This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    Nice poster. I really can't wait for this to come back. The remainder of this season should be really great.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I prefer 3.0 poster to 3.5 one
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

'The Walking Dead' finds its new showrunner

An inside candidate has landed the gig as the newest showrunner on AMC's "The Walking Dead."

According to a variety of media reports, Scott M. Gimple will be the new "Walking Dead" showrunner, replacing Glen Mazzara, who will be departing after completing work on the show's third season.

AMC is not confirming the hire.

Mazzara, who replaced original series developer Frank Darabont as showrunner early in the second season, left his showrunning gig simultaneous with the fourth season renewal of "The Walking Dead" last month.

Gimple currently serves as supervising producer on "The Walking Dead" and has written several episodes including the recent "Hounded." Gimple previously worked with David Goyer on "FlashForward," as well as on the upcoming "Da Vinci's Demons" for Starz. His feature credits include "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance."
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          'The Walking Dead' finds its new showrunner

An inside candidate has landed the gig as the newest showrunner on AMC's "The Walking Dead."

According to a variety of media reports, Scott M. Gimple will be the new "Walking Dead" showrunner, replacing Glen Mazzara, who will be departing after completing work on the show's third season.

AMC is not confirming the hire.

Mazzara, who replaced original series developer Frank Darabont as showrunner early in the second season, left his showrunning gig simultaneous with the fourth season renewal of "The Walking Dead" last month.

Gimple currently serves as supervising producer on "The Walking Dead" and has written several episodes including the recent "Hounded." Gimple previously worked with David Goyer on "FlashForward," as well as on the upcoming "Da Vinci's Demons" for Starz. His feature credits include "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance."
          Well...we'll see how that goes.
          sigpic

Comment

I sure hope this guy works out. We don't need to keep having changes at the top like this.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

We'll i liked Flash Forward, going to atleast Check out Da Vinchi's Demons, but i havent seen Ghost Rider Spirits of Vengeance yet, this guy should be ok

here's hoping we dont have any more changes
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

The top job on this show is a revolving door. I can see that there are constant clashes between the show runners and AMC. So far they have continued to produce a great product, and hopefully it remains this way.
                sigpic

Comment

Kurt Sutter, who co-executive produced The Shield with Glen Mazzara for FX a number of years back, weighed in on the situation with TWD and Mazzara:

AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of it's creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara. They continue to disrespect writers, sh-t on their audience and bury their network... Showrunners are not development executives, we're not cookiecutter douchebags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer.

http://blastr.com/2013/01/amc-responds-to-backlash.php
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I hope Mr. Sutter is wrong on that last little bit there. I really don't want this great show to suffer in quality.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If they keep changing all the time it will eventually suffer. They need stability.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah and wow that article is disturbing but glad someone is gutsy enough to speak the truth.
                        Originally posted by jelgate
                        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          If they keep changing all the time it will eventually suffer. They need stability.
                          I totally agree with that.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

AMC has had conflicts with all their headline shows - Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. It is surprising that the network was able to produce such quality shows with all the issues that have occurred between showrunners and AMC execs over the years.
                            sigpic

Comment

Why can't they just let the show runners do their jobs?
                              sigpic

Comment

New 1 min preview...
                                Cant wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X