No announcement yet.

Supernatural Fanfic and Brainstorming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kid!fic if written correctly an be v good.... there's this BBC!Sherlock fic i'm following where john has been turned into a toddler by one of Mycroft's inept ppl and, although he is growing at in acclerated rate, he still has a second childhood and sherlock is determined to make it the best any child could ask for.... it's very cute and addorable, and flat out hilarious in some points, absolutely heart wrenching in others, and just in general, plays the audience like a fiddle

and yes, me likes!
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

I love kid!fics wherein Dean has a child, preferably a daughter. Something about Dean with a little girl just turns my insides to jello. I think my love for these types of kid!fics stems from not getting to see Dean interact with kids (little girls) that much. And Lilith does not count, she was evil! And, just in general guys with kids make me melt.

De-aged kid!fics I'm not so fond of, even though I do take a gander. I will only read those of they are done well.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay, so this is what I have so far for that ankle fic.. I just want to know your general opinions and whether or not I seem to have a firm grip on the character.. If you don't mind that is.

Spoiler:
        The Impala purred as it drove back to Rufus’ old cabin, rumbling almost happily under his hands as he steered. Dean stared blankly out of the windshield, taking this time to erase the evidence of where he’d just been from his face and mind so that Sam wouldn’t see. Though he fully believed that he’d done what had been necessary, Dean knew that his little brother wouldn’t agree. He knew that Sam had once been in love with Amy and, if he would be honest with Dean, probably still was, even if it was just a little bit. Once Sam found out that Dean had killed Amy instead of letting her go like he’d said and had just left her son to fend for himself, the Sasquatch would more than likely attack. Oh sure, Sam being more mild-tempered than Dean, it wouldn’t be an all-out assault but it would be enough for Sam to vent his anger and hurt.

A grimace briefly crossed his face as his recently broken leg reminded him that it hadn’t been ready for all he’d made it do – namely, bearing half his weight. Even as he’d sawed through the cast, Dean had known that he would eventually regret not giving his leg more time to heal but at the time, he’d been more worried about Sam than he had his own health so he’d done it anyways. At first the leg wouldn’t even hold his weight but it had been more weakness in his knee than it had been the leg itself. Annoyingly enough it had left him limping for a good couple of hours but the more he walked, the more weight he forced the knee to hold.

Parking alongside the dilapidated-looking cabin, Dean cleared his throat, clearing as much of the pain from his mind as he could along with it, then slowly got out and headed to the front door. The slight twitch in his eyes was the only wince he gave whenever he put weight on his right leg, his body and mind refusing to allow more to shine through on his face.

There were several things that made Dean a good hunter: his training, his near-perfect aim, and his ability to worry about others before himself were three of his top qualities but what actually did the most for him was his high tolerance for pain. It took a lot for him to show he was hurting and by then it was usually so bad, most normal people would be crying or doped up higher than the moon. It helped that, after his mom had died, he’d tried to just not feel anything; his mind had learned even then how to push pain into the far reaches of his brain and leave it there for another time, when it was more convenient. After all, he’d had other things to worry about, mostly just Sammy. Course, there had never really been a ‘convenient’ time to revisit that dark corner and it usually reared its ugly head when he least needed it to, for instance in the middle of a case when someone is beating the crap outta you.

As he reached the landing of the broke-down porch, the front door swung open. Dean didn’t have time to prepare himself for the fist that swung his way quickly followed by the furiously betrayed eyes of one Sam Winchester. Caught off guard and therefore off balance, the older Winchester stumbled backward, tripping down the rickety stairs before landing awkwardly on his right leg. With the leg already weakened, it collapsed under his weight leaving him semi-sprawled on the dirt drive and staring at the blue sky.

Sonofa*****, he cursed to himself before he climbed back to his feet and held his hands in front of his face, ready to defend in case of another swing. Judging from how pulled that punch was, he doubted Sammy would take another shot but given how unsteady his little brother’s mental status was, Dean wasn’t going to take any chances.

For five minutes, the two brothers stood their ground, neither one advancing on the other; they simply stayed where they were, watching one another. Sam’s chest heaved, his emotions driving his heart rate and breathing up but he made sure to keep his hands by his sides, looking almost relaxed. Dean’s heart ached for his brother but it didn’t compare to the pain he could feel coming from his tender shin and, more strongly, his ankle.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          I love kid!fics wherein Dean has a child, preferably a daughter. Something about Dean with a little girl just turns my insides to jello. I think my love for these types of kid!fics stems from not getting to see Dean interact with kids (little girls) that much. And Lilith does not count, she was evil! And, just in general guys with kids make me melt.

De-aged kid!fics I'm not so fond of, even though I do take a gander. I will only read those of they are done well.
          i got confused and my first thought was "Huh, wha? why don't i count?" and then i remembered and was like "oh yea, that Lilith.... creppy children that she was" i still think of her as that Dentist she wore last..... but, kiddie!Lilith so does not count in any way....

looking good M, you got Dean and his perspective of Sam spot on!
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
            i got confused and my first thought was "Huh, wha? why don't i count?" and then i remembered and was like "oh yea, that Lilith.... creppy children that she was" i still think of her as that Dentist she wore last..... but, kiddie!Lilith so does not count in any way....

looking good M, you got Dean and his perspective of Sam spot on!
            LOL!!!!

Nice job M! Gave it a quick read through and really think you've got it down.

Comment

Yay!!!! *dances*

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Hey M, I got you some hurt comfort fic....I hate you, btw. I don't do hurt comfort, I don't do AU, I don't do non canon, but the frelling muse wouldn't let this one go. She was gnawing at this ankle fic like a dog with a bone. LMK when you're around and I'll send it to you.
                sigpic
                Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
                --Angels in America

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
                  Hey M, I got you some hurt comfort fic....I hate you, btw. I don't do hurt comfort, I don't do AU, I don't do non canon, but the frelling muse wouldn't let this one go. She was gnawing at this ankle fic like a dog with a bone. LMK when you're around and I'll send it to you.
                  Wait, are you blaming me for the ankle fic?? Um, sorry?? lol. I'm around!

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Ok, it's five pages...should I email it? and yes, i'm blaming you
                    sigpic
                    --Angels in America

Comment

Ok, it's five pages...should I email it? and yes, i'm blaming you
                      Blame away my friend, blame away. yeah, go ahead and email it. My email is and no, I don't mind putting my email in a thread.

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

You've got mail.
                        sigpic
                        --Angels in America

Comment

You've got mail.
                          Yay

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

You've got mail.
                            Ditto

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

So, it passed muster for my first hurt/comfort? Not sure if it needed to be more graphic or not...
                              sigpic
                              --Angels in America

Comment

So, it passed muster for my first hurt/comfort? Not sure if it needed to be more graphic or not...
                                No, I think it's perfect the way it is and yes, it passed for h/c. There was some comfort in it, just not from the present. It totally worked. It was bittersweet but very well written. I actually wish there had been more to it, you know? lol But! Such is the way with good fics

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X