The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    I have to say, I never noticed it either.....but I'm also not a dude. They all seem to dress the same to me, don't they have jackets on a lot of the time?
    Most of the characters do wear jackets much of the time. But rarely do you see Clarke covering her chest up with anything. Which, is fine, if she's that type of girl. But she's not. She's smart, tough,well respected by her peers and easily able to stand toe to toe with just about anyone. She doesn't need to flash cleavage to get her way. It is so out of place with her character, which is why it stands out.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      If that girl isn't wearing a push-up, then her boobs still think they're in a zero gravity environment.
      She's obviously wearing a bra, but it doesn't look like she's wearing a push-up bra, she's just well endowed in that area and since she's pretty young she wouldn't really be saggy lol.

This is what a woman showing too much cleavage to be practical looks like to me (she's wearing a push-up corset type thing):
      http://www.imdb.com/media/rm24039124...mi_mi_nm_sf_21

This is Clarke:
      http://www.imdb.com/media/rm19276618...mi_mi_nm_sf_22
      http://www.imdb.com/media/rm24343861...mi_mi_nm_sf_17
      http://www.imdb.com/media/rm30185779...mi_mi_all_sf_3
      http://www.imdb.com/media/rm16359746...i_mi_all_sf_17

She doesn't look like the type of girl who's flashing her cleavage to get her way, she's dressed like a normal young woman to me, and her shirt doesn't seem to be any more low cut than the other women, she just has bigger breasts than most of the others so they're more noticeable to some (IMO).
      Last edited by VampyreWraith; 25 January 2015, 08:22 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        She's obviously wearing a bra, but it doesn't look like she's wearing a push-up bra, she's just well endowed in that area and since she's pretty young she wouldn't really be saggy lol.

This is what a woman showing too much cleavage to be practical looks like to me (she's wearing a push-up corset type thing):
        http://www.imdb.com/media/rm24039124...mi_mi_nm_sf_21

This is Clarke:
        http://www.imdb.com/media/rm19276618...mi_mi_nm_sf_22
        http://www.imdb.com/media/rm24343861...mi_mi_nm_sf_17
        http://www.imdb.com/media/rm30185779...mi_mi_all_sf_3
        http://www.imdb.com/media/rm16359746...i_mi_all_sf_17

She doesn't look like the type of girl who's flashing her cleavage to get her way, she's dressed like a normal young woman to me, and her shirt doesn't seem to be any more low cut than the other women, she just has bigger breasts than most of the others so they're more noticeable to some (IMO).
        Yes, she more well endowed in this area than most. But there are many well endowed women who don't flash the amount of boobage Clarke Does. Lynda Carter, in the 70's "Wonder Woman" series is a good example. Lynda was far larger than Eliza ever thought of being. Aside from the Wonder Woman costume, when she was in ordinary clothes her breasts weren't even noticeable.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned to the extent that this is something I notice, but I just think in the circumstances the character lives in, more modesty would be appropriate. But I'm sure its great for drawing young male viewers the advertisers focus upon.

Comment

They're all wearing the clothes they had while they were on the Ark. Even if she wanted to dress more conservatively, Clarke doesn't exactly have the opportunity to go to the mall and shop for appropriate business attire or more conservative clothing, just because she's been put in a leadership position right now. Maybe once they deal with Mt. Weather, Clarke can go rummage through their stuff and try to find something more conservative to wear (but I still don't think she's dressed immodestly right now).
          sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to think that Clarke studied "kicking @$$ and not bothering with the names" under Sarah Connor.

Comment

She may well have!

Comment

Okay I have to ask because I'm somewhat baffled and getting downright annoyed at times. What is with all this Bellarke carry on? Almost every time The 100 facebook page posts something there's comments about Bellarke. Even when neither of them are in the photos that are posted. "Give us Bellarke" "If they don't give us Bellarke I'll stop watching" etc etc. I know the UK are a little behind, we've just had s2ep8. Did I miss an episode somewhere, or does something happen that explains this? Or is it some people wanting something that simply isn't there? It's starting to get annoying going into the comments and seeing all the we want Bellarke comments. and who thought up the name mash thing? It's becoming annoying these days.

