Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad part is, I am already missing this show. Maybe I will spend some time and catch up on the comic side of this.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Actually, that's a great idea. I believe they're up to issue #79, so there's plenty of reading to be done before next October!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Actually, that's a great idea. I believe they're up to issue #79, so there's plenty of reading to be done before next October!
        Plenty of reading indeed.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I won't miss the show. The first episodes were pretty good but it got progressively boring and repetitive. The last episode was different but didn't make any sense and was completely illogical. But since the entire writing staff was fired, beside the showrunner, I guess there's hope for a better series. Beside being people wandering around crying after the death of their loves one, I don't see where this can go. It should have been a mini-series (as a few others more serialized sci-fi shows lately).
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
            Spoiler:
            I think it might have been about Rick's wife's blood results, telling him that she is pregnant.
            I think it might be that.
            Spoiler:
            He might have told him that it isn't his.

Another possibility is that he told him that they're all infected and living on borrowed time.

Comment

Actually, the entire staff wasn't fired (yet):
              http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/12/03/ro...-werent-fired/

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                I won't miss the show. The first episodes were pretty good but it got progressively boring and repetitive. The last episode was different but didn't make any sense and was completely illogical.
                +1

I came in with high hopes for the show since the comic is pretty good (for a zombie comic, anyway), but everything after episode 3 went downhill. Vatos didn't contribute anything except to show Rick's bleeding heart and the last episode looked like it was salvaged from the cutting room floor.

Having said that, having Eglee leave the show with only one top dog, we may see a more cohesive story.

At the very least, either give T-Dog a real name or kill him off.

Comment

I think the whisper was that the blonde Andrea is infected and that she is on borrowed time, or that Karl is not his son.

Comment

Regarding the whisper
                    Spoiler:
                    I think Lori being pregnant is most likely. And for the sake of on-screen drama, I'm guessing the child is Shane's.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Regarding the whisper
                      Spoiler:
                      I think Lori being pregnant is most likely. And for the sake of on-screen drama, I'm guessing the child is Shane's.
                      That is very likely. I can't wait to see where things go next season.

As far as the comics go, I am up to #9. So far, they are really good. A lot was definitely put directly into the show, but some things are very different too. This should keep me busy for awhile.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Regarding the whisper
                        Spoiler:
                        Indeed, yikes! But anyways I finally saw the season finale and "KABOOM!" I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          Indeed, yikes! But anyways I finally saw the season finale and "KABOOM!" I liked it.
                          Kaboom indeed!
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Regarding the whisper
                            Spoiler:
                            I agree

Spoiler:
                            I think he had to have said more than just "your wife is pregnant" or it wouldn't have been whispered. Although I don't know how he would know from a simple blood test that the child wasn't Franks. I guess he could have been looking for more than we know.
                            sigpic

Comment

I wanna see some introduction of some major plot arc. But survival I guess is the current plot arc. Just a slight hint of a major plot arc in the background. I don't know, does that happen in the comics?

Comment

A lot of trying to survive. Great books though. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X