X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    omg omg omg omg great ending
    PA!! I didn't know you watched this? YAY!! I loved the ending too.....although I bawled my eyes out. *sigh* Can't wait for February.
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
      What is going to happen
      Spoiler:
      to Carol now that Sophia is going to die? I think that she is going to die soon too.
      Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Probably.
      Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I agree with that. She may
      Spoiler:
      take her own life.
      I disagree that Carol will....

Spoiler:
      take her own life...or die. I think Daryl will help her get through it. I can see a budding romance there....something very non traditional...as I think Carol may be older than him...not sure But I really don't see Carol dying... I think in light of the mid season finale....Carol is probably relieved that it's over.. I think she knew down deep that Sophia was either dead or a walker and it was the not knowing that was killing her. I think now she has closure and can at least work to move on.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
        I disagree that Carol will....

Spoiler:
        take her own life...or die. I think Daryl will help her get through it. I can see a budding romance there....something very non traditional...as I think Carol may be older than him...not sure But I really don't see Carol dying... I think in light of the mid season finale....Carol is probably relieved that it's over.. I think she knew down deep that Sophia was either dead or a walker and it was the not knowing that was killing her. I think now she has closure and can at least work to move on.
        I actually made that comment before the airing of the last episode. So i agree with you that a romance could be in the tracks for the second half part of the season. But still i wouldn't put it past her. Andrea took a long time untill she decided to stay and blow up along with the CDC, back in the first season.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I don't think that Carol
          Spoiler:
          will kill herself, but I can see the writers taking her out of the show sometime by either killing her or leaving her behind as they pick up other characters along the way.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

This mid-season finale was so good, I have watched it like 3 times already. This hiatus is going to kill me.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great ending. One of the reasons for this show success is that it does what others wouldn't do. What other show had children beign shot in the head? It would be unthinkable outside cable. It captures Kirman's story with maestry.
              While I'd agree that the ending of episode 7 was great and I applaud the show for being unflinching, I'd point out that I can list quite a few shows, some of them that have aired years before the Walking Dead, that have shown children being killed, often quite brutally and bloodily. And they didn't have the "oh it's a zombie" excuse. Although as you correctly point out they are almost all on cable, few if any shows on a major network would dare attempt this.

Still my point is they can't rest on their laurels, while the mid season finale was strong, there have been weak points in season 2, and I think they need to focus on stronger writing. You can't just use edginess to paper over the gaps caused by weak writing. AMC should look to networks like HBO and Showtime, whose shows are even more brutal and unflinching than AMC shows like the Walking Dead, and see how, while they have even stronger content (as they can get away with even more than AMC on those channels) the key thing to shows like Dexter on Showtime, or the Sopranos or Game of Thrones on HBO is strong writing (and strong performances, but I can't criticise the cast of the Walking Dead in that respect, I think they are uniformly excellent).

Comment

IMO, there have been very few weak points in this season thus far. But, that is just how I see it. I think the writing has been spectacular really.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  Still my point is they can't rest on their laurels, while the mid season finale was strong, there have been weak points in season 2, and I think they need to focus on stronger writing. You can't just use edginess to paper over the gaps caused by weak writing. AMC should look to networks like HBO and Showtime, whose shows are even more brutal and unflinching than AMC shows like the Walking Dead, and see how, while they have even stronger content (as they can get away with even more than AMC on those channels) the key thing to shows like Dexter on Showtime, or the Sopranos or Game of Thrones on HBO is strong writing (and strong performances, but I can't criticise the cast of the Walking Dead in that respect, I think they are uniformly excellent).
                  Agreed, thats something The Walking Dead will continue to have and will be agravated with Darabont leaving the procution. Unless they double the effort in the writing depertament, the quality will suffer.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    IMO, there have been very few weak points in this season thus far. But, that is just how I see it. I think the writing has been spectacular really.
                    I disagree, the search for Sophia, while obviously it had a fantastic ending, did not work for many of the preceding episodes. It just felt like the show was going in circles for a while.
                    Agreed, thats something The Walking Dead will continue to have and will be agravated with Darabont leaving the procution. Unless they double the effort in the writing depertament, the quality will suffer.
                    Indeed, although I'm not to despondent at the moment. The Walking Dead, even at its weakest, is still a good show, and episode 7 shows they can produce not just good, but excellent tv. Hopefully they take episodes 7's quality and carry it over for the whole of the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      I disagree, the search for Sophia, while obviously it had a fantastic ending, did not work for many of the preceding episodes. It just felt like the show was going in circles for a while.
                      I did think at times the dialogue felt that way as I was like are they gonna finally find her this week or not, but to me it seemed there was very little actual searching for her on camera...other than in the first ep which did kind of bog it down.

I love the show, but I do think the writing could be stronger in places, and to be honest some of the acting as well.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Just watched the pilot and i really enjoyed it
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                          Just watched the pilot and i really enjoyed it
                          That is good to hear. I hope you end up enjoying this show as much as I am right now.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I really enjoyed the 1rst season - something new and edgy.

I just finished watching what I guess is what they are calling the 2nd season - I cannot believe what IMO a truly heaping pile it was, it is, and will forever be! (well maybe not quite that bad, but it sure felt good to say after finishing it). The time spent on the farm was a joke, the characters interactions became so ridiculous it was almost insulting to watch. It seemed to be shot on High School Film Class budget. It didn't jump a Shark, it jumped a Blue Whale. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
                              I really enjoyed the 1rst season - something new and edgy.

I just finished watching what I guess is what they are calling the 2nd season - I cannot believe what IMO a truly heaping pile it was, it is, and will forever be! (well maybe not quite that bad, but it sure felt good to say after finishing it). The time spent on the farm was a joke, the characters interactions became so ridiculous it was almost insulting to watch. It seemed to be shot on High School Film Class budget. It didn't jump a Shark, it jumped a Blue Whale. What a joke.
                              So, your dying for them to get the hell out of there? I suspect Hershel will demand them to get the hell out, or even force them at gun point!
                              sigpic

Comment

How bad is the second season then? I seen the first one on Netflix (all they had) and it was interesting enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X