Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expanse on SyFy: Discussion - Spoilers.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so far I could drop it and not miss this show... bleh!
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

This is my favorite show airing on tv right now (and it's also becoming one of my overall favorite shows). I really love it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        This is my favorite show airing on tv right now (and it's also becoming one of my overall favorite shows). I really love it.
        Same here. I'm currently watching quite a few others, but none of them excite me as much as The Expanse. Last night's was the best so far.

Comment

Next week is already the season finale....

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
            Next week is already the season finale....
            At least it's two hours.

Comment

I worry a bit about season 2... Caliban's War felt like a bit of a filler book, certainly didn't progress the main story arc of the books very much and didn't do a great deal to build the characters either.

If Syfy can keep an audience into season 3 then I think we may get to the good stuff but I do worry it'll get canned before we learn what the weird goo stuff is up to and where it came from...

Comment

Originally posted by Katch View Post
                I worry a bit about season 2... Caliban's War felt like a bit of a filler book, certainly didn't progress the main story arc of the books very much and didn't do a great deal to build the characters either.

If Syfy can keep an audience into season 3 then I think we may get to the good stuff but I do worry it'll get canned before we learn what the weird goo stuff is up to and where it came from...
                Knowing the book authors are largely involved and based on a number of comments here they haven't shied away from changes, I wouldn't fear too much.

(But I haven't read the books, so take this comment with a grain of salt.)

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                  Same here. I'm currently watching quite a few others, but none of them excite me as much as The Expanse. Last night's was the best so far.
                  I'm also watching quite a few shows right now, but this one is my favorite. I loved this week's episode, and I can't until next week.
                  sigpic

Comment

There's no way they can finish the first book in the remaining two episodes. Only if condensed to one episode of Eros, and one episode of not spoiling it here... But that would leave out lots of good material.
                    sigpic

Comment

Syfy will be repeating the first eight episodes on Tuesday, beginning at 6:30am, US CENTRAL Standard Time, concluding at 2:30. Then they're running three movies before getting to the two hour season finale at 9pm, to be repeated at midnight. I may tune in to a few of those episodes during the day, but definitely not the early ones. I'm not working, and rarely get up before 8. Besides, I've seen the pilot about eight times already, and the others at least three times each, plus I've pre-ordered the Blu-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                        There's no way they can finish the first book in the remaining two episodes. Only if condensed to one episode of Eros, and one episode of not spoiling it here... But that would leave out lots of good material.
                        They've left out other parts already, including Havelock leaving Ceres and getting a job with a certain company that shall not be named, and him relaying info to Miller.

Comment

I think I've decided upon one big factor which is making it difficult to watch this show.

The photography in this thing sucks. Garish lighting, extremely high contrast and in general what I consider "artsy" photography, which makes it very difficult to see details and sometimes even entire scenes shot in "space". And I'm not watching on a cheap POS either, I've got one of the top rated plasma sets on the market.

Yes, yes, I know. Photography students are taught that high contrast is cool. Who cares if it interferes with the telling of the story? I'm 24 min. into the season finale as I write this, an interior scene, and it's so damned dark you can't even recognize who is in the shot.

Comment

Maybe your set is not as good as you think. I've got a decent LG LED TV, a Sony TV for my computer monitor, and an Acer laptop, and a Kindle Fire tablet. I've watched it on all of those devices at various times and never had a problem.

Comment

I don't seem to have any issues with other shows.
                              And I've used both the THX stuff on Lucas's bd as well as the Disney WOW BD to set up the picture. So I don't think it's the TV

Comment

I didn't have a problem seeing details or anything during the space scenes or any other scene. But I usually never have problems seeing things on tv shows or movies when other people complain about things being too dark or badly lit or whatever. I'm near-sighted though, and I don't like using my glasses for watching tv (I only use them when I drive), so I sit relatively close to the tv when I watch it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X