Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    On the 85 million yr designation, is there something I missed that determined this other than dinosaurs and them saying so. How did they determine that as opposed to say 65 million yrs ago and the extinction event around the corner?
    I don't recall anything too specific, however, given information about the stars, the planets and the moon someone could get an idea as to an approximate age. Maddy Shannon had that moment where she was talking about the moon and stars etc, so I'd figure someone back in the "future" with a bit of computer power could map it out.

Think good ol' stellar drift.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Seriously that's one of his production decisions

Link please. I have a hard time believing this as many people have argued how is it not being able to defend your children from being eaten by the things any better and the logic of the reason of this being family oriented is very flawed because we saw a Sixer being devoured by a carnosaur right in the pilot. And if what we are going to behold is people being devoured in the most horrifying possible ways as their is nothing they can do about it, that's also going to put people off except off course the staunchest malthusian and pro human extinction movement enthusiasts and I suspect the show catters to that particular group alone then oh well...
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
        Link please. I have a hard time believing this as many people have argued how is it not being able to defend your children from being eaten by the things any better and the logic of the reason of this being family oriented is very flawed because we saw a Sixer being devoured by a carnosaur right in the pilot. And if what we are going to behold is people being devoured in the most horrifying possible ways as their is nothing they can do about it, that's also going to put people off except off course the staunchest malthusian and pro human extinction movement enthusiasts and I suspect the show catters to that particular group alone then oh well...
        Then how about them not wanting to commit the same mistakes? Their World was brought to extinction by them simply killing and taking everything. Maybe they just try to not go that way again. Would be a noble goal, kind of stupid considering the carnevours, but still.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

here
          http://www.tvserieslounge.com/2011/0...r-no-dino.html

and
          "The ethical treatment of Dinosaurs" bwawaw From producer Brannon Braga (the guy that killed Trek)
          http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ill-not-219939

and
          Spielberg doesn't want Dinosaurs killed on Terra Nova
          http://seriable.com/terra-nova-spiel...of-the-sixers/
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            Then how about them not wanting to commit the same mistakes? Their World was brought to extinction by them simply killing and taking everything. Maybe they just try to not go that way again. Would be a noble goal, kind of stupid considering the carnevours, but still.
            Actually their future world fell to war and greed and doing that and killing a predator that is about to tear you and your family to pieces are 2 very different things. One thing is for certain though Spielberg makes Cameron look tame when it comes to extremist conservationist views. In the end the actual demographics targeted for this show are Malthusians and Pro Human extinction advocates and as such I doubt it has much of a future.
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

Actually their future world fell to war and greed and doing that and killing a predator that is about to tear you and your family to pieces are 2 very different things. One thing is for certain though Spielberg makes Cameron look tame when it comes to extremist conservationist views. In the end the actual demographics targeted for this show are Malthusians and Pro Human extinction advocates and as such I doubt it has much of a future.
              Did you know there is an organization catering to that?

Comment

Im glad they went with a "nicer" military commander, they could have gone with the gruff old man who has been bitten so many times he calls his scars "war wounds" but they didnt and that as a nice surprise.

On another note: Terra Nova Wiki on wikkii.com!!!!!

Comment

Well, I tried.

Took me several days but I finally finished watching the pilot.

It was a pilot, felt like a pilot, looked like a pilot.

Let's hope that as in some other cases the actual series episodes are better than the pilot!

I won't go jumping on the science or plot holes (for now...), but rather I'll just say that I thought the acting was subpar for such a major production. While the actors had rather uninspiring lines and story with which to work, I wish they would have been more there. The little girl did fine, but the rest came off as rather blase.

Comment

Did you know there is an organization catering to that?
                    Yes I do hence my post...

Comment

play nice
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        play nice
                        Nobody's fighting unless I missed something...

Comment

Here's some more random fun with Dinosaurs........Anyone remember these?

Dinosaucers
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfz-F...eature=related

Valley Of The Dinosaurs
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-8TPrEU3nU

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            My main concern surrounding this show is whether or not FOX will give it enough of a shot to make it.
                            they did order 13 episodes as opposed to just a pilot so they must have faith in it....or maybe just faith in spielberg...

Comment

Here's some more random fun with Dinosaurs........Anyone remember these?

Dinosaucers
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfz-F...eature=related

Valley Of The Dinosaurs
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-8TPrEU3nU
                              Dont know those, but i remember this.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                My main concern surrounding this show is whether or not FOX will give it enough of a shot to make it.
                                That's my concern, too. It might help to let the show's sponsors know if you like the show. If you see a commercial you like, let the commercial's company know that you saw their advertisement during Terra Nova. I've heard many stories about people making an impression on a sponsor because they don't like something about a show. Maybe the same thing will work in a positive fashion.
                                My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Working...
                                X