Abandon All Hope (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
    One thing that baffles me though, the horsemen were created by God, no? If they were, then why are they choosing a side, if they were not, then... well, you see where we'd go then.
    But they were created for the Apocalypse, to spread war and disease and famine and death. That's their job, and Lucifer is summoning them so they're gonna do it. It wasn't ordained that the Apocalypse would be started by anybody BUT God.

9 Weeks? I thought it was 8. You've just made my wait longer.
    Not me, but the preview did that listed Jan. 21st (not 14th as I had read earlier) as the airing date for 5.11 Sam, Interrupted

Another funny thing in the ep - how Castiel managed to bring everybody's mood down while the safe timer was running, so they're all looking really stricken in the photograph.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      But they were created for the Apocalypse, to spread war and disease and famine and death.
      True (on everything you said for this point). This does seem to indicate though, that God had planned for the Apocalypse. If so, why?

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Another funny thing in the ep - how Castiel managed to bring everybody's mood down while the safe timer was running, so they're all looking really stricken in the photograph.
      hah, good old Cas.
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
        True (on everything you said for this point). This does seem to indicate though, that God had planned for the Apocalypse. If so, why?
        I'm not very knowledgeable on what the Bible said, but I figured it was God's last resort if mankind strayed from the straight and narrow, if they didn't obey God's laws anymore. Every person would be killed, and they'd hold Judgement Day. God probably figured that he might run into a snag with this 'free will' thing, so he created a failsafe to pull the plug.

I like the way how they're showing that Lucifer is under time pressure because Nick isn't his true vessel, and is 'wearing thin'. I thought I saw some marks on his face already in Free to be You and Me, especially when they morphed Jessica into him, and I'd been wondering whether that would ever be explained.

As for the hellhounds - my usual complaint. What's up with the whump? Dean gets beat down by one of those things, and doesn't even get a scratch? And later Lucifer flings him half way across the meadow into a tree, and again, no ill effects? Either they're running low on film blood and waste it on the wrong people, or Michael is pulling strings in heaven, somehow protecting his vessel from harm.

sigpic

Comment

Totally bawled my eyes out - again! It was even worse than the first time because I knew what was coming. I loved the interaction between Ellen and Jo after Dean said good-bye. Without saying a word, Ellen let her daughter know she wasn't leaving her, and Jo's expression just screamed 'Mom, don't - but I'm glad you do.' She knew there was nothing she could say or do to make Ellen change her mind. After losing her husband, and now her daughter, what did she have to live for anyway?

Did anybody else think On the Head of a Pin when Cas started undoing the screws on that pipe? I thought he'd use the water to douse the flames, and I was wondering how he knew it was a (functioning) water pipe. Instead, he used it to knock Meg off her feet and into his reach. He sure is not as innocent and transcended as he looks.

Did anybody else think it was funny the Lucifer was doing all the digging himself, when there was a whole demon army at his command?

sigpic

Comment

I loved the episode. It was sad seeing Jo die in Ellen's arms. All in all a good episode...only really bad thing has having to wait until the end of January to see more Supernatural!
            sigpic

Comment

Ha! I hadn't noticed the silliness of Lucifer doing the digging!

I re-watched AGAIN with the little one, and even skipping 90% of it (she's 4, this episode was pretty inappropriate!), I STILL cried listening to Ellen.

I also noticed how Dean was reacting to the situation. In the latest magazine interview, Jensen mentioned how the difference between the boys is that Sam thinks long-term. He believes sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get the desired result in the future. Dean doesn't. He is always in the moment, so won't accept casualties as a necessary evil. He believes you can save everyone AND still win the war, sometimes To his own detriment.

I thought of this when Sam says they need to get to Lucifer and Dean adds on 'AFTER we get Ellen and Jo out of here.' He still believes Jo can be saved even though he knows her wound is basically fatal. Sam acquiesces to him, but you can see he doesn't really believe it's going to happen. And once Jo lays it all out, Dean acquiesces, knowing she is right. But you can see how hard it is for him. And later with Ellen, it is Sam that has to say, 'Dean', to get him moving out of the hardware store.

Comment

Now that someone mentioned it......Castiel on a cell phone! Odd. Sure, he can do all kinds of stuff us mere mortals can't. He even made reference to his car ride remember? I think it was Lucifer who asked him how it was, and he said "slow" and "confining" or words to that effect.

The same with Lucifer doing all the digging!

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  I loved the episode. It was sad seeing Jo die in Ellen's arms. All in all a good episode...only really bad thing has having to wait until the end of January to see more Supernatural!
                  I couldn't agree more. This wait is going to be horrible. Especially after such an amazing episode like this one.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes, I still have more to say!

Where did Jo go once they went into Crowley's house? Was she lookout? You think they could have thrown in a quick explainer there.

STILL want to cry when I think of Ellen. I hope Samantha Ferris knows how much we all love her!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                      Yes, I still have more to say!

Where did Jo go once they went into Crowley's house? Was she lookout? You think they could have thrown in a quick explainer there.

STILL want to cry when I think of Ellen. I hope Samantha Ferris knows how much we all love her!
                      Good point. If she was a lookout she didn't do a very good job since those two bodyguards were able to sneak up on the boys. She may have been searching the house for the Colt just in case Cowley didn't have it on him.

sigpic

Comment

I did love this episode. Equal parts sad and 'oh god, Cas is a sexy beast'.

However, it did highlight something for me. Satan is a brilliant, brilliant character. Nothing like I'd expected him to be.
                        Yet the actor they've chosen to portray him just doesn't do it for me. He just doesn't seem to settle in with the personality they've given him and it made the parts of the episode he featured in rather jarring for me.

Comment

This was a great episode, and what I liked best is that it seems as if Crowley's right. Lucifer has no regard for the lives of his "children" although they tore a war apart and created a war to free him from his prison. I'm pretty sure that he's lying about a lot of things. First its told that he was imprisoned because he refused to bow down to humanity, then Ruby said that "demon sunday school" taught them that it was because he corrupted Lillith and made the first demon, then he says that it was because he asked God why they had to bow down to humans and Michael wouldn't stand by him, making his position weaker. So which one was it? And didn't Gabriel say that "sunday night dinner" was like this cosmic battle we're now in? This must have been after the lights were turned on because after they were Lucifer fell, yet Lucifer claims he idolized Michael. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I don't buy it. And one other thing, the demon sunday school thing shows how much demons worship him, like God. I hope that if God is alive he does nt have that much disrespect for his children.
                          http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
                            This was a great episode, and what I liked best is that it seems as if Crowley's right. Lucifer has no regard for the lives of his "children" although they tore a war apart and created a war to free him from his prison. I'm pretty sure that he's lying about a lot of things. First its told that he was imprisoned because he refused to bow down to humanity, then Ruby said that "demon sunday school" taught them that it was because he corrupted Lillith and made the first demon, then he says that it was because he asked God why they had to bow down to humans and Michael wouldn't stand by him, making his position weaker. So which one was it? And didn't Gabriel say that "sunday night dinner" was like this cosmic battle we're now in? This must have been after the lights were turned on because after they were Lucifer fell, yet Lucifer claims he idolized Michael. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I don't buy it. And one other thing, the demon sunday school thing shows how much demons worship him, like God. I hope that if God is alive he does nt have that much disrespect for his children.
                            I don't think he does. And hopefully, we will see evidence of that by season's end.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

ok I just have to say

the devil is awesome!!

really liked him in this one

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                                ok I just have to say

the devil is awesome!!

really liked him in this one
                                He was good. No denying that IMO. I can't wait to see more of him as this season unfolds.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X