Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt episode 4 was a clear step down from the very high standard the previous 3 episodes have set.

Spoiler:
    The nursing home reveal was pretty random, the sisters in the boat and the guy digging weren't very good character drama scenes and the zombie attack at the end seemed completely random. I just don't think this episode fitted together as well as the others.
    Last edited by jasminaGo; 22 November 2010, 08:23 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Comment

Interesting episode, it had its good and bad points.

Following Merls trail was funny. I wonder whats actually happened to him, considering he probably took the van.

Spoiler:
      The gang in the care home was a bit silly tbh. It just seemed to be placed at an awkward moment. Not to mention the boat scene, instant boredom on the entertainment meter.

The zombie attack was fun to watch, damn those shotguns are loud. Proper zombie killing action. Although why Andrea didn't shoot her sister in the head immediately after she died i don't know. It's just beyond careless and stupid, regardless of emotions.

I hope things pick up in the next two episodes, as it's been going up and down since the pilot imo. I want the plot to be moving along a bit tbh. Theres only so many sitting around a campfire scenes you can do.
      Last edited by jasminaGo; 22 November 2010, 08:23 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Not long to wait now before the next thrilling episode. Just about an hour left. I know I can't wait for it to start.
        For you maybe, some of us have to wait till Friday
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          For you maybe, some of us have to wait till Friday
          Sucks to be you, i mean *puts on sincere face* I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            Sucks to be you, i mean *puts on sincere face* I'm sorry for your loss.
            uh huh,
            Last edited by Linda06; 22 November 2010, 12:00 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              It was indeed unfortunate that they did that boat scene. Although it was the set up for the fish feast which caused them to let down their guard (nobody appeared to be watching the camp because of it) - plus I guess they wanted to give the hot young blonde girl a nice scene before her rather less ceremonious sendoff. It's a cryin' shame though that they didn't feature a mass of zombies jumping off that cliff into the clear blue water flailing towards the sisters in the boat. A damned shame. A wasted opportunity that will never come again

Spoiler:
              The attack on the zombie camp was kick ass and it took some balls to kill off those characters. Really gives you the feeling that nobody is safe. Especially since I think I saw the z's clip some main characters that are still walking around so far... indeed unfortunate that the prettiest girl of the camp died, but such is life I'm sure there are still some other hot damsels in distress inside the TWD universe!

Spoiler:
              That such an attack on the camp would happen was very predictable, I honestly would expect that putting up some Z defences would be the first on their list instead of laying back in their barca loungers... it was pretty obvious to me that that sun stroked guy was frantically trying to dig a moat/trenches. I would have really expected some work on this from day one + an attempt at a stockade (it's not THAT hard or labour intensive as it needn't have covered a very wide area, just a little stronghold to hold off a surprise assault). Darwinistically speaking the people who have survived by now should contain the more paranoid never at ease type of folks... yet these guys...

Finally I leave you with a random thought that popped into my head as the main action was going on...

Spoiler:
              I wonder if Merle somehow tricked those zombies to follow him in the truck or somehow got them into the truck (e.g. by throwing some bloody meat at the back of it).
              Last edited by Wayston; 22 November 2010, 12:52 PM.
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Spoiler:
                I don't think the sister is dead/gone, she is in the cast photo, could be wrong but I don't think so

Comment

That's not unheard-of though. Indira Varma was in all the promotional photos when Torchwood was launching, but her character died in the first episode.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm fully caught up with The Walking Dead, gosh this show is so great! I hope Andrea
                    Spoiler:
                    doesn't get eaten by her sister
                    . I like Laurie Holden and well her characters in
                    Spoiler:
                    Silent Hill and The Mist had a bad ending .

Comment

Her character in The X-Files didn't exactly have the best go of it either
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Her character in The X-Files didn't exactly have the best go of it either

Comment

I thought last nights episode was really good. I loved the reveal with
                          Spoiler:
                          the nursing home. I am glad there was more to those guys.
                          I thought this was every bit as good as the other 3 episodes. I really can't wait until next Sunday. It is such a shame that there are only 2 episodes left in this season.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*pouts* I hate being behind
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              That such an attack on the camp would happen was very predictable, I honestly would expect that putting up some Z defences would be the first on their list instead of laying back in their barca loungers... it was pretty obvious to me that that sun stroked guy was frantically trying to dig a moat/trenches. I would have really expected some work on this from day one + an attempt at a stockade (it's not THAT hard or labour intensive as it needn't have covered a very wide area, just a little stronghold to hold off a surprise assault). Darwinistically speaking the people who have survived by now should contain the more paranoid never at ease type of folks... yet these guys...
                              Spoiler:
                              I thought he was digging graves...to serve as foreshadowing.

But I do agree that they should have had some kind of perimeter set up. They could have strung rope around the area and tied stuff to it that would have made noise...as an early warning system. For a smaller area have parked their vehicles in a way to serve as an immediate barrier.

I figured this attack on camp was coming and that they seemed to be rather lazy about camp security. Plus the show needed to knock off some people.

Still enjoyed the ep though.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

I wonder how closely the TV series will follow the comics.

Spoiler:
                                Have there been any word on casting calls for the Henschel gang?

Spoiler:
                                And how much longer does Shane have? I'd be very surprised if he makes it out of S1 alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X