This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
    And don't point out the fact that it says The 'Nest' New Show on TV . . . Too late to correct it now. Pretend it's a B.
    Easily fixed

Comment

Well that's because you're an absolute legend thanks
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

This coming season has so much promise. I just really hope that this great show can rise above all of the behind the scenes turmoil that has been going on as of late. All I want is for it to continue to be very successful.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The axing of Frank Darabont concerns and saddens me greatly and makes me mad as all hell at AMC management, but from the articles I've read about this business the guy who's replacing him is a good and capable show-runner. He may yet produce a very respectable show.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes, the new showrunner may do a good job - provided he's allowed to, that is. My concern is that the same individuals who were responsible for Darabont's firing may also create problems for the new showrunner.

Despite my pessimism, however, I do believe this season has a chance of being decent because there has to still be enough of Darabont's influence to off-set whatever the new showrunner is forced to do by AMC.

Also, after the amount of negative press AMC has received since firing Darabont maybe, just maybe AMC's management will back off a bit and allow the new guy more freedom, at least for now.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Is Darabont still executive producer?
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

AMC fired him. You know, what we've been talking about for the last couple pages
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The new showrunner doesn't seem to have that much experience though. His most noteworthy project seems to be The Shield. But he was also involved with producing Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour which was cancelled after one season. I guess we'll see what happens this fall.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    AMC fired him. You know, what we've been talking about for the last couple pages
                    I know but I thought he'd just been fired as showrunner. I'd hoped he'd stayed on as exec producer. Hoped . . .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      The new showrunner doesn't seem to have that much experience though. His most noteworthy project seems to be The Shield. But he was also involved with producing Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour which was cancelled after one season. I guess we'll see what happens this fall.
                      I heard great things about The Shield, so I remain optimistic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                        I heard great things about The Shield, so I remain optimistic.
                        We should all remain optimistic. That is, until we are given on-screen reason to feel otherwise. And let us hope that does not happen.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Looks like the show's second season will also premiere with a 90 minute episode to kick off AMC's Fearfest.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/amc-...dead-premiere/
                          sigpic

Comment

Fantastic. I'll have to blast through a rewatch before Season 2 starts I bought the Season 1 BD set for on my birthday (after I'd received gifts and it wasn't among them--gotta be safe!) and haven't watched any of it yet, so a perfect time to do so!

Comment

Nice! A longer season premiere works for me.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/the-walking-dea...ails-13943.htm
                                Teaser clips from Season 2
                                We have to wait till October in the UK

Comment

Working...
                                X