Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expanse on SyFy: Discussion - Spoilers.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bet the dialogue you missed was the "Belter Creole" slang used on Ceres, mainly by Detective Miller, the guy he threatened about the bad air filters, and the prostitute. In a couple of cases Miller explained what was meant to his partner Havelock, the other times it could possibly be guessed from the context of the scene.

Comment

quite looking forward to seeing more of this now, have you noticed how in a lot of sci fi mars and earth dont seem to get along, wonder why its become a common theme

Comment

Didn't catch the pilot streaming, but the wife and I are looking forward to the premiere of this and of Childhood's End (which I remember reading in high school).

Still irked about Defiance.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          Didn't catch the pilot streaming, but the wife and I are looking forward to the premiere of this and of Childhood's End (which I remember reading in high school).

Still irked about Defiance.
          The pilot is still available at syfy.com, and you don't have to sign in to a cable account to watch it. It's also on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvZeQD1Vf2s - and the Wikia - http://expanse.wikia.com/wiki/The_Expanse_Wiki

I've got all three of those running right now in different windows. You do need to be in the US or know how to get around geo-locking.

Comment

Very realistic, compared to Dark Matter and Killjoys. Not that i think it is a bad thing. I like the CGI too

Comment

Not sure how long it will last, but you can now watch the first four episodes at http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/episodes - no cable/satellite login required - and for those who do have Syfy in their cable package, it should also be On Demand.

I watched 3 & 4 last night, and the pace has picked up considerably, but I'm still not sure they can complete the first book's story arc this season. Everyone connected to the show continues to dodge that question.

One particular thing happened that surprised (and angered) me. I won't spoil it, but anyone who has read Cibola Burn will know what I mean when they see it. Then they disappointed me later when they seemed to reverse that action, and it seemed totally illogical and preposterous to do so.

Comment

I've watched up to episode 4 and I really like it so far.
                sigpic

Comment

I will watch episode 4 sometime tonight probably. Episode 3 was fantastic.

Syfy has really stepped up. I hope there is a second season because so far I'm digging it.
                  sigpic

Comment

NO SPOILERS

So, I read through all the books when I heard about this show and I really enjoyed them.

My thoughts on the show so far;

Episode 1 was a bit dense for my liking - had I not read the books it may have been a massive WTF. But in terms of production value - wow.

I've just seen Episode 2 and my awe at the production value continues. It is so good to see some real money being spent on this show.

I do agree that the audio mastering feels a little off (and no - not just when they're mumbling belter creole). Feels like they could really do with pushing the voice track up a notch across the board.

Looking forward to Episode 3 and 4 this weekend (thanks Comcast leak)

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      I will watch episode 4 sometime tonight probably. Episode 3 was fantastic.

Syfy has really stepped up. I hope there is a second season because so far I'm digging it.
                      I read something earlier this year that indicated this had already got a 2 season (or second season) order, it could have been wrong, or someone adding 2+2 and getting 5, it was one of those cancel/renewal type sites.

I've not read the books and the first episode was a bit 'what is going on here?' But the general story is beginning to evolve I wasn't a fan initially but the series is growing on me.

Comment

Technically speaking, I don't think it has officially been given a second season, but Syfy did ask for more scripts, so it is obvious they liked what they had already seen. It's getting a lot of positive buzz, and I don't think they are worried too much about ratings at this point, since they've made it readily available online and On Demand so far, so another season seems very likely.

Comment

Episode 4 was amazing i really like this series now

Also i can't help but feel reminded of the citidel from mass effect when on ceres station, which makes me smile

Last of all, i love the effects on this show, Dark Matter should take note for season 2
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

Last of all, i love the effects on this show, Dark Matter should take note for season 2
                            I think that is a bit unfair since Dark Matter (and Killjoys, for that matter) have only a fraction of the budget. That sequence in The Expanse with

Spoiler:
                            The doctor's headless body gently losing blood through the vacuum and then forming into a ball when the vacuum is closed

was easily more impressive than most of the CG used on nearly all other Syfy projects.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                              I think that is a bit unfair since Dark Matter (and Killjoys, for that matter) have only a fraction of the budget. That sequence in The Expanse with

Spoiler:
                              The doctor's headless body gently losing blood through the vacuum and then forming into a ball when the vacuum is closed

was easily more impressive than most of the CG used on nearly all other Syfy projects.
                              that is merely one example of this shows impressive use of CGI (especially in ep4), i know that was abit unfair BUT these are the same guys behind STARGATE, we should expect better from them im not saying i didnt like Dark Matter i did, however the low effects kinda bugged me at times
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

so far, it's confusing dark, and runs all over with a theme that gets lost in different stories. I don't care for it, will try to understand the show, but I like going on a ride, not having to think...
                                My Story:
                                http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Working...
                                X