I seem to get annoyed quite easily these days.
                sigpic

Comment

Bellarke something that some people want, they're just good friends on the show so far. All the Bellarke talk (or really any kind of obsessive shipping of characters) is the main reason I avoid social media and articles related to this show (and other shows with extremely vocal shippers demanding that their pairing happen). I personally don't want to see Bellarke happen, but I wouldn't hate it or anything, if they got together towards the end of the series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bellarke something that some people want, they're just good friends on the show so far. All the Bellarke talk (or really any kind of obsessive shipping of characters) is the main reason I avoid social media and articles related to this show (and other shows with extremely vocal shippers demanding that their pairing happen). I personally don't want to see Bellarke happen, but I wouldn't hate it or anything, if they got together towards the end of the series.
                    Ah okay. I thought I missed something somewhere. I'm on the brink of unliking The 100 page. I'm tired of going into it and seeing every post with Bellarke Bellarke Bellarke all the bloody time. I like the show the way it is the now with all the action and very little romance so far. I hope they keep it that way. I mean they don't have to pair up their 2 main characters all the time. They can just be friends. It's quite tiresome. And let's face it, most writers suck at it anyways so they're better leaving well enough alone.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Ah okay. I thought I missed something somewhere. I'm on the brink of unliking The 100 page. I'm tired of going into it and seeing every post with Bellarke Bellarke Bellarke all the bloody time. I like the show the way it is the now with all the action and very little romance so far. I hope they keep it that way. I mean they don't have to pair up their 2 main characters all the time. They can just be friends. It's quite tiresome. And let's face it, most writers suck at it anyways so they're better leaving well enough alone.
                      I completely agree. Clarke was involved in two love triangles last season (Wells/Clarke/Finn and Clarke/Finn/Raven). I really like that this season got rid of that. I really don't think that Clarke needs a new love interest right at the moment, and if she does get one, I hope that it's not Bellamy. I really wish they'd just leave them as friends. It's so rare for a show to have the good looking male and female main leads just remain really good friends, without trying to hook them up together at some point.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a rule. Shippers are nuts. Shippers see chemistry in the smallest thing. Some of them are way out that make no sense. I use to love W13. Their were people who shipped Claudia and Artie. That is sickening. The point is just because some crazy fans think something is there doesn't mean it will. Clarke does not seem Belamy like that and I don't she ever will. Look at how much they hated each other in the first half of S1. Mt. Weather has helped build a friendship but given what has happened to Finn, Clarke is too jaded at this point
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Reading through comments on social media and in articles/interviews made by really aggressive shippers insisting that Charlie and Monroe become a couple on Revolution last season, made me decide stay away from those sorts of things in the future, so that I could enjoy the shows I was watching (especially when at one point, the showrunner actually tried to tease that something would be happening between the two during an episode late in the season, nothing actually happened on the show though, and they actually made it even more disturbing for the two to be together lol).
                          sigpic

Comment

I completely agree. Clarke was involved in two love triangles last season (Wells/Clarke/Finn and Clarke/Finn/Raven). I really like that this season got rid of that. I really don't think that Clarke needs a new love interest right at the moment, and if she does get one, I hope that it's not Bellamy. I really wish they'd just leave them as friends. It's so rare for a show to have the good looking male and female main leads just remain really good friends, without trying to hook them up together at some point.
                            Spoiler:
                            With the Kiss she shared with Lexa, some of those Bellarks are going to be peeved!

Comment

I had to think who Wells was. I remember now.Agreed. I like things the way they are. Plus Clarke has bigger things to worry about. And like you said, if she does then I hope it's not a main character. They don't always have to hook up with male/female leads all the time. They can be just friends.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I have a rule. Shippers are nuts. Shippers see chemistry in the smallest thing. Some of them are way out that make no sense. I use to love W13. Their were people who shipped Claudia and Artie. That is sickening. The point is just because some crazy fans think something is there doesn't mean it will. Clarke does not seem Belamy like that and I don't she ever will. Look at how much they hated each other in the first half of S1. Mt. Weather has helped build a friendship but given what has happened to Finn, Clarke is too jaded at this point
                              Ya got that right Jel. I asked once where this was coming from and someone said "what? Didn't you see the hug?". I thought to myself, well yeah. It was a hug. You know, like I'm glad I didn't fry you to a crisp hug. Sheesh!!!

Wait! Claudia/Artie? Are you serious? That is disturbing. He was like a father to her. And there was the whole Myka/Pete thing they actually did do that came out of the blue which proves some writers completly suck at the whole romance angle.

Bellamy did betray them in the first season to save his own butt. I don't think she's quite forgotten that. I see them as reluctant friends which is turning into good friends after he helped her save the others. But nothing more. And I hope it stays that way.

Reading through comments on social media and in articles/interviews made by really aggressive shippers insisting that Charlie and Monroe become a couple on Revolution last season, made me decide stay away from those sorts of things in the future, so that I could enjoy the shows I was watching (especially when at one point, the showrunner actually tried to tease that something would be happening between the two during an episode late in the season, nothing actually happened on the show though, and they actually made it even more disturbing for the two to be together lol).
                              Charlie/Monroe. Really? After he got her Father and Brother killed, kidnapped her mother and tried to kill them? Are people insane?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              With the Kiss she shared with Lexa, some of those Bellarks are going to be peeved!
                              I heard about that. We've not had that episode yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah, I'm sure didn't go over well with some of them.

I had to think who Wells was. I remember now.Agreed. I like things the way they are. Plus Clarke has bigger things to worry about. And like you said, if she does then I hope it's not a main character. They don't always have to hook up with male/female leads all the time. They can be just friends.
                                Agree

Charlie/Monroe. Really? After he got her Father and Brother killed, kidnapped her mother and tried to kill them? Are people insane?
                                Yeah, and it wasn't even a crack-ship or whatever, where people thought that putting them together in fan-fiction or something, would be funny for some reason. They apparently had amazing chemistry and their scenes in season 2 were really hot (even that one brief scene in season 1 where he threw her in a prison cell showed that they had chemistry). And apparently Monroe was just misunderstood and not really responsible for anything he did during the first season, because he never wanted anyone dead, even though he was trying to have them killed for an entire season. Some even said that since season 2 was a bit different than season 1, what happened in season 1 shouldn't be considered canon. Even if the characters had "chemistry" not all chemistry is automatically romantic or should lead to a romantic relationship in a show.
                                Last edited by VampyreWraith; 26 February 2015, 12:38 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X