Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoilerific COMIC discussion thread (also spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old is Carl in the comics?
    Same age as on the show?
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Yep.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wonder how closely Carl's development in this "new world" will mirror how it was treated in the comics? I hope they keep it pretty close.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hope so too. So far, at least from Carl's lines in this week's episode, it looks like they're moving a bit in that direction.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Prison should be next in the story arcs shouldn't it?
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

If it follows the comics, definitely. But we'll see if they follow the comics, or try to diverge....

I wonder if/when we'll meet Michonne on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                If it follows the comics, definitely. But we'll see if they follow the comics, or try to diverge....
                There is a still/scene of the next episode that shows a walker behind a fenced gate, maybe... and the name of the episode "18 Miles Out" could be a reference to "the mile" that prisioners in the death row have to symbolically walk.

I wonder if/when we'll meet Michonne on the show.
                If the producers somehow don't include Michonne they would be missing one of the most brilliant character of the comic, it would be like not including Glenn or Shane, she is essential, in my view to The Walking Dead.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I would think the prison all hangs on if they can find a location that would suit their needs.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    I would think the prison all hangs on if they can find a location that would suit their needs.
                    Well, I wish them luck then. I really want to see that storyline on the show.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just watched the trailer for next weeks episode, at the end, it shows Shane and Rick walking up to a fenced compound, possible introduction for the prison?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        Just watched the trailer for next weeks episode, at the end, it shows Shane and Rick walking up to a fenced compound, possible introduction for the prison?
                        Turns out it wasn't the prision, even so i think it was finally revealed, kinda, what Jenner told Rick.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                          Turns out it wasn't the prision, even so i think it was finally revealed, kinda, what Jenner told Rick.
                          That is a distinct possibility. Hopefully we will know for sure soon.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I very, very firmly believe that Jenner told Rick what we learned ages ago in the comic--that the infection is not just at death, that everyone is infected. The burned bodies in Sunday's episode, to me, was just further evidence to that end; that someone else has figured it out too.

Comment

I very, very firmly believe that Jenner told Rick what we learned ages ago in the comic--that the infection is not just at death, that everyone is infected. The burned bodies in Sunday's episode, to me, was just further evidence to that end; that someone else has figured it out too.
                              I didn't get the burned corps as evidence to that, would you be kind and explain why you thought that?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                                I didn't get the burned corps as evidence to that, would you be kind and explain why you thought that?
                                I was thinking that if you know your dead friends are going to get back up again 10 minutes after they die, you burn 'em. Doesn't waste a bullet (or fire a gun, drawing the attention of walkers).

Comment

Working...
                                X