X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode last night.

'The Walking Dead': Ratings Score Series Highs In Fifth Episode
    Sunday night’s episode of The Walking Dead scored a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating and averaged 5.6 million viewers, both season highs, and that during a holiday weekend. Beware the zombies indeed.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Last night's episode was indeed great. That hour goes by way too fast IMO. I can't wait for next week's season finale, yet I don't want it to be over. They really struck gold with this show.

Great news about the ratings too.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it's super duper. I didn't know it was possible for a show like this to deliver such great story and entertainment so many episodes in a row. Good lesson for shows like SGU.
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Thats me all caught up again. I fell behind a bit but I got the whole day off work due to the snow and watched episodes 3,4 and 5 all in a row today. It's just been brilliant so far, I'm really sad we're just about at the end of the season already but i cant wait for the finale, I've been very impressed with just about all of it... However...
          Spoiler:
          I have to say though, i didn't really like the ending of episode 5, it seemed, i don't know, a bit out of place? I love the simple things of the show, the rag tag bunch of survivors trying to get by, scrape food and supplies together, make camp etc etc, I really don't want it to get scientific with big high tech buildings and experiments and tests and mixing potions in test tubes and all that stuff. I hope they dont go down that route to be honest.

I also find myself liking Darryl for some reason even though he's meant to be the p***k that everyone hates.
          sigpic

Comment

As of yet, it's a very entertaining series. Since I saw many post apocalypse movie everything it feels like a deja vu a bit. That's the type of series that shouldn't be made into a real series but should be mini series to write a complete story without stretching the storyline unnecessarily. Same could be said for series like The Event or Surface which should have been sci-fi mini series instead of full season series. People who like this series should take a look at 28 Weeks Later and Carriers, 2 good movies.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

^^ I saw 28 Days later and I saw a bit of Carriers. I still love this show more. I think it is awesome to have a series like this. Since it is a cable show each season (except this first one) will only have 13 episodes. It could go one for years without running out of material.

Loved this last episode.

Spoiler:
              You knew that they had to get around to finding out about the development of a cure or that some science had to become involved at some point. I for one am very interested in finding out just how the virus started. I would love to see a flashback episode where we get to see things from the beginning, but I doubt that will happen.
              sigpic

Comment

that would indeed be great, and I suspect they will explore how the characters all fared during the onset of the zombie apocalypse at some point. It would be a wasted opportunity to not do it at all. The scenes where unsuspecting characters going on with their daily business one moment then find themselves smack in the middle of a zombie apocalypse the next are always cool parts of zombie flicks .

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                As of yet, it's a very entertaining series. Since I saw many post apocalypse movie everything it feels like a deja vu a bit. That's the type of series that shouldn't be made into a real series but should be mini series to write a complete story without stretching the storyline unnecessarily. Same could be said for series like The Event or Surface which should have been sci-fi mini series instead of full season series. People who like this series should take a look at 28 Weeks Later and Carriers, 2 good movies.
                Spoiler:
                there were some clichéd, deja vu parts like the main character waking up in a hospital bed obvlivious to what is going on, that came straight out of 28 days later which took it straight from the day of the triffids. However I did not find it bothersome because it wasn't cheasy, it didn't feel like a rip off but more like a hommage to the genre or something.
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                  that would indeed be great, and I suspect they will explore how the characters all fared during the onset of the zombie apocalypse at some point. It would be a wasted opportunity to not do it at all. The scenes where unsuspecting characters going on with their daily business one moment then find themselves smack in the middle of a zombie apocalypse the next are always cool parts of zombie flicks .

Spoiler:
                  there were some clichéd, deja vu parts like the main character waking up in a hospital bed obvlivious to what is going on, that came straight out of 28 days later which took it straight from the day of the triffids. However I did not find it bothersome because it wasn't cheasy, it didn't feel like a rip off but more like a hommage to the genre or something.
                  I said it's a bit deja vu, but not so much in a bad way. Its possible to retell the same kind of story more than a couple of time. Still, while it's fun to see people deal with the death of their loves one or companions. Grief and crying always make good TV. This should be only a mini-series. Other sci-fi thriller like The Event or Surface should also have been mini series. If not the plot development will begin to be slow and the situation with the grief and stuff, redundant. The last episode was not my favorite one, but I was certainly glad they left their camping area for some new situation.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I really can't wait for Sunday night. I am sad this is the end of the season, but I really want to see what happens next.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This worries me
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm not overly worried about it. I'm confident in Frank Darabont's ability as showrunner, and I believe that bringing in freelancers could be a good way of keeping the writing fresh.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          I was a bit disappointed when I heard The walking dead was not intended to be a mini-series. A complete story with a beginning a middle and an end but instead they would stretch the storylines as long as possible to make a few more bucks. How many more times can we see people crying over their dead love ones? I just heard this week that this was intended to be a full series and not a miniseries.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            I was a bit disappointed when I heard The walking dead was not intended to be a mini-series.
                            Well....yeah. That's not what The Walking Dead is. The creator of the comic has always seen it as "what happens after the zombie movie ends?"
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I finally caught up with episode 5, although it was slower than past episodes I still loved it! Especially the ending....
                              Spoiler:
                              even if it kinda sucked that it appears there is only one person in the CDC. I'm glad Andrea wasn't eaten by her sister.
                              Dale is becoming one of my favorite characters.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                That is surprising to me, but I have faith in him. I think he knows what he is doing.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X