No announcement yet.

Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe as soon as Taylor went back it took the universe 118 days/hours to make the new alternate timeline?

I dunno. I'm sure it'll come back up later.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Maybe as soon as Taylor went back it took the universe 118 days/hours to make the new alternate timeline?

I dunno. I'm sure it'll come back up later.
      A wizard did it
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        A wizard did it
        I think it was Dumbledor!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          While I'm not sure how the probe, which went through the rift before Taylor, would fit in that scenario, I love the idea of an alternate time line being created by people going through the rift.
          My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
            While I'm not sure how the probe, which went through the rift before Taylor, would fit in that scenario, I love the idea of an alternate time line being created by people going through the rift.
            The girl said that they sent the probe back...and when they searched for it in modern time (as in the characters' modern time) they couldn't find it. Because they couldn't find it...that means it went to an alternate reality Earth. So, it would seem that, if anything, the probe made the alternate time line.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              The girl said that they sent the probe back...and when they searched for it in modern time (as in the characters' modern time) they couldn't find it. Because they couldn't find it...that means it went to an alternate reality Earth. So, it would seem that, if anything, the probe made the alternate time line.
              I was referring to the idea that Taylor's travel through the rift created the alternate time line, and the result was the 118 day lag before the rest of his team joined him. The probe going through the rift before Taylor, yet being in Terra Nova, would mean that the 118 day lag was not due to Taylor's rift travel creating the time line.

Comment

I was referring to the idea that Taylor's travel through the rift created the alternate time line, and the result was the 118 day lag before the rest of his team joined him. The probe going through the rift before Taylor, yet being in Terra Nova, would mean that the 118 day lag was not due to Taylor's rift travel creating the time line.
                That was my point too
                sigpic

Comment

How about it if 2 new Timelines were created? The first when the Probe arrived, and that Timeline got split again once Taylor arrived.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    How about it if 2 new Timelines were created? The first when the Probe arrived, and that Timeline got split again once Taylor arrived.
                    Nicely done!

Comment

Possibly...but that is just speculation at this point. So far, we only know for sure that one alternate timeline was created. We can presume that others could have possibly been created, but we have no proof of this from the show...yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Possibly...but that is just speculation at this point. So far, we only know for sure that one alternate timeline was created. We can presume that others could have possibly been created, but we have no proof of this from the show...yet.
                        I know, but thats the fun of it, isn´t it?

Edit: I just had a crazy thought. If the next group of People is supposed to come at the Season Finale, maybe someone will go through who splits it for some reason again. Then we would know.
                        Last edited by tomstone; 01 October 2011, 06:50 AM.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

If a new timeline is being created by objects and people going back, then I would presume that that each trip back results in a new timeline being created for each new arrival. The probe would be one branch, Taylor could be two and the rest of his team could be three, followed by 9 additional groups being sent back and that's including any deliveries of supplies and vehicles/their parts.

That's assuming they are even in a new timeline. They assumed a probe would survive 85 million years when it's possible that it's been completely destroyed or buried so far underground it's undetectable.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            If a new timeline is being created by objects and people going back, then I would presume that that each trip back results in a new timeline being created for each new arrival. The probe would be one branch, Taylor could be two and the rest of his team could be three, followed by 9 additional groups being sent back and that's including any deliveries of supplies and vehicles/their parts.

That's assuming they are even in a new timeline. They assumed a probe would survive 85 million years when it's possible that it's been completely destroyed or buried so far underground it's undetectable.
                            I recently watched an Anime called Steins:Gate. It was also about time travel and they had a new version of it. All of these Timelines are running parallel to each other, always with a different Future depending on their split point. The Protagonist of the Series can change Timelines but always at the moment the changing event from the Future occours. The little changes where simply ignored, taking into account that the farther away from the changing point, some things will still occour like they should in the respective Timeline.

This is more or less the point where I get Headaches with thinking about it. The probe itself would not have changed enough to create a seperate Timeline, but then it should have been found. Just saying there is alot of room for interpretation until we know for sure.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

How do vehicles get through the portal. Wouldn't they just fall on the other side and get damaged?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                How do vehicles get through the portal. Wouldn't they just fall on the other side and get damaged?
                                Someone could have pushed it through, or charged their batteries enough so they could be driven through. I don't think it was a case of stuff falling, but Jim just running through and stumbling as he came through the other side, like early Stargate.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X