Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the season finale is on very soon. I can't wait to see it, but at the same time, it is kind of sad that the season is over after tonight. It should be really good though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah I'm sad it's the end of the season already too

Hopefully they have something really good waiting for us for the first year's finale though
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Yeah I'm sad it's the end of the season already too

Hopefully they have something really good waiting for us for the first year's finale though
        I think tonight will be great. I hope everybody enjoys it.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well I've enjoyed every episode so far, so I'm not worried
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought it was kind of silly for Andrea to point a gun inches towards her own face to shoot her sister. I mean, I understand the need for dramatic effect sometimes, but really?

Comment

Another fabulous episode to cap off the season.

Spoiler:
              It was lovely to see the crew achieve a measure of safety, even if it was only for one night. Getting drunk and having a good time was just what they all needed.

I felt quite badly for Jacqui in the end, deciding to stay behind because she has nothing and no-one, and can't face it outside anymore. And then to add insult to injury, nobody stays to talk her into escaping with them

The Dr. Jenner character....was good, but I wish they'd cast someone with a bit more presence. That's probably actually my biggest complaint of the season right there, miscasting that role. It's not that the actor they chose did a bad job at all, please don't think I mean that. I just think there was a lot more potential for someone like that to have a lot of gravity in their role which just didn't happen here.

Otherwise great finale though. And a terrific choice of music to close out the show's first year.

Still no sign of Merle, or Morgan and Duane. I wonder if those threads will be picked up next season?

Comment

Spoiler:
                It was an ok episode, i just hope that the wait isn't to long for season 2. For a show that is all about zombies, there sure was very little of them in that episode.

- The look at TS-19's brain and the re-animation taking place was just creepy, but the docs little explanation was a nice touch.

- For the love of all that is sane, alcohol is a danger at the best of times. Don't give it to a bunch of people with loaded weapons, who have gone through a traumatic/screwed up experience, surviving against hordes of the living dead. It's just asking for trouble, The stupidity amazes me, even if it is a tv show.

- Another redshirt bites the dust. Seems like the cast was just padded out with random secondary characters that are available to be killed off/removed from the narrative when apropriate. Convenient.

- I guess when season 2 is back to surviving, at least the boredom of the camp is behind us, unless something replaces it.

- I knew the grenade Rick picked up would come back into play sooner or later.

- Wonder what Jenner whispered to Rick. I'm guessing it's the location of another safe haven/facility where there might be some hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post
                  Spoiler:

- Wonder what Jenner whispered to Rick. I'm guessing it's the location of another safe haven/facility where there might be some hope.
                  Spoiler:
                  I think it might have been about Rick's wife's blood results, telling him that she is pregnant.
                  sigpic

Comment

mm that would make sense.

Comment

Good ep last night. It had a couple of weak spots, but I still enjoyed it overall.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Spoiler:

I felt quite badly for Jacqui in the end, deciding to stay behind because she has nothing and no-one, and can't face it outside anymore. And then to add insult to injury, nobody stays to talk her into escaping with them
                      Spoiler:
                      Me too. I liked her.

Now blondie could have stayed behind as far as I was concerned since I don't like her character. I was sad to not see her go.

Originally posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I think it might have been about Rick's wife's blood results, telling him that she is pregnant.
                      I think you are probably right.
                      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 08 December 2010, 08:26 AM. Reason: sp
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        I think he might have told him that the Virus gets Airborne at some point.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          That is a very good possibility.

I thought this was a great way to end Season 1. This episode kept me interested until the very end, like all the others. I will really miss this show while it is on its long break.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeehaw, DVD/BD news already! We're looking at a March 8 release date for Season 1, which is too far off for my liking but good to hear news so quick just the same! I wish Syfy was this on-the-ball with DVD news!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wal...Season-1/14772

Comment

The last episode
                              Spoiler:
                              at the CDC center was pretty stupid. Why would the good doctor want to trap people inside the CDC? The episode tried to create a made up unrealistic situation to create some drama but it felt flat and ridiculous.

Anyway we already know humans can live far from the city and be relatively safe (depending on the distance) so the situation ain't as hopeless as they try to say. You just need to know how to fish and hunt. Agriculture attempts and cattle herding would also be a plus.
                              Last edited by Madwelshboy; 08 December 2010, 07:43 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

^^ ahem... spoiler tag? ^^

it was a nice episode although perhaps a bit slow for my liking in the beginning

Anyway we already know humans can live far from the city and be relatively safe (depending on the distance) so the situation ain't as hopeless as they try to say. You just need to know how to fish and hunt. Agriculture attempts and cattle herding would also be a plus.
                                Spoiler:
                                We've also seen them being overrun just as they were getting a sense of security. Also they're not just worried and suicidal just because of the Z's. Like the blonde chick said "everything's gone". The conveniences of civilised society are slowly running out, illustrated perfectly on a smaller and faster scale in this episode.
                                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X