This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Probably budget-related. An ongoing series about zombies isn't exactly a sure then, and you can tell that the production quality of the show is very very high.
    Alternatively, each "season" could be following an arc in the comic. Each story arc wasn't that long in the comics, maybe 10 books at the most, and it'd be hard to pad out a season to a full 20+ episode set without deviating from the source material wildly.

Unlikely, but throwing it out there.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I really can't wait until the next new episode.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That's usually how I feel as soon as an episode ends
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I don't know about you guys, but I really can't wait until the next new episode.
          We get a new episode tonight Well it's new to us
          sigpic

Comment

Its a shame they only planned on 6 episodes in the beginning, the hiatus is going to suck a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              That's usually how I feel as soon as an episode ends
              Same here. This show is one that definitely leaves you wanting more.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Linda, you are not alone, I can't even get it where I live. I have to find alternative methods. I will probably most likely buy the DVD or Blu-Ray when it comes out though.

I really liked last weeks episode.

Spoiler:
                About Buddy digging; I took it to mean that he was digging graves because he is some kind precog. He knew people from camp were going to die, if not who. Maybe because he is so messed up he either didn't remember it or didn't believe his dream.

Seeing that there are only two episodes left, I have no idea how this season will end. It almost doesn't seem like a season, but a miniseries.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Wonder if that redneck brought those zombies to the camp, probably lured them there.

I hope there's some hint of some major arc in sight. They should start building some stakes around their camp or some early warning indicators.

Comment

Or move to the compound in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      Or move to the compound in the city.
                      That seems like a smart move. More manpower wouldn't hurt, that is for sure.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        That seems like a smart move. More manpower wouldn't hurt, that is for sure.
                        Spoiler:
                        yes but they main character was convinced that they were doomed to die there. They kinda remembered me of those dictatorial survivalist camps trying to hang on to mainland UK in the Day of the Triffids.
                        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          They're not going to punk him out like that! They can't!

But then again, I doubt a child capping a cop in the head will be taken too kindly by censors, even if it is justified.
                          Shows on cable are self censored to increase the amount of audiences who can watch it. This way you can gather the entire family to watch the Walking Dead. There isn't anyone watching over the networks and them telling them you can't curse or show T&A, which is ironic because the first show on cable to do that would generate alot of publicity much in the way NYPD Blue did back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                            Shows on cable are self censored to increase the amount of audiences who can watch it. This way you can gather the entire family to watch the Walking Dead. There isn't anyone watching over the networks and them telling them you can't curse or show T&A, which is ironic because the first show on cable to do that would generate alot of publicity much in the way NYPD Blue did back in the day.
                            Eh? Have you seen the show? It opens with a child zombie getting it's head blown off. I think they can get away with most things in terms of violence on the show.

Comment

I can't wait to see tonight's episode. I will be starting it very shortly.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Another episode that just blew by. I didn't even notice it was almost over until

Spoiler:
                                I looked at the time when the guy at the CDC first appeared. Did anyone catch his name, by the way?
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X