Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah and that probably happens because it....
    Spoiler:
    gets over run cuz I can't see them just deciding to pack up and leave that place with all the fortification it provides and stuff There would have to be a really good reason to leave.
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
      There would have to be a really good reason to leave.
      Hmm, tired of the décor? No central air conditioning? Rumors of bargain-priced real-estate elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
        Hmm, tired of the décor? No central air conditioning? Rumors of bargain-priced real-estate elsewhere?
        It was Black Friday and there was a blow out sale on PS4's

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
          Spoiler:
          Before he died, Merle Clogged all the toilets in the prison, they got sick of having to find a bathroom outside so after awhile Rick said **** it were leavin'
          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 30 September 2013, 05:19 PM.
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi900...ref_=3p_3p_vi2
            New webisode series.

Comment

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/04/th...coln-season-4/
              Group dynamic change for season 4

Comment

I have a question about this show that perhaps some Gateworlder can answer. I wasn't sure where to post it so I hope this is the right place.

Spoiler:
                In season two it is revealed that everyone has the virus. So that means that the virus by itself is not lethal. If that is the case then what killed Jim in season one? The bite he received on his chest (abdomen?) was certainly not lethal. For that matter, why would getting bit infect someone when they are already infected? I just don't think the "Everyone is infected" plot device makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Caeili View Post
                  I have a question about this show that perhaps some Gateworlder can answer. I wasn't sure where to post it so I hope this is the right place.

Spoiler:
                  In season two it is revealed that everyone has the virus. So that means that the virus by itself is not lethal. If that is the case then what killed Jim in season one? The bite he received on his chest (abdomen?) was certainly not lethal. For that matter, why would getting bit infect someone when they are already infected? I just don't think the "Everyone is infected" plot device makes any sense.
                  You just have to roll with it as it doesn't make any sense. Everyone being infected is a plot device for when people kill people the dead will rise again if not taken care of. Nothing explains why you die from a non-lethal zombie bite other than it's an accepted thing when it comes to zombies in general. Unless maybe they carry some other strain of the virus that becomes more deadly when they died the first time. *shrug* I just ignore it and accept the so-called "science" of this universe created for the story.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I just assume it has something to the level of exposure to the virus, although I purposely avoid thinking clearly about the question.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    I just ignore it and accept the so-called "science" of this universe created for the story.
                    Unfortunately, this is what's sometimes required to continue enjoying a show. Granted, it reveals a flaw in the writing, in the verse's development. I forgive the flaws because of the show's superior overall quality.

Comment

A little thread spamming in an effort to make sure folks aren't caught off guard this weekend

Heads up re the next Server Move:

Estimated downtime will be 3-4hrs between the 11th and 14th of October.
                      Changes to DNS settings will be nearly instantaneous for most of us, but propagation (ie reconnection to the new server address) may take hours,or as much as 24-48 hours to reach everyone, since it depends on your ISP.

If there are any changes to that schedule,or any other info,we'll try to let you all know in advance via the Ask the Mods thread ,this thread ,the Alphasite and/or GW Twitter.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Feel free to pass the info around.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        You just have to roll with it as it doesn't make any sense. Everyone being infected is a plot device for when people kill people the dead will rise again if not taken care of. Nothing explains why you die from a non-lethal zombie bite other than it's an accepted thing when it comes to zombies in general. Unless maybe they carry some other strain of the virus that becomes more deadly when they died the first time. *shrug* I just ignore it and accept the so-called "science" of this universe created for the story.
                        well isn't it just speculation on their part that
                        Spoiler:
                        EVERYONE has the virus though? Was that ever actually scientifically confirmed? I can't remember what was uncovered at the CDC.... (Geez I need to do a rewatch ) but obviously, some people when they contracted it turned immediately and some did not (maybe because of certain ways their body's immune system is????) so all the survivors are either....naturally immune to the passive virus they got inside of them OR they have not contracted any form of passive virus yet (maybe they were not around it to contract it.....because how would the passive virus inside the survivors be contracted anyway?) Maybe not airborne? Maybe blood borne?. So maybe Jim did not have the live virus inside of him YET and then when he got the bite that infected him with the LIVE form of the virus?? Because, we know how viruses work....there are some that may be immune to it ....in certain forms. We know that there can be different strains to viruses as well. So there could be some individuals for whatever reason did not contract the virus. And then they get bit....get the virus and thus they turn, because their body cannot deal with that strain or whatever. I mean yeah I guess a part of it is you have to just dismiss trying to rationalize it scientifically and just enjoy the show, but it does get you thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                          well isn't it just speculation on their part that
                          Spoiler:
                          EVERYONE has the virus though? Was that ever actually scientifically confirmed? I can't remember what was uncovered at the CDC.... (Geez I need to do a rewatch ) but obviously, some people when they contracted it turned immediately and some did not (maybe because of certain ways their body's immune system is????) so all the survivors are either....naturally immune to the passive virus they got inside of them OR they have not contracted any form of passive virus yet (maybe they were not around it to contract it.....because how would the passive virus inside the survivors be contracted anyway?) Maybe not airborne? Maybe blood borne?. So maybe Jim did not have the live virus inside of him YET and then when he got the bite that infected him with the LIVE form of the virus?? Because, we know how viruses work....there are some that may be immune to it ....in certain forms. We know that there can be different strains to viruses as well. So there could be some individuals for whatever reason did not contract the virus. And then they get bit....get the virus and thus they turn, because their body cannot deal with that strain or whatever. I mean yeah I guess a part of it is you have to just dismiss trying to rationalize it scientifically and just enjoy the show, but it does get you thinking.
                          Spoiler:
                          Rick was told by Jenner at the CDC at the end of season 1 that everyone is already infected. I'm not sure why being bit eventually kills someone if not a fatal bite, unless it's just an extra dose of the virus. But, everyone will turn when they die, however they die.
                          It's the shows mythology, just go with it!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I just assumed
                            Spoiler:
                            that Jim developed sepsis or some other complication from the bite which would have killed him if left untreated. They don't exactly have the best medical care and sepsis happens even in hospitals today where there is care. Possibly having the virus might make life threatening situations causing death to happen faster.
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I have to post one more discrepancy here. Then I'll shut up.

The show takes place in the Southeastern United States. And they act like there is a dearth of guns? Why go back for the "bag of guns" Rick dropped in the street in episode one? You can search 2 or 3 homes here and odds are are you will find a gun and ammo.

Comment

I have to post one more discrepancy here. Then I'll shut up.

The show takes place in the Southeastern United States. And they act like there is a dearth of guns? Why go back for the "bag of guns" Rick dropped in the street in episode one? You can search 2 or 3 homes here and odds are are you will find a gun and ammo.
                                Umm its a zombie apocalypse most houses have been raided for guns/other stuff at this point, besides how can you truly know who kept a gun and who didn't? its better just to just get the bag of guns

Besides i'm sure Rick probably thought of that
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X