Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    Someone could have pushed it through, or charged their batteries enough so they could be driven through. I don't think it was a case of stuff falling, but Jim just running through and stumbling as he came through the other side, like early Stargate.
    A minute before he ran through the voice from the Information speakers said: "Disoriantation is to be expected". I just thought it was cool that he could keep running through the transfer.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Vehicles don't tend to get disorientated

Also, yes it is a huge presumption that it's an AU. because a volcanic eruption or massive earthquake, or heck the extinction event meteor could have destroyed it.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        The girl said that they sent the probe back...and when they searched for it in modern time (as in the characters' modern time) they couldn't find it. Because they couldn't find it...that means it went to an alternate reality Earth. So, it would seem that, if anything, the probe made the alternate time line.
        Or Mr Fruitcake commander disable the signal as part of a plan to reshape the future.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          A minute before he ran through the voice from the Information speakers said: "Disoriantation is to be expected". I just thought it was cool that he could keep running through the transfer.
          Which brings me back to early Stargate, that travel through the rift/portal/whatever causes the person to become disorientated by the journey. They'd just to make sure that each vehicle being driven through has enough clearing on the other side not to hit anything, and enough time is given for the driver to adjust and move it out the way for the next arrival.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Vehicles don't tend to get disorientated

Also, yes it is a huge presumption that it's an AU. because a volcanic eruption or massive earthquake, or heck the extinction event meteor could have destroyed it.
            My friend's car gets disoriented all the time. He always has trouble finding where he's supposed to go!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              Or Mr Fruitcake commander disable the signal as part of a plan to reshape the future.
              I think the commander disabled the probe.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                I think the commander disabled the probe.
                Why do you think this?
                sigpic

Comment

I would suspect the commander of tampering if his desire to 'fix' the future was enough that he'd perpetrate the 'it's an alternate tmeline so nothing we do matters' fallacy so that he could get his chance to fix his own future (even if his future is millions of the years in the future, he'd be trying to save humans from destroying the planet)

it'd be in line with his opening speech, how the future was messed up by humans.

sigpic

Comment

I would suspect the commander of tampering if his desire to 'fix' the future was enough that he'd perpetrate the 'it's an alternate tmeline so nothing we do matters' fallacy so that he could get his chance to fix his own future (even if his future is millions of the years in the future, he'd be trying to save humans from destroying the planet)

it'd be in line with his opening speech, how the future was messed up by humans.
                    I can see this...
                    sigpic

Comment

While interesting, I do think they have to be in a completely different time line (AU) just like they have stated, otherwise it really f's things up and in theory should erase their past (Earth's future).

Say they are still in the same time line that they originally came from. Giving humans a huge jump start on polluting the planet seems like a surefire way to make sure your future doesn't exist at all because they will have already created this polluted Earth millions of years before the point in time they left from. While they may go back with good intentions, there is no way that that would carry forward for generations to come. I'm certainly not one of those anti-human types, but there are plenty of people that are pigs...as evident by the amount of trash that litters roadways, etc.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        Giving humans a huge jump start on polluting the planet seems like a surefire way to make sure your future doesn't exist at all because they will have already created this polluted Earth millions of years before the point in time they left from. While they may go back with good intentions, there is no way that that would carry forward for generations to come. I'm certainly not one of those anti-human types, but there are plenty of people that are pigs...as evident by the amount of trash that litters roadways, etc.
                        Lots of the early pollution came from us making things as cheap as possible for as many people as possible and not worrying about how much pollution you put out which Terra Nova does not seem to have. Also their vehicles run on batteries (as evident by the use of power cells) instead of fuel. They get a bunch of materials shipped in from the future so they dont have to have industrial processes.

Plus the fact that they only send ~100 people per year gives them time to make sure they have enough resources for them instead of taking as much as they could for 50,000 people who show up at once.

Comment

Think of all the pollution that could be avoided if we redid the past and skipped all the fossil fuels. We 'undo' a century of CO2 emissions by going straight to solar and wind. No coal, no oil, no gas cars.

Make everything recyclable and you have no landfills. Never use paper and you save tons of trees.

You use the lessons we've learned over the past few decades and we don't make the mistakes again.

sigpic

Comment

Sorta like...if only...what we knew now what we didn't know then. How would things be different, if we could do it all over again?

Wow. That's profound.
                            sigpic
                            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

It's possible that Taylor is thinking that they can't save them all, not all the humans from the future, but maybe enough to change the future for the better.

On the other side of the coin, imagine your wealth if you call dibs on the major diamond and gold deposits? Greed could be the motivator for the 'other side'

sigpic

Comment

The only reason we feel is an alternate future is because they haven't found the probe. All that means is the probe didn't make it, not necessarily the other end is an alternate reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X