What everyone is thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hohenzollern View Post
    Of course in producing the show...having the props I mentioned is more FX money but damn...if I have to put up with "whiny spielbergian kids" I want a properly planned colony.
    Granted the colony is new, and they have time to do these things. Millions of years before the KT impact. They could be as the Ancients by the time that comes around...cruising the Galaxy.
    I would like to see us become the Ancients lol
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by BuddTX View Post
      Ditto!

The colony should not look like a summer camp, unless they explain why they have such a flimsly fortress.

While I am glad they are portraying positive family values, and showing a happily married couple, at times I feel like TN is more like a soap opera then a SciFi series. My standard for any new SciFi series is Battlestar Galactia (2004-2009). BG grabbed you from the very first scene, and never let go (for the most part). TN is interesting and fun to watch, but "easy on the brain". You can watch it while doing other things, and not miss much.

And, is their only mission "to multiply?"

Also, maybe I missed this, so someone please tell me if I missed something about the "static wormhole". I think we establisted after episode three that they can communicate back and forth, but can they travel both ways?

Overall, very enjoyable, but lets have less "puppy love" and less homelife, and more hard core SciFi action, adventure and overall SciFi content.
      They still got some building to do before they start multiplying. They'll need to annex a whole section of some continent and build, build, build, exterminate the predators (in that one area), start domesticating dinos., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddTX View Post
        Ditto!

The colony should not look like a summer camp, unless they explain why they have such a flimsly fortress.
        It has only been seven years and they kind of have to do everything by hand, plus they are trying to do things better such as using wood etc instead of ripping the land apart for metal.

While I am glad they are portraying positive family values, and showing a happily married couple, at times I feel like TN is more like a soap opera then a SciFi series. My standard for any new SciFi series is Battlestar Galactia (2004-2009). BG grabbed you from the very first scene, and never let go (for the most part). TN is interesting and fun to watch, but "easy on the brain". You can watch it while doing other things, and not miss much.

And, is their only mission "to multiply?"
        No their mission is to redo civilisation better and not screw the planet up.

Also, maybe I missed this, so someone please tell me if I missed something about the "static wormhole". I think we establisted after episode three that they can communicate back and forth, but can they travel both ways?
        It has been said that it is one way travel but communication can happen both ways when the portal is open.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Same. The characters aren't endearing enough to pull off an episodic show in my view. They need to get some interesting arcs going.
          Agreed.

As far as a sentient species co-existing with the Terra Novans, I hope that does not happen. All I can think of is Sleestaks from the '70s television series. Hmm ... no thanks.

I would like to see the start of attempts to domesticate some Cretaceous species. Domestication, even if it is goosed with genetic tinkering, will take many years. I imagine the Terra Novans working towards domesticating some species as a food source. I imagine the Sixers working towards domesticating some species as guard animals. I think the Sixers can use all the help they can get with guarding against attacks by dinosaurs, or Terra Novans.

I'd be surprised if, after seven years someone at Terra Nova, or one of the Sixers, hasn't already found a baby critter, and tried to raise it as a pet. And then, possibly got their face eaten off by the baby when it grew up.
          My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
            I'd be surprised if, after seven years someone at Terra Nova, or one of the Sixers, hasn't already found a baby critter, and tried to raise it as a pet. And then, possibly got their face eaten off by the baby when it grew up.
            That happens all the time with Pit Bulls. Don't need a Cretaceous reference for that.

Comment

From a practical standpoint, they need to build really large freezers. There is plenty of meat on the hoof. They could start using some of the big boys for draft animals though.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                No my understanding is while they can communicate with the future(2149) they can't back once they've come through the wormhole hence why Jim Shannon wasn't followed and carted back to jail in 2149.
                Like a star gate you can go though it on the side that opens it but radio waves can go both ways when it is open.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                  Like a star gate you can go though it on the side that opens it but radio waves can go both ways when it is open.
                  Sounds like a reasonable conclusion...
                  sigpic

Comment

This definitely sounds like how the Ancients came about. Millions of years ago, Use of Wormholes gives them ideas to get back but only find it to go to different points in space woooo SG is reborn
                    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam View Post
                      This definitely sounds like how the Ancients came about. Millions of years ago, Use of Wormholes gives them ideas to get back but only find it to go to different points in space woooo SG is reborn
                      as long as TPTW aren't involved that isn't a bad idea

Comment

Thus far, my wife and I are really enjoying this show. We look forward to it every Monday night.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Thus far, my wife and I are really enjoying this show. We look forward to it every Monday night.
                          As am I.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            As am I.
                            Me too. One thing i like is that some of the basic premises sound like Stargate, for me at least. The wormhole like portal, the one way travel two way communication, the 85 million year travel which coincides, more or less, with the ancients arriving. The strugle to rebuild in a new place because home "planet" destroyed by greed, development, polution, like many civs in Stargate. The flee of our civs much like the ancients fleeing Atlantis. Hell yeah, my kind of show.
                            sigpic
                            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I've been watching the show from the beginning. I find it to be an interesting idea. I hope Fox has left behind its' tendency to kill science fiction shows.
                              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                              Individuality is freedom lived.
                              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                                I've been watching the show from the beginning. I find it to be an interesting idea. I hope Fox has left behind its' tendency to kill science fiction shows.
                                Thats nothing more then hyperbole started by angry fans. Any network will cancel low rated shows
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X