X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Can I just say after only 2 eps I love this show already
    Same here. I can't wait for tonight's episode.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Zombies are better at climbing chain-link fences than I would have thought possible.
      haha yeah that was a bit weird, imo it's now clearly established that

Spoiler:
      these zombies have some semblance of intelligence and motor skills in them. We've seen that zombie wife trying to open a door, a random zombie taking a brick to punch through the glass in the department store and a zombie climb the fence. In general they also become faster when they see a living human

Spoiler:
      the scenes with the asian guy racing through the zombie invested streets were also a bit of an eyebrow raiser, since his side window was broken and he did come to full stops during the "chase" with zombies right next to his window
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Same here. I can't wait for tonight's episode.
        And you know what else I love about it? When they are say wandering through the street or the woods with their eyes open so they don't get caught out by zombies and it's quiet, they don't use music or at least very little music. I think it gives it more of an effect that way instead of having music blaring out all the time
        sigpic

Comment

Me too.

Nice interview on the AMC blog
          Q&A - Steven Yeun (Glenn)

Also, with "limited commercial interruptions" -

The Walking Dead Catch-up Mini-Marathon Is Tonight Nov. 14 at 8/7c
          AMC will re-air the first two episodes of The Walking Dead followed by the premiere of Episode 3 at 10/9c.
          sigpic

Comment

Love this show, but we have to wait till Friday for each new episode in the Kingdom of Unitedness. I can't even put my finger on what I like about it. It's a sort of zombie drama. There are zombies but I wouldn't say it's about zombies, as such. They're just there to scare you a bit. The real stuff seems to be about the choices people make. There's already a nice amount of friction building up.

Comment

Not long to wait now for the next episode. Only about a half-hour away. I am very excited.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just watching the third episode now. Is anyone else a fan of the 2 season series Survivor? These first episodes of The Walking Dead remind of the start of that post-apocalyptic show. Two seasons were too few so I have hopes that this series will be a fun replacement for now. Only thing that I see different at this point is that I haven't attached to theses characters like I did to Abby, Tom, or Greg.

Comment

Episode 3 "Tell It to the Frogs"

Spoiler:
                  Kind of a strange editing choice to open this week's episode, Francis there having lost it a bit and talking to himself. All I could think while watching that was that it would've made a much better closing scene for the previous episode, and that they could've opened this week's with him struggling to get free. Oh well.

Not a lot going on this week until they set off to rescue Merle, but I didn't really ever find it boring. And I laughed pretty hard at the one lady when she said "I'm beginning to question the division of labour here"

Hell of an ending too. Shane giving Ed exactly what he deserves, and the discovery of "Merle" on the rooftop Can't wait to see when he comes back!
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Another fantastic episode.

Spoiler:
                    I actually started to feel a little sorry for Shane and Merle here. More for the former than the latter, but still. Shane was so... I dunno, fatherly to Carl in the start and with the frog-catching scene, and you could see Lori get that... and then Rick showed up and took that away from the guy. Not saying he's perfect - hell, he's pretty far from it -but the look on his face when Lori told him off and told him to stay away from Carl, not to mention the reaction afterwards, was a subtle and interesting character development.

I mentioned Merle because his ramblings at the start felt genuine, and just as you think he's going to be all "God save me" for another few minutes, he gets ahold of that hacksaw... and BAM! Awesome.

Lori, too, shone a bit. She's not exactly the good guy by any means - the opposite, probably - but there was this distinct walls-closing-in feeling that I could see in her face. Makes me wonder what her story is - was she cheating with Shane before? If so, why? What made her and Rick's marriage go to hell? Was it all her or all him or a mix? I guess we'll find out then.

The hunt for Merle was cool, if only because of the awesome last scene with awesome Bear McCreary music in the background and the fact there were other factors involved with rescuing him - the tools Dale lended T-Bone, Rick's guns, the radio to the man with the son from the pilot (Which I totally forgot about, and was awesome to hear mentioned again).

Glad the minor characters got a shine here. I like Dale, Andrea and Amy, feel sorry for Carol and Sophia, and very much despise that piece of **** Ed. The women laundry scene was an interesting look at the hierarchy that seemed to have developed - unfortunate that they were put into laundry duty right off the bat, but it's a look at something that needed to be looked at... and that vibrator thing was pretty funny.

Character drama in the zombie apocalypse. Still in love here folks.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

This is one hell of a show, 35 minutes in I'm sad there is only 10 minutes left.

Comment

This ep was good. I wouldn't call it slow because damn the hour flew by, but it was a nice ep for developing other characters.
                        Spoiler:

Boy that was a lot of stuff Rick had in that bag. How the heck was he managing to carrying all that (weight wise)? Had totally forgotten about the radio so that was a great reason for him to go back.

Bring on next week's ep. Kinda sucks that there are only 3 eps left. I wonder how soon they will show the second season.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Did anyone else get the vibe that Shane is Carl's father?

Seems weird otherwise that he wanted to play with him so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                            Did anyone else get the vibe that Shane is Carl's father?

Seems weird otherwise that he wanted to play with him so bad.
                            Nah, more like a surrogate. My bet is that he was fooling around with Lori before the apocalypse hit, and had an obligation and got them out of their hometown safely as soon as he could (Telling them Rick was dead in the process). Then, when they settled at camp, he probably took it upon himself to be there while Rick couldn't, especially since he was already plowing Lori, add in a bond with the kid and he might feel better about himself or something. Even after Rick came back, he still wanted to bond with Carl, maybe for himself or maybe to impress Lori enough that she chooses him instead of her actual husband.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I didn't.
                              Spoiler:
                              I just think she told Shane off like she did because of her own guilt (I too think they might have been cheating behind Rick's back before all this), and that she was mad at him for telling her that Rick was dead...which was reasonable to assume so I don't exactly blame Shane for that. I felt kinda sorry for the guy.

Now if she turns up pregnant....
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                Nah, more like a surrogate. My bet is that he was fooling around with Lori before the apocalypse hit, and had an obligation and got them out of their hometown safely as soon as he could (Telling them Rick was dead in the process). Then, when they settled at camp, he probably took it upon himself to be there while Rick couldn't, especially since he was already plowing Lori, add in a bond with the kid and he might feel better about himself or something. Even after Rick came back, he still wanted to bond with Carl, maybe for himself or maybe to impress Lori enough that she chooses him instead of her actual husband.
                                The zombie apocalypse has only been going on a few weeks. I just can't put myself in Shane's shoes, why would you be so adamant about hanging around with the kid when his dad is back - I can understand him pining over Lori but not the kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X