but ultimately I think what they ended up doing made enough sense.

I really want Skyrim, but I'm waiting for an edition that contains all the dlc. Bethesda seems to be really good about coming out with those so I'm holding out till they do.

I love Red Dead Redemption! Great game. I've always wanted to play KOTOR but just never did. Maybe I'll get it for PC eventually.
              I agree...the game was good regardless of how your decisions mattered. And I think it took me two days to play all the eps cuz like you I wanted to see how it ended....but one day for you? Dude did you sleep....eat? Or what?

Thanks for the link for Survival Instinct. Well it's hard to know how good it will be just yet from just screen shots. I have not seen a trailer so IDK....trailers don't always give you an adequate picture anyway... I've seen some amazing trailers and the game is still a dud...so yeah I guess we'll see. I may buy it anyway cuz of Daryl...but then I'll have to see the cost too.

Spoiler:
              You'll love Skyrim and good decision to wait until it comes packaged probably in a GOTY or collector's edition set. I think it is so worth the money it has given me literally hours of gameplay...too many to count actually. But after about 6 months of playing this game you may get bored with it as the character interaction is severely lacking and the quests start all looking the same. Get a tip, go to a cairn, kill some draugers, find some treasure, kill a dragon, wash....rinse....repeat But up until you get bored it can be a really fun ride. I love the free roam explore feature of that game so if you are just out taking a stroll in the country side and you decide to just hunt for a while you can do that or you could be in mid quest and decide you want to leave that one and go onto another....etc. So yeah ...if you liked Red Dead...it has a similar playability as that....you will love Skyrim.

As for ME...yeah I know...and many of the people I know who really loved the series said that too. That it is a great game regardless of the ending and they have found a way to make peace with the ending so yeah I probably will start playing it someday soon. I do love how ME worked in the character relationships and they weren't just tacked on as an after thought. I only wish other game developers could do as such like Bethesda for Skyrim. Oh well there is always room to grow!

Comment

lol. I dl'ed all the eps really early that morning of the sale.

Spoiler:
                I'm sure I'll love Skyrim. I played the heck out of Fallout 3. Wasted a couple hundred hrs just roaming around and exploring and collecting crap, disreguarding the main story which was rather light on substance. Fallout New Vegas ended up being the opposite. Not as much to explore which I missed, but still a great game.

The character relationships are a nice highlight of the ME series. They have some really great and memorable characters.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season Two On Track For Release This Fall

Telltale responded with the following statement:

"The current estimated release window for Season Two of The Walking Dead is for fall of ‘this’ year (2013), and not ‘next’ year (2014) as has been reported after a recent interview. We apologize for any confusion and thank you and all of our fans for your continued excitement for Telltale’s series."
                  Also:

The Walking Dead is now available for digital download in Australia, New Zealand and Brazil on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and in Australia and New Zealand on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system (Brazil coming soon on March 19th).
                  Source
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Just played the first episode, i really enjoyed it, you get alot of achievements for it too which is great although only 10 gamer points but still, will play through episode 2 next sunday

The one thing that bugs me about it is, some of the decisions you make have a time, sometimes i like to sit there and study it, oh and another thing i don't like the way herschel is portrayed in this either.... but atleast he had his infinity ammo turned on
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 26 May 2013, 07:13 AM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Ok so i played through most of episode 2 yesterday, i know i said i wouldn't play it until sunday but i couldn't wait and had abit of time

WOW episode 2's story was kinda ****ed up, atleast what i have played from it
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 27 May 2013, 05:02 PM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Is that the one where they ran across the farm where
                        Spoiler:
                        they were eating people? I felt sorry for that poor guy that got shot and then they later chopped off his leg and served it.

They kinda drew from the comics on that one as Rick's group does run across some cannibals in the comics.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Is that the one where they ran across the farm where
                          Spoiler:
                          they were eating people? I felt sorry for that poor guy that got shot and then they later chopped off his leg and served it.

They kinda drew from the comics on that one as Rick's group does run across some cannibals in the comics.
                          Yep that's the one gross, yeah that guy seemed like the only sane one in the group
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 28 May 2013, 03:32 PM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I've just bought this on disc, looking forward to trying it out once I get through some other games.

Comment

The Walking Dead: 400 Days Launch Trailer

New dlc for the first season that is supposed to be released tomorrow for multiple platforms.

More info from Telltale's FAQ.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Anyone here get 400 days and play it yet? I'm thinking of doing this over my Thanksgiving break. If so what did you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X