Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fracking love this show! I have read a few of the GNs, but not that many. So far it seems to be sticking to it, with the exception of some of the drama (like Lori). I planned on reading them all, but after I watched the first ep it was so amazing I would prefer to watch it that read it.

Spoiler:
    I definitely think Lori and Shane (I think that is Rick's buddy's name) were having an affair before this. I personally could not see sleeping with a man so soon after you think you lost your husband. We know their marriage was having some issues before, and I think that when he got shot (if the crazy zombie stuff didn't happen), she probably would have stopped it. I don't feel sorry for Shane or Lori at all. They made their own bed. I feel sorry for Rick. He risked everything to find his wife and son while his wife bangs his buddy. Poor dude. If Lori wasn't cheating before, then I would feel a bit bad for her as well.

I really couldn't watch the poor horse getting eaten. That was just too sad. I am not a huge fan of gore, but I absolutely love zombie movies (the well done ones anyway). It is sometimes a bit too nasty for me, but just a tiny bit, I turned my head during the horse scene and when they were butchering the 'Organ Donor", that was some sick sh!t. But my husband loves the gore, he says the more the better, lol.

I wish there was more than 6 episodes this season. Why couldn't they just do 13?!
    sigpic

Comment

DigiFluid, what channel are you watching it on in Canada? My cable provider doesn't have AMC offered, and I can't find it anywhere else. I have been getting it by other means.
      sigpic

Comment

Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
          DigiFluid, what channel are you watching it on in Canada? My cable provider doesn't have AMC offered, and I can't find it anywhere else. I have been getting it by other means.
          I do get AMC (and AMC HD) here, I've been watching it on that. I'm on Shaw Cable in the Vancouver area.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

ThIS SHOW ROCKS

sigpic

Comment

Thanks DigiFluid. I was hoping it might be on another channel. We only have one cable provider here out in the middle of nowhere. If I lived 20 mins south I could get Rogers. Oh well, this is the first time I didn't have a channel I wanted (except UK stations).
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry I didn't have better news for ya
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is a great show. To bad there will only be 6 episodes this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    ThIS SHOW ROCKS

Yes, yes it does.

Curse you AMC for taunting us with only 6 epsiodes though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      Yes, yes it does.

Curse you AMC for taunting us with only 6 epsiodes though.
                      Why only 6? Were they just feeling it out first to see how it goes before making more eps?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Why only 6? Were they just feeling it out first to see how it goes before making more eps?
                        I believe so. I mean no one has tried a zombie tv show before, plus I think it must be quite an expensive show, what with having to fill Atlanta up with zombies and wreckage like helicopters and tanks. But we can look forward to a full 13 episode season next year, it's just annoying that we have to wait that long.

Comment

It's extremely annoying. I wish we had a full season this year. I wonder if after seeing the ratings they are kicking themselves.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            I believe so. I mean no one has tried a zombie tv show before, plus I think it must be quite an expensive show, what with having to fill Atlanta up with zombies and wreckage like helicopters and tanks. But we can look forward to a full 13 episode season next year, it's just annoying that we have to wait that long.
                            What are the ratings like? I imagine they are pretty good if they are going ahead with a second season Yeah it sucks having to wait so long for more eps
                            sigpic

Comment

very good numbers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag...g-dead-ratings

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                                So if I'm reading it right that's 5 million viewers? That is wicked I don't know what the other numbers mean

It's appears to be doing extremely well in the UK too if this site is accurate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X