Renewed for season 9!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    I think it may only match them, not surpass them.
    I agree
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

So I read in one of the other threads that Misha Collins is confirmed as a regular cast member next season (http://tvline.com/2013/02/25/superna...llins-returns/) and judging by the comments on the aforementioned link, there's mixed feelings about it. It made me think about what I would like to see in season 9 (overall), and I have come up with the following:

1) Make Castiel relevant. Either make season 9 about the Angel Tablet, or an all-out war between Heaven and Hell, whatever, but if he has to be super-powered, give him super-powerful things to fight against. Alternatively, have done with it and just make him human. I like less-powerful Cas much more than Cas who can do everything in 8 seconds flat.

2) More Garth. I love how much Garth has grown as a character despite the fact that we've seen him all of... what... 2 or 3 times? From the moment he was mentioned on Weekend at Bobby's to present-day when he's constantly mentioned by the Winchesters and Kevin, Garth has developed into somebody we can all love, or hate, but mostly love, I hope. He's the nerdy, scrawny kid who somehow defied all the odds and made it, not just as a hunter, but as a respected hunter. Plus he iced a tooth-fairy.

3) Respectable female characters. I want a new Ellen. This show has been sadly lacking in women who are cool, competent yet realistic. Bela was a total ***** and I was glad to see her dragged to hell. I hope she makes a comeback as demon-Bela just so Dean can have the pleasure of killing her once and for all with the knife (or the colt, I'm cool with both though I think the colt is classier). I would like to see just one female character who can hold her own in a fight, has brains, isn't a love-interest for the guys, and lasts for more than two or three episodes. Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to more of Meg (actress is hawt) as an unwilling but necessary ally.

4) Men of Letters. Gimme more. It's a secret underground society with a secret headquarters which appears to be a combination of the Swan Station (Lost) and the Bat-Cave. I want to know more about it. I want to join it. I want to be an [Urban Space]Man of Letters, with the decoder ring and the hand-shake and everything. I also want to know more about their allies, and how they saved the world from the Nazis.

5) More humour. So far we've seen lampoons of the Wild West, Aliens/The X Files, other TV shows, classic Monster Noire films... so far season 8 has mostly been about the Purgatory and the torture of people, with the comedy moments largely confined to Hunteri Heroici. Yet I feel satire is one of the strong points of the show; sometimes it's subtle word-play, sometimes it's obvious yet no less amusing thanks to the comedic timing of the actors.

6) Crowley. One of the best villains ever. The polar opposite to Azazel, who relishes chaos and pain and delights in causing both merely for the sake of it. Crowley is more of a business man, all about the end goal than the journey, yet he has the best lines in the whole show, and whether he is in a scene with Dean and Sam, or Bobby, or Castiel... he steals it, every single time. I'm not sure whether Mark Sheppard does it on purpose (in which case, he's a genius) or whether he's been directed that way, but I can only compare the situation to Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, in which Alan Rickman blatantly over-acts the Sheriff of Nottingham, comes across as a cold and power-hungry bastard, yet still leaves Kevin Costner's fake-english-accent-nancy-boy-Robin eating his dust (not to imply that the rest of the cast of Supernatural are anything as dire as Kevin Costner's performance in Robin Hood. It's just that Crowley nicks the attention no matter who's in the room with him). More Crowley would be great.

I had other things, but then I went rambling about Kevin Costner and now I can't remember which other things I wanted to see in season 9. So, to sum up: More Garth. More Crowley. Relevant and not-overpowered Cas. Secret Men Of Letters Decoder Ring. Intelligent non-love-interest female character. Humour.

I don't think I'm asking for much...
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

To add on to your points - actually could be an addendum to #3 - What about Sheriff Jody Mills? I think she's awesome.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, she is awesome indeed. I think it would be interesting if she sort of naturally slid into the role of Hunter, it would compliment her day-job and give the boys an ally. I had such hopes for Henrickson, he would have made a great Hunter I think, but sadly he got Lilithed.
          Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I would love for them to deal with getting Adam out of the cage at some point in season 9. It's like they completely forgot about him.

