Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    Yes, but remember that the more we talk about stuff here, we are actually spoiling it for others.
    If you read the rest of this thread, it's clear this thread is for people who already saw the pilot so they can review it and talk about what happened during the episode.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

There's a simple solution for this. Have one thread for general discussion and a second thread for discussing upcoming events, news, and what not. Simple, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        I've seen no SFX that actually have...
        I think it's because in Jurassic Park they mixed cgi with animatronics (real things) while in Terra Nova it's all cgi.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          There's a simple solution for this. Have one thread for general discussion and a second thread for discussing upcoming events, news, and what not. Simple, eh?
          It would probably be better to just give the show it's own folder. I think it deserves one more than say Alphas, and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            I think it's because in Jurassic Park they mixed cgi with animatronics (real things) while in Terra Nova it's all cgi.
            The CGI in 1993's Jurassic Park looked more realistic.

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            It would probably be better to just give the show it's own folder.
            So far, there doesn't seem to be that much interest. Just have one thread for discussing aired episodes and another for discussing upcoming episodes. Voila, problem solved.

Comment

So I'm watching and the door opens up to the "command centre" (or what they're calling it) and instantly you can tell who the guy in charge is just by how he enters the scene. It's at this point I think "I bet he's going to be like that hard ass from Avatar". I sure called that one.

I'm not sure what to think about the son. Before they went to Terra Nova he seemed to care about what happened, but when he arrived it was like a swift personality change and he turned into a massive douche. I'm not sure which change happened faster, his caring about his father to hating him for what happened, or missing his old girlfriend to following the new girl around like a lost puppy. Out of all the characters, he's the only one I have issue with. I like everyone else.

I was glad they established the "alternate timeline" because it would have made no sense to just send something back in time that contains details on what would happen and how to prevent it. This at least gives reason that they can go back 85 million years and their world is still screwed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                So I'm watching and the door opens up to the "command centre" (or what they're calling it) and instantly you can tell who the guy in charge is just by how he enters the scene. It's at this point I think "I bet he's going to be like that hard ass from Avatar". I sure called that one.

If you are referring to Taylor and equating it to Quaritch the comparison cannot be far more off base! Quaritch was a very unidimensional character with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Taylor is a far more multidimensional and complex character who has a missing son. The differences are quite out there...
                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

my gripe is they are trying to please everyone,, having a bunch of brats, spoiled children... cliche stuff.. sucks....

having the nuts who got loose is also, bs,, just send a team in and wipe them out, or let the dinos eat them..

I l ike more science,,, not soap operas...
                  My Story:
                  http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                    If you are referring to Taylor and equating it to Quaritch the comparison cannot be far more off base! Quaritch was a very unidimensional character with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Taylor is a far more multidimensional and complex character who has a missing son. The differences are quite out there...
                    I'm not comparing the characters to each other. It's just I thought he'd be a hard ass like the Avatar character and as it so happens, it's the same actor.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      So far, there doesn't seem to be that much interest. Just have one thread for discussing aired episodes and another for discussing upcoming episodes. Voila, problem solved.
                      These threads are getting much more traffic than the Alphas folder does.

Comment

Creating folders/subforums isn't difficult in itself.

Darren decides which shows get them though ,and he's currently running a Poll to test the water and gain feedback about this Autumn's new/returning shows.

(If any of you want to get your votes counted,and be heard ,go to the Poll thread at the top of this section and register your choice(s) and opinions.)

I've added the word "SPOILERS" into the thread title for now,but if any of you want to set up individual discussion threads about the plot points raised in the premier ,go right ahead.

Not sure what's best for upcoming episodes.

Maybe a Pre-airing thread ( marked as a spoiler thread ) ahead of the next one would be helpful?
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

the only reason there is a moratorium on abortion/sterilization is because i know you guys. And I know this topic will not remain within the boundaries of the hypothetical universe created by the show. It couldn't even do that for a few hours, much less long term.

It'll be like any politics or religion thread and go massively off topic and soon be full of bitter arguments and fights.

RIGHT NOW, this thread is for the show in general. NOT for the tangent of the population control used in the show. If someone wants to start another thread, they can to discuss just this aspect. Although, honestly, given taylor's attitude of 'i don't care about population laws of another time line' the topic as a whole is giving waaaaayyyyyy too much mileage to what was little more than a plot device in the pilot.

It was nothing but a plot device like the bad air and lack of fresh food, used to show just how dire the future could be and how 'dead end' life was there.

The chances of it coming up again is pretty slim, which also means that any thread will go south much faster because there isn't much from the show to talk about. Reason #2 to just let it go, especially in this general thread.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

After the series premiere, I can't wait for next Monday night. I really hope this show can do well on FOX. We need another good sci-fi show.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There is so much potential for this show but I fear it will all go to waste fast based on what I saw in the premiere.

First off, the intro of the pilot ranks as one of the lamest plot devices I've seen in a while. It doesn't fit at all with anything and just watching it was cringe worthy.

- A maximum security prison allows a woman to sneak in a laser cutter?
                              - How does he escape said prison?
                              - Then he breaks into what is supposed to be the most heavily guarded place on Earth with all this advanced technology by sneaking in under an army truck? Really?

On a side note, the idea in the beginning of the dystopian future is pretty interesting and would be a cool series in of itself.

As for the action on Terra Nova...why do we always need to have the douche attitude in teenagers all the time?
                              Also, these kids are going to the same place time and time again which is apparently Slasher territory, yet they have never encountered them before until now? Again, really?
                              And how have they not been seen sneaking out before when there are cameras everywhere, especially on that exact spot where they got out of the compound?

Despite this, I think there is potential, but I don't know if the series will be able to achieve it before it sizzles out.

Oh yea and Jurassic Park dinos > Terra Nova dinos...no contest.
                              sigpic

Comment

Also, these kids are going to the same place time and time again which is apparently Slasher territory, yet they have never encountered them before until now? Again, really?
                                That was just an excuse he came up with to explain why they weren't allowed at the waterfall. Slashers were a convenient excuse rather than admitting his son has gone Rambo and is drawing equations around the area. That's what made it a lame excuse as she clearly didn't believe it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X