This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
    So, your dying for them to get the hell out of there? I suspect Hershel will demand them to get the hell out, or even force them at gun point!
    Definitely! Those last 4 episodes were so painful to watch. It was like everyone threw there previous character out the window and they all became these characters that make it hard to respect at all. Plus the low episode count coupled with an obviously low budget ruined what they had built-up.
    Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
    How bad is the second season then? I seen the first one on Netflix (all they had) and it was interesting enough.
    Actually the 2nd season starts out pretty good, but when they come upon Herschel's place the whole show gets stalled into a very boring quagmire.

I'm not giving up on it just yet. Hopefully they can find that 1rst season magic again.

Comment

IMO, Season 2 has been even better than Season 1 was thus far. But, to each their own.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
        Definitely! Those last 4 episodes were so painful to watch. It was like everyone threw there previous character out the window and they all became these characters that make it hard to respect at all.
        Bluntly if you're looking for characters to respect I might find another show. The show, while not slavishly following the comic certainly seems to be following the same themes and most characters won't deal with the zombie apocalypse very well.

This is not stargate, the characters will not all bond into a happy team that fends off every danger. Many of the characters like Shane, will find that when civilisation is stripped away they become little better than animals. Others like Herschel will simply not fully accept the situation. Even those characters like Rick Grimes, who is a sympathetic character the audiance can respect, will have to make some very tough choices, sometimes perhaps the wrong choices and take some very unpleasant actions.

As for characters and there development, while ones mileage may vary, I think they have developed naturally and realistically. Shane has been shown since season 1 to have very violent tendencies and slowly spiralling off the deep end. Other characters like Andrea have gone through so much and lost so many that it would be unbelievable if their character hadn't changed.

Comment

I totally agree with your post, The Mighty 6 platoon.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I totally agree with your post, The Mighty 6 platoon.
            Thank you. While I have been critical of the show, as I found parts of season 2 did drag in places, I still think it's a great show and I don't think theres been any particular drop in quality since season 1.

Comment

I can't wait to see what they have in store for us and the characters in the second half of the season.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I can hardly believe it, but I have gotten my wife into this show. She can't handle a lot of the real gory scenes, but she does seem to like the overall story. We just finished Season 1, and watched the first episode of this season tonight. She should be all caught up in no time.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh for crying out loud..... Another empty post? Are you serious???

As I was saying....Again..... I've liked season 2 thus far, but I do agree with some that they spent too much time on Herschel's farm. It started dragging a bit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Oh for crying out loud..... Another empty post? Are you serious???

As I was saying....Again..... I've liked season 2 thus far, but I do agree with some that they spent too much time on Herschel's farm. It started dragging a bit.
                      Agreed...But hey, it's always better than watching Jersey Shore.
                      sigpic

Comment

I really do look forward to the return of this show.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          Agreed...But hey, it's always better than watching Jersey Shore.
                          I wouldn't know, I don't watch Jersey Shore If it's a reality show then Hell will freeze over before I watch it
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            I wouldn't know, I don't watch Jersey Shore If it's a reality show then Hell will freeze over before I watch it
                            I'd watch Jersey Shore if the participants were being chased by zombies. Walking Dead spinoff perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              I'd watch Jersey Shore if the participants were being chased by zombies. Walking Dead spinoff perhaps?
                              oooohhhhhhhh, now there's an interesting idea. Someone go over to the studio and throw this idea to them
                              sigpic

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, funnily enough...

I would watch it, but it would be a very short show. "The Situation" would flash his abs at the zombies and, when that doesn't affect any of them, they wouldn't know what to do. And then...Munch.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X