I'd also like to see Gabriel make a return. He faked his own death how many times? It wouldn't be that far of a stretch to think that he did it again when Lucifer killed him. I'm sure they could come up with a believable way to bring him back.

Also, i don't know about anyone else, but i'd like to see Chuck make a return. When he vanished at the end of season 5, most kinda assumed that he was God the whole time. Chuck clearly wasn't a prophet, so what else could he be other than God? How about another powerful being that we've only just recently learned about, who happen's to be an Archangel named Metatron.

Not sure if the Chuck/Metatron connection has been mentioned before, but it would be a great way to bring Chuck back while introducing us to a new Angel in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
              I would love for them to deal with getting Adam out of the cage at some point in season 9. It's like they completely forgot about him.
              Yes, a shame they didn't give Adam a proper ending, but I guess leaving him in the cage with Michael and Lucifer leaves it open for the future.

I'd also like to see Gabriel make a return. He faked his own death how many times? It wouldn't be that far of a stretch to think that he did it again when Lucifer killed him. I'm sure they could come up with a believable way to bring him back.
              Sadly, I think he's dead.

When angels die, an outline of their wings is burnt onto the ground, which is what happened when Gabriel died. A shame, because I liked him even when he was just plain old Trickster.

Also, i don't know about anyone else, but i'd like to see Chuck make a return. When he vanished at the end of season 5, most kinda assumed that he was God the whole time. Chuck clearly wasn't a prophet, so what else could he be other than God? How about another powerful being that we've only just recently learned about, who happen's to be an Archangel named Metatron.

Not sure if the Chuck/Metatron connection has been mentioned before, but it would be a great way to bring Chuck back while introducing us to a new Angel in the show.
              I have thought about Chuck as Metatron, it would make sense, since Metatron's a scribe and Chuck writes books.

Sadly, I think Chuck (whether as God or Metatron) would be way overpowered. Gabriel worked because he didn't really get involved, except as an occasional antagonist.

Comment

I definitely would love for the whole Chuck mystery to be revealed before the end of this show.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Nice to see it's still going strong! My son and I are on season 2 currently. I have up to season 4 on BluRay. Waiting for summer deals to pick up a few more seasons!

Good to know CW will still have on their more action type of shows. Got Arrow on the PVR to watch with my son and husband.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Having Arrow and Supernatural air back to back is a great decision IMO.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Haha nice! I'm extremely excited to how Crowley turns out in season 9

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                        Nice to see it's still going strong! My son and I are on season 2 currently. I have up to season 4 on BluRay. Waiting for summer deals to pick up a few more seasons!

Good to know CW will still have on their more action type of shows. Got Arrow on the PVR to watch with my son and husband.
                        If you see it on sale please post and let us know!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisStargate View Post
                          Haha nice! I'm extremely excited to how Crowley turns out in season 9
                          Yeah, I can't wait either to see what state he is in when we encounter him next season.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Yeah, I can't wait either to see what state he is in when we encounter him next season.
                            Spoiler for S8 finale.
                            Spoiler:
                            I think he'll be somewhat more human, or quite possibly reverted back to himself since the ritual wasn't completed :/
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 July 2013, 11:10 PM. Reason: Tag added.:)

Comment

Actually...

...from the TV Guide Comic-Con Special:

- Spoilers for season 9 -
                              Spoiler:
                              Did Crowley (guest star Mark A. Shepard) really experience emotional pain when Sam was trying to make him human? Will we see a change in the King of Hell?

Carver: Crowley was genuinely affected as he was undergoing the transformation. How much of that will linger is an open question because, in the end, he didn't become human.

Singer: While he won's admit it, Crowley enjoyed that brief feeling of humanity. That idea will color him throughout the season.

Will he stop trying to kill Dean and Sam?

Singer: He's still under the boy's control when the season opens, but also there's someone else who wants to take over the reins of Hell. That person is an enemy to the boys, so there's a certain "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" feeling between them.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

was there any hinting or word on whether naomi will return for s9?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X