Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I just think you're being too critical. How could the special FX be so "awful" if the dinosaurs look so many times better than anything today?

Somethings...yes...were predictable...but I didn't see it as cliche.
    I think he/she meant compared to the movie Jurassic Park but as for the special FX of that movie looking better than anything today I can only surmise that that statement is exclusively based on the eye of the beholder. I for one greatly enjoyed the show and look forward for more I would certainly like to know more about the drawings on the stones and how they got there since humans had not traveled back in time before them and those drawings looked as if made by prehistoric culture which doesn't add up since they would not know of time travel then. Anyway I loved how they explained that they were in an alternate time stream which is what allowed them to colonize that particular past without risk of inadvertently erase humanity from history all together.

I also found it a bit more realistic than Avatar in the sense that Avatar does not acknowledge the seriousness of the situation humans are in, it is as if everything is peaches and cream and they just go to another world to mine an exotic mineral at least here they face the problem head on and try to do something about it. I compare it to Avatar because both take place in a post apocalyptic environmental holocaust Earth at first I also think the way humans behaved when watching clouds and clear blue skies for the first time was right on (if you are born on such a nightmare future world) and again something that Avatar misses the mark.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Killer of Star Trek? Hmmm...do share!
      Brannon Braga
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Is there a thread here to discuss plot points?

Comment

Pretty decent show. I think I'll give it another go next week.

And those slashers.

Comment

According to the show they have travelled back in time but it's a parallel universe that they arrive in.... Now that wouldn't affect people in the present on their universe but what about the one they arrive in?

And if we had the same thing happen to us in our universe would there be a ripple effect back to us now?

Comment

I thought it was cliched up the wazoo (technical term ).

It started out interesting but after they got to the planet a lot of the plot points started to annoy me. (not sure if we are supposed to discuss specifics in this thread).

I'll give it another try because pilots can be iffy.

It reminded me an awful lot of that BBC show that aired this year on BBC America.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

missed the first half an hour, so i felt so lost when i tuned in watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post

It started out interesting but after they got to the planet a lot of the plot points started to annoy me. (not sure if we are supposed to discuss specifics in this thread).

It reminded me an awful lot of that BBC show that aired this year on BBC America.
                  /Agreed. Other than a few things about the world that the writers created there wasn't a lot of novelty here.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    According to the show they have travelled back in time but it's a parallel universe that they arrive in.... Now that wouldn't affect people in the present on their universe but what about the one they arrive in?

And if we had the same thing happen to us in our universe would there be a ripple effect back to us now?
                    I was pondering that very point just a while ago...

My assumption is this: when the folks from the future made a connection to the world of the past, a new and separate timeline was created. Therefore, the future people could interact with this "past" without fear of changing their own world. Further, because this past was splintered off at the point when contact was first made, then there wouldn't be any future selves to be altered. Possibly, in this alternate timeline, dinosaurs were never wiped out by an asteroid (yes, there is some new debate on this issue), and the human race might not have ever developed.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

My assumption is this: when the folks from the future made a connection to the world of the past, a new and separate timeline was created. Therefore, the future people could interact with this "past" without fear of changing their own world. Further, because this past was splintered off at the point when contact was first made, then there wouldn't be any future selves to be altered. Possibly, in this alternate timeline, dinosaurs were never wiped out by an asteroid (yes, there is some new debate on this issue), and the human race might not have ever developed.

regards,
                      G.
                      I am still watching and was just about to post the same thing. So I am just going to make your Point easier.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

regards,
                        G.
                        And how would we be affected if people from another parallel universe but "future time" arrived in our past?

Comment

And how would we be affected if people from another parallel universe but "future time" arrived in our past?
                          Theoratically a new one has been created with the arrival of the Beacon. Therefore there is only the Future that is made from that point on. So theoretically we would never develop on this World and where never meant to since it didnt exist till we budged in.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            Theoratically a new one has been created with the arrival of the Beacon. Therefore there is only the Future that is made from that point on. So theoretically we would never develop on this World and where never meant to since it didnt exist till we budged in.
                            Hmmmmmmmm ok. This is why I find time travel stuff gives one a headache.

Comment

Is there a thread here to discuss plot points?
                              yeah, THIS ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post

/Agreed. Other than a few things about the world that the writers created there wasn't a lot of novelty here.

regards,
                                G.
                                Then you guys need to come up with something "novel." Every idea out there now can be traced back to something that's already been done. All I see is people complaining about it and not doing anything. So, if you guys can come up with something new...have at it. Other wise, allow those of us who are enjoying the same old story told in a new way to enjoy it. KTB!